Sign in to follow this  
Big Duncs Bloody Shirt

An NCFC related conundrum ... help!

Now that we can all breath easy and, bizarre points deductions apart, we can prepare to lock horns with ''that lot'' again next season ... now may be an appropriate time for some of my pink''un chums to consider this ....

A bloke I know (let''s call him Dunc!) has a football mad 9 year old who has been doctrined in the ways of the Canary and is as City mad as his dad! ... the said 9 year old has shown considerable promise in 7-a-side football, which hasn''t gone unnoticed by local clubs, including that unmentionable lot down the road! So much so, that our six fingered friends have invited this youngster to attend (free of charge) a summer soccer school, which is to be held mainly on the training pitch behind the monstosity known as Portman Road! Given that this would entail ''Dunc'' having to attend, chat and be sociable to members of this unfortunate organisation it''s left him with very mixed feelings!! It may well be that this soccer school will lead to nothing more ... but it leaves Dunc feeling very torn .... loyalty to his football mad son ... or loyalty to his beloved NCFC!!

I welcome your thoughts guys ....

OTBC!! 

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]

Now that we can all breath easy and, bizarre points deductions apart, we can prepare to lock horns with ''that lot'' again next season ... now may be an appropriate time for some of my pink''un chums to consider this ....

A bloke I know (let''s call him Dunc!) has a football mad 9 year old who has been doctrined in the ways of the Canary and is as City mad as his dad! ... the said 9 year old has shown considerable promise in 7-a-side football, which hasn''t gone unnoticed by local clubs, including that unmentionable lot down the road! So much so, that our six fingered friends have invited this youngster to attend (free of charge) a summer soccer school, which is to be held mainly on the training pitch behind the monstosity known as Portman Road! Given that this would entail ''Dunc'' having to attend, chat and be sociable to members of this unfortunate organisation it''s left him with very mixed feelings!! It may well be that this soccer school will lead to nothing more ... but it leaves Dunc feeling very torn .... loyalty to his football mad son ... or loyalty to his beloved NCFC!!

I welcome your thoughts guys ....

OTBC!! 

[/quote]

It would be a great experience for him which you shouldn''t pass up. Regardless of who''s behind it it involves him getting some good coaching and meeting new people. You shouldn''t have to think twice about it.

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]Cheers Morty and Mr Beau ... obviously you''re right, but was just curious how others would view this.[/quote]When your lad is earning 50k a week in years to come you can look back and laugh at the free coaching you got from them![:D]

Just avoid all publicity and the camera at all costs. Just imagine in the future, after you win Euro Millions and become our majority shareholder, how embarrassed you will be when people produce the evidence that Big Dunc once supported the binners [:O]

Good luck to the boy[Y]

He has to go Big Dunc, and this is one of the only times that you must put your fellings for those down the road to one side. Who knows if he makes it to full professional status his love and desire for City may mean he comes back to FCR as a player , then it would all be worth while !

Go for it and support him all the way !!!!

Under no circumstances must the lad go and if he does he should be dumped outside the local hospital with a NO LONGER WANTED sign round his neck.....

Don''t contaminate the lad, he may NEVER recover...

Thanks

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

Under no circumstances must the lad go and if he does he should be dumped outside the local hospital with a NO LONGER WANTED sign round his neck.....

Don''t contaminate the lad, he may NEVER recover...

Thanks

[/quote]Thank God for some common sense.SOME things are more important than your childrens'' future success and well-being… and THIS is one of those situations.You MUST let your heart rule your head. He WILL become infected. His arms WILL grow until his knuckles drag along the floor and he WILL develop a love of all things Burberry and talking like a gangsta innit dough! He WILL try to breed with close female family members.You HAVE been warned.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Write to Norwich and tell them that this lad has been asked to go to Ips*** and tell them he is Norwich mad. If one professional team has shown an interest then no other club would pass up the chance to at least look at the lad in case he has something. Odds still massively against him making it but the worst they could say is no thank you. Then he can still go down the road to oblivion!

[quote user="Horse Manure"]

PROBLEM SOLVED

Write to Norwich and tell them that this lad has been asked to go to Ips*** and tell them he is Norwich mad. If one professional team has shown an interest then no other club would pass up the chance to at least look at the lad in case he has something. Odds still massively against him making it but the worst they could say is no thank you. Then he can still go down the road to oblivion!

[/quote]

Exactly!

Thing is - what if the boy is good, and is offered a place in Ipshites academy, perhaps even with a chance of going through the ranks to the 1st team?  What then?  Disown him?  or make him buy you a retirement house in costa del Southwold?

My daughter plays for ITFC under 16 girls. I have to take her to Portaloo three times a week. She plays against NCFC as well as Arsenal, Orient Leicester and lots of other teams. It is great fun and your mate will enjoy it

PS if the lad needs to be watched and he lives near Bury let me know