Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

Extra Seats...

Confirmed to me that these are to be constructed in front of the corner fill between jarrold, and barclay. Dates unknown but the plans to build are with the club to sign-off before being built.

Seems as if they''re not temporary seats either.... Also, it''s 100''s not 1000''s which surprised me a little.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="aka_riise"]Can''t say unfortuanetly, but i''ve seen the blueprints....[/quote]

in asda...

[/quote]LOL

[quote user="aka_riise"]

Confirmed to me that these are to be constructed in front of the corner fill between jarrold, and barclay. Dates unknown but the plans to build are with the club to sign-off before being built.

Seems as if they''re not temporary seats either.... Also, it''s 100''s not 1000''s which surprised me a little.

[/quote]

I''m surprised (and sceptical) about this!

a) How can we afford it

b) Can''t believe the old bill will allow it anyway being slap bang between Barclay contingent and the away fans!  

A) i agree

B) why does everyone think this its stupid, look at the emirates white heart lane even upton park and many more there is just a fence like structure and one row of seats for stewards between the fans so why on earth cant we do the same?

This temp stand was one of the ideas mentioned by McNally at the supporters forum but he seemed more keen on maximising space already within the confines of the established seating areas.He said words to the effect of " If we can put in the odd row and block here and there, maybe 20 or 30 seats at a time then we will do so"He implied that they could find a few hundred new seats this way.

Although the corner infill was mentioned at the meeting that extra seats could possibly be put there I agree that McNally said "a few hundred seats could be put in here & there around the ground"

However with finances tight and as we are years away from adding another tier to the City Stand (also mentioned at the meeting) I am sure judging from what McNally said they will put in as many seats as possible to maximise revenue.

I am sure (safety permitting) that seats will be put into the corner infill.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="aka_riise"]

[/quote]

I''m surprised (and sceptical) about this!

a) How can we afford it

b) Can''t believe the old bill will allow it anyway being slap bang between Barclay contingent and the away fans!  

[/quote]

Cant see this being a huge problem YR, they would steward or block off a section closest to the away fans for high risk matches such as Ipswich , no diffrent to the Jarrold really ! I would say that even 3 to 4 hundred would sell every game and I am sure that it would increase the atmosphere. Just think a bunch of sandwich eating oldies stukc between the away fans and Barclay LOL

Great if its true...I''d definately sit there! can you imagine what that would be like V the scummers!

[quote user="morty"]This temp stand was one of the ideas mentioned by McNally at the supporters forum but he seemed more keen on maximising space already within the confines of the established seating areas.

He said words to the effect of " If we can put in the odd row and block here and there, maybe 20 or 30 seats at a time then we will do so"

He implied that they could find a few hundred new seats this way.

[/quote]

There is far too much leg room in the director''s box for a start and I wouldn''t object to sitting on Delia''s lap if it came to it.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="morty"]This temp stand was one of the ideas mentioned by McNally at the supporters forum but he seemed more keen on maximising space already within the confines of the established seating areas.He said words to the effect of " If we can put in the odd row and block here and there, maybe 20 or 30 seats at a time then we will do so"He implied that they could find a few hundred new seats this way.

[/quote]

There is far too much leg room in the director''s box for a start and I wouldn''t object to sitting on Delia''s lap if it came to it.

[/quote]Smudger already claimed that seat.[:D]

[quote user="City penguin"]

A) i agree

B) why does everyone think this its stupid, look at the emirates white heart lane even upton park and many more there is just a fence like structure and one row of seats for stewards between the fans so why on earth cant we do the same?

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing last week when I watched the North London derby, not a great deal of distance between home and away fans, same at Anfield and Old Trafford. Yet we have a thick divide that takes up a couple of hundred seats.

Think the point is that even if we can get a few hundred seats in there it would mean that when we play teams with a tinpot away following (e.g. preston, doncaster) who will bring about 300 fans we don''t have to give them any of the Jarrold Stand and lose seast in there to segregation so it frees up a couple of hundred more in there as well.

that could be a good idea, give small support just the corner and we could have the whole jarold. If not im having a seat in this corner :)

[quote user="City penguin"]

that could be a good idea, give small support just the corner and we could have the whole jarold. If not im having a seat in this corner :)

[/quote]

I think away fans should be fenced in in the carpark and put up a big screen for them to watch, then we can fill the ground quite easily with green and yellow 

[quote user="aka_riise"]

[/quote]McNally has already said that it takes 5 years to recoup the cost of each seat in a newly built stand and all available funds next season will go to Paul Lambert for team strengthening so IMO the only way that will get built is if a sponsor pays for it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="aka_riise"]Can''t say unfortuanetly, but i''ve seen the blueprints....[/quote]

in asda...

[/quote]

Lmao

[quote user="aka_riise"]

[/quote]

I take Norfolk County Council who would issue the safety certificate have had this run past them and have agreed.

I cannot believe that we still have the away fans in the Jarrold Stand , next to the Barclay . We have to cover over at least 200-300 seats each game to seperate our fans from the away ones in the the Jarrold . To me it would be a far better solution to have the away fans in the corner between the River End and Jarrold .The reasons are obvious , we could easily fill the main body of the Jarrold to its maximum capacity , usually away teams don''t bring more that 1000 fans and that corner area in that case would be perfect . For a bigger game you could use the lower tear as well to get the away allocation up to the maximum allowed . We would be eventually able ( finance permitting ) to put a extra tear on the Jarrold and add 4000 seats there , plus the 200-300 seats we can save each week instead of being wastefully covered over and in my opinion the problem of struggling for extra seats would be solved .