Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Geoffrey Watling - Leave your messages here

what a great loss to the club, the game and country mr watling helped us more times than we actually realise.

god knows what would have happened if he wasn''t at our club

rest in peace and thanks again

He was " Mr. Norwich City " in my earlier days of supporting City and has been ever since.

A fine man and a very sad loss to our fine club.

Get them Angels singing for us Mr. Watling.  R.I.P.

What an unbelievably sad day for the club.  Geoffrey Watling was a City legend and will always be remembered by those of us who remain to cheer on our boys in the yellow and green.  Perhaps he can put in a good word for us now with those who are influential in the other ''boardroom''!  RIP Geoffrey.  Life''s work well done indeed.

I was saddened to hear of the death of the man who has twice saved Norwich from bankrupcy. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Geoffrey Watling rest in peace

Must admit I didn''t realise the extent to which Geoffrey Watling had played in City''s past, although I knew he replaced Chase when we were in a dire state. How much of our return to the Premiership is down to him I have no idea, but surely a great deal of gratitude must go to him for settling the ship when he re-took over. By all accounts he was a sterling gentleman and a great credit to Norwich, may he rest in heaven watching his beloved Canaries playing football the right way.

RIP Geoffrey Watling.

A really sad day; a great loss to all of us - he will be remembered fondly.  Without his help, Norwich City F.C. would not be around today. 

Thanks for everything Mr Watling.

Thank you Mr Watling for everything you have done for our beloved club, you were yellow and green through and through. 

My thoughts are with your family at this very sad time.

Such a shame that you weren''t able to see our first win back in the Premiership, but I am sure that the lads will do you proud on Saturday.

R I P Mr Norwich

When I was young and reading the history of Norwich City Geoffrey Watling''s name often appeared when things looked bleak for the Club Mr Norwich City was always there to help turn the club around.  A true icon in the history of the Club the impact & legacy Mr Watling has made on the Club is something that us fans could only dream about. 

At this time when the Club has been struggling the results pale into insignificance.  This is the biggest loss the Club has had in many years & you will be sadly missed.

A very sad day for Norwich City, a man who saved our club on several occassions- and always managed to keep a smile even in the darker days. Glad that he was around to see his beloved club return to the highest league - now the boys have to go out on Saturday and win the game for him.

RIP Geoffrey - you will be remembered as "Mr Norwich City" our saviour

A true Gentleman, and a saviour of Norwich City Football Club. My deepest condolences to his family.      RIP Mr Watling.        

Mello. 

A huge thank you to a gentleman who is a credit to our football club, he will be sorely missed, he saved our football club now lets hope the players can give him what he deserves, the chance to watch his beloved club from above.

Deepest commiserations and thoughts go out to his family.  Where would NCFC be without him and lets do it on Saturday for him as I am sure he will be watching from above.

Quote : Such a shame that you weren''t able to see our first win back in the Premiership, but I am sure that the lads will do you proud on Saturday.

Nicely said Meeky.

A very sad loss indeed, as someone who has only supported City for 12 years I''ll never fully appreciate just how much this legend did for our club, but I know it was a lot. He will be sorely missed. 

RIP Mr Watling. You are without doubt Mr Norwich City and the club and fans will not forget you for all the work you have done for the club and helped keep this club running so we Norwich Fans still have a club to support and now of course back in the Premiership. The Geoffery Watling City Stand named after yourself in honour of what you have done will remind us and make us proud of such a fine man who did so much for the club who fully deserves to rest peacefully. We hope you will still look over the club up there and support your ''PREMIERSHIP team. 

When I started supporting City in the late sixties, Geoffrey Watling was reviled by the fans in much the same way that a certain Bob the Builder was some thirty years later. I don''t suppose I''m the only one who can remember some of the chants which rang round Carrow Road at the time. It''s a measure of the love he had for our club that he stuck it out and helped us into the old first division in ''72.

I''m just pleased to see that he lived to see us back in the Premiership, and the celebrations of May 10th.

Rest in peace Mr Watling, and thankyou.

A sad loss to The Canaries - Geofrey Watling kept this Club alive through at least two turbulent periods seperated by over 30 years.  It says much for the man that he was so heavily involved over such a long period. He will be sorely missed

Saddened to hear the news today, despite a "good innings" as they say, Geoffrey Watling was one of those people you expect to be around for ever, such a constant presence he was with Norwich City.

He rolled up his sleeves and stepped into the breach left by Robert Chase''s departure. A vital steady hand on the tiller with the best interests of the club at heart was just what we needed to steady the good ship Carrow Rd.

R.I.P Mr Watling, and thanks for everything.

The news today of Mr Watling''s death transcends every other footballing matter. I''m writing this as England are playing, and to be quite blunt, I couldn''t gve a damn as to how they are getting on.

I am 39 years old, so to me, Geoffrey has always been there. To many of our younger supporters, they won''t even realise who the man was. Let me put this this into perspective.

Imagine Roman Abrmovich walking into Carrow Road, when they were on the verge of extinction and rescuing the club.

Mr Watling saved this club from being an Accrington Stanley. Without him Delia would be an Ipswich supporter! And so propably would all off us as that would have been our nearest proffesional team. Imagine that!

Rest In Peace Geoffrey, you were a wonderful gentleman in this life, I look forward to meeting you in the next.

I''ll be there on Saturday to greet our first Premiership victory, in your honour.