Sign in to follow this  
cheds right foot

THE TALENTLESS DRURY ???????????????????

Listening to the radio norfolk phone in yesterday, one person phoned in and slated drury to the hilt, he said he was the worst left back the club had ever had and his distribution was awfull, so please proper NCFC supporters leave your message hear to humiliate the bumbling old fool.

Radio Norfolk, you say?

It is my firm belief that there are only two types of people.

1) People who listen to Radio Norfolk.

2) Sane people.

As long as the people who listen to Radio Norfolk are making cranky phone calls to ex-Norwich City wingers, the rest of us are free to roam the streets in comparative safety.

I found myself driving behind a car on Grapes Hill the other day. Halfway up the hill, the car suddenly stopped dead, straddling both lanes. There was no traffic in front of it, no jam at all. The car''s windscreen wipers then went on. Then they went off, and the left hand indicator started. Then that went off, and the windscreen wipers started again. Then the right hand indicator started flashing, the windscreen wipers went off and the fog light came on. I glanced across at the bus driver who was stuck in the right hand lane watching this performance with some bemusement. He shook his head, and pointed towards a sticker in the rear window of this car.

"I''m not daft, I listen to Roy Waller"  it said.  

Yes, I heard this elderly buffoon on ''Canary Call'' what a t**t! He said that it was "sinister" that players who had played in midfield "in front of" Drury (e.g. Clint Easton) had all been forced to leave the Club, as if Drury had some supernatural hold over Worthy! Seeings as Drury has to defend for both himself and the Huckster, he''s done really well this season. What really got up my nose was that he tried to advise Neil Adams, who has played Premiership football, about the game!   

great theory but some of the exciled fans have little choice than to listen to radio norfolk, if you can give me some other commentry I can pick up from the USA I gladly take it?

Easton, ''Higginbottom'', countless other wasters.. according to ''Ray''. they were all better players than Drury. ''The worst left back in the clubs history'', he wailed, ''well the worst since Alan Black anyway'', hysterical... great listening... silly old prat.

that''s a bit harsh on Heckingbottom. he seemed to have fewer games than Helveg.you forgot Bowen, Downs, Walford, Van Wyk and Sullivan.personally drury is the best left back I''ve seen for ncfc except Bowen.can''t remember Black too well. i was only 8 when I first saw him in 1972.looking at pictures of him now he looks like a bit on the heavy side.

The radio phone in on radio Norfolk is just one big embarrassment! The people who phone up do not have an understanding about modern football but go on about comparing it to the good old days of when we were in the old division three south – happy days hey!!! I do feel sorry for Adams’s who has to deal with these idiots who give Norfolk its backward reputation.  How can people have a go about Drury is beyond me, defensively the guy is sound but what I would say he needs to improve his attacking play.

[quote]that''s a bit harsh on Heckingbottom. he seemed to have fewer games than Helveg.you forgot Bowen, Downs, Walford, Van Wyk and Sullivan.personally drury is the best left back I''ve seen for ncfc except B...[/quote]

Sorry to deviate from the thread a bit but your mention of Alan Black brought back a vivid memory to me.

I used to have a seat behind the opponents dug-out in those days, (still see myself on the old black ''n white replays), and behind there in the main stand was a little tea bar that also sold spirits.

Well it was my turn to nip out and get the tea for me and my mate, just before half time blew, unfortunately it was also an opportune moment for the injury-listed players to pop down there for a crafty "nip" whilst Ron Saunders was doing the half time tea talk.

Well Alan Black, who was built like the proverbial brick whatsit, was there limping along on his broken foot, I didn''t see him as I backed away holding two cups of hot coffee and trod on the aforementioned damaged foot. He let out a sharp growl, spilled half his whiskey and gave me glare that froze the blood in my veins.

I didn''t use that tea bar again until Blackie resumed playing some weeks later.

Living in exile I also depend on Radio Norfolk (didn''t hear it on Saturday as Canary World cocked up) and there always seems to be some old fool phoning in with the most ridiculous gripes. Certainly the voice often sounds the same - maybe its a stooge they use to whip up a bit of a response. Last time I heard the old duffer he was whinging on about how Huckerby was not good enough. Fairly stupid, but not as bad as banging on about the "sinister" elimination of left wingers