Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Extra Gillingham tickets on sale

Oh boy, this puts me in a real dillema. Since I couldn''t get tickets, I was going to go up to Sheffield for a pals 21st, but now with the chance of getting these tickets by going bright and early to the club shop, do I abandon those plans and hopefully see us crowned champions?What to do!

''Tis not that simple though, as I was designated driver for the weekend! I''m half tempted to not drive them up there, but go to the game then head up to Sheffield later on and meet them there. By the time I get there it''ll be about 8/9ish, thus the night won''t really have kicked off or anything by that point.Either that, or I''ll feel pretty stupid if we lose and Leeds win, thus we don''t win the title :P

[quote user="Superflash"]''Tis not that simple though, as I was designated driver for the weekend! I''m half tempted to not drive them up there, but go to the game then head up to Sheffield later on and meet them there. By the time I get there it''ll be about 8/9ish, thus the night won''t really have kicked off or anything by that point.

Either that, or I''ll feel pretty stupid if we lose and Leeds win, thus we don''t win the title :P
[/quote]

Go to the box office, buy extra tickets and take them with you

Hmmmm decisions, decisions. I think I am going to for this, maybe that Icelandic Volcano has done me favour (obviously was meant to be flying to New York last Sunday).

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Superflash"]''Tis not that simple though, as I was designated driver for the weekend! I''m half tempted to not drive them up there, but go to the game then head up to Sheffield later on and meet them there. By the time I get there it''ll be about 8/9ish, thus the night won''t really have kicked off or anything by that point.Either that, or I''ll feel pretty stupid if we lose and Leeds win, thus we don''t win the title :P[/quote]

[/quote]They all detest football :/

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Superflash"]''Tis not that simple though, as I was designated driver for the weekend! I''m half tempted to not drive them up there, but go to the game then head up to Sheffield later on and meet them there. By the time I get there it''ll be about 8/9ish, thus the night won''t really have kicked off or anything by that point.

Either that, or I''ll feel pretty stupid if we lose and Leeds win, thus we don''t win the title :P
[/quote]

[/quote]

They all detest football :/
[/quote]

bunch of   gaylords [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Superflash"]''Tis not that simple though, as I was designated driver for the weekend! I''m half tempted to not drive them up there, but go to the game then head up to Sheffield later on and meet them there. By the time I get there it''ll be about 8/9ish, thus the night won''t really have kicked off or anything by that point.Either that, or I''ll feel pretty stupid if we lose and Leeds win, thus we don''t win the title :P[/quote]

[/quote]They all detest football :/ [/quote]

[/quote]Haha. [:D]

I remember playing Gillingham at home a few years ago, and i do mean only a few, and they sold out thier entire allocation and even had some fans in home sections, as i remember several getting kicked out....Alex Notman had just signed. Would have thought they would bring a big following again considering they need to win to stay up situation???

Gillingham also kept singing Millwalls "No-one likes us", think its something to do with the fact that Millwall actually advertise for support in places like Gillingham and they see them as rivals....im sure millwall just see them as ants.

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]They all detest football :/ [/quote]

[/quote]Exactly! As luck would have it though, they have graciously allowed me to now attend the game if I can get a ticket as long as I get the first round in when we arrive in Sheffield. At the risk of sounding a bit soppy, that''s some seriously good friendship right there. Still, getting from the ground, to my house, down to King''s Lynn to pick up the rest of the gang and then driving up to Sheffield and finding the travel lodge will make for an incredibly tireing post-game session. So hopefully we do actually wrap the title up and I''ll be too excited to care about tiredness.This is assuming I don''t get beaten to the punch in the race for the tickets. Canary Store, bright and early, here I come!

Well Superflash, I''ll definitely be on the streets of Sheffield Saturday night celebrating the title win ''cos I can''t get to Norwich that day - enjoy it when you get here.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Well Superflash, I''ll definitely be on the streets of Sheffield Saturday night celebrating the title win ''cos I can''t get to Norwich that day - enjoy it when you get here.[/quote]Thanks, it''ll be my first time in that neck of the woods. Any good recommendations for a night out?Bit the bullet and got two tickets this morning, so will be going to the game, hopefully celebrating the title victory, then bombing it up to Yorkshire for some celebratory beverages (even if the others don''t like football, I shall be singing Norwich''s praises during the entire car journey). Do you think if I ask Radio Norfolk nicely, they''ll extend canary call for a few more hours so I''ve got something to listen to on the radio for the drive up there?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I have 2 tickets to return but can''t get to the ground to return the bad boys! [:(]
[/quote]

Just post them 1st class and they will get them am and sell them before the game.