Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

Extra Seats...

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]

Hardly seems worth the effort for a few hundred seat....tear the crappy hotel down & build a proper infill!!!!

[/quote]Gets my vote in, trap the noise in.

[quote user="Northern Exile"]I cannot believe that we still have the away fans in the Jarrold Stand , next to the Barclay . We have to cover over at least 200-300 seats each game to seperate our fans from the away ones in the the Jarrold . To me it would be a far better solution to have the away fans in the corner between the River End and Jarrold .The reasons are obvious , we could easily fill the main body of the Jarrold to its maximum capacity , usually away teams don''t bring more that 1000 fans and that corner area in that case would be perfect . For a bigger game you could use the lower tear as well to get the away allocation up to the maximum allowed . We would be eventually able ( finance permitting ) to put a extra tear on the Jarrold and add 4000 seats there , plus the 200-300 seats we can save each week instead of being wastefully covered over and in my opinion the problem of struggling for extra seats would be solved .

[/quote]sounds feasible but surely they away fans should be next to the Barclay..

Having away fans next to the Barclay helps with the amosphere!

The poster states that by having away fans in the Jarold stand means that seating has to be covered for segregation - surely this would be the case as well if away fans were in the Aviva Community corner stand?

I can''t imagine the club building a permanant stand in front of the hotel holding just a few hundred when its possible to get 2-3000 in that area. I''d imagine that a stand holding a few hundred would be a temporary stand ?

[quote user="Northern Exile"]I cannot believe that we still have the away fans in the Jarrold Stand , next to the Barclay . We have to cover over at least 200-300 seats each game to seperate our fans from the away ones in the the Jarrold . To me it would be a far better solution to have the away fans in the corner between the River End and Jarrold .

[/quote]

So NCFC would have to have 200-300 empty on BOTH sides of the away fans instead of one side at the moment.

Always an interesting topic this one. Recalling the building of the current Barclay end, the away fans were originally housed in the top tier, but this was problematic due (at the time) to reasons such as spitting on the home fans. Also, atmosphere wise, perhaps not the best idea.

However, we can never reach our (just over) 26,000 capacity currently due to segregation. So, taking that point first, with the current ground, could we go back to using the top tier of the Barclay, allowing the whole of the South stand to be home fans? Good stewarding may permit this, at the expense of atmosphere perhaps. Nevertheless it could be done - even on a flexible basis to get all seats filled/sold.

While thinking of atmosphere, why couldnt away fans be accomodated in the top tier of the River End - therefore guarenteeing some noise from that part of the ground and maybe encouraging Norwich fans around them to get a bit more vocal too. Just a speculator for the sake of being given twenty reasons why not.

In terms of a capital project, the hotel Infill appears to be the cheapest option.Any further building work/ground reconfiguration should be saved for our return to the Premiership, the summer between our first and second season.