Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rages

One for the Statto's

as in sealed promotion like we have with a few games left, and then slacked off and let the team below (Leeds) catch them and come 1st instead? Good point really, could happen with Notts County if rochdale catch them again

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

No, my point isn''t that it will happen to us, my question is has it ever happened before.

[/quote]

Sorry, read your post again see what you mean

I think its going to happen in league 2 this very season isnt it? I think Rochdale were the first to get promoted and although its not over yet Notts County will win the league as they''re 4 points clear with a game in hand..

[quote user="rondy"]I think its going to happen in league 2 this very season isnt it? I think Rochdale were the first to get promoted and although its not over yet Notts County will win the league as they''re 4 points clear with a game in hand..
[/quote]

Notts County were promoted first, Rochdale should have done it sooner but lost a couple of games.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Not that this will happen to us but has a team ever been promoted first in their league to then go on, to not win the title?[/quote]None comes to mind but im sure it has. Especially if the top two are comfortably clear of third, they could be promoted several games before the end of the season, leaving lots of time for second to overtake first.