Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Norwich receive invitation from city hall for civic reception

What do you think of this? Delia just announced this on her webchat.

Im well up for partying in the city again!

I''m up for it, anything to echo those wonderful scenes from 2004 should not be passed up on. Don''t think it will be quite the same as then and a open top bus parade might be a bit too much IMO, but a civic reception outside City Hall in front of thousands of yellow and green sounds like a plan. [Y]

Delia Smith: 

Hi Adam, I can confirm today that we have had an invitation from City Hall inviting the Club to a civic reception. Whether this happens or not will depend on the Manager, the team and the supporters. We will comply with whatever they want.

So it''s up to the Manager the players and the supporters, i''d like to see something to honour Paul his team and the players.

[quote user="Scooby"]Does it give any indication as to when this might happen?[/quote]

I think, reading between the lines, sometime between now and the start of next season.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Scooby"]Does it give any indication as to when this might happen?[/quote]

I think, reading between the lines, sometime between now and the start of next season.

[/quote][:D]

They did this when we lost the play-off final - not an open-top bus but the team and manager appearing on the balcony of City Hall. I thinik that''s appropriate, not OTT and I''d definitely be there.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I imagine the Monday after the last game...[/quote]

A tad dodgy to say Pete as some people will take your thoughts as fact.My understanding is that the Club and City Hall are merely in talks and a window of opportunity to do something is being explored.The logistics of stewarding/policing and the advance notice of street closures should that be necessary require advance notice.Street closures have to be published in the press giving X number of days warning as required by law.My City Hall "snitch" says no date has been firmed up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I imagine the Monday after the last game...[/quote]

A tad dodgy to say Pete as some people will take your thoughts as fact.My understanding is that the Club and City Hall are merely in talks and a window of opportunity to do something is being explored.The logistics of stewarding/policing and the advance notice of street closures should that be necessary require advance notice.Street closures have to be published in the press giving X number of days warning as required by law.My City Hall "snitch" says no date has been firmed up.

[/quote]

Sorry about the double advance notice sentence,it should be...... require that City Hall have to technically apply to themselves to do it.

Maybe We should skip the open top bus this time and just get the players and trophy on the balcony at City Hall,we should celebrate for god sake,we have had one hell of a season!! What ever the City does i will be there and i hope all the moaners stay well away.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Unless you get a bunch of protesters to chain themselves across the road, then the police turn up and cordon the road off and get you blankets etc. Like outside the Bacton gas terminal on Monday

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Sounds like fun - nice to be able to show our appreciation and get p****d [:)] [/quote]

Or just get p****d [:)]

[/quote]

Yes I like Way''s Idea better.