Sign in to follow this  
Stocky

PITCH INVASION!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I am obviously missing something here.

Why would you want to invade the pitch?

[/quote]

Dunno I personally can''t understand it, but each to their own

I wouldn''t say not pitch invasion types, although I can understand why they do it on the spur of the moment.

I for one will not spoil everyone elses fun and celebrations with the players just for running on the pitch.  The club has said if a pitch invasion does happen the players will not come back out.

Those that choose to invade the pitch will not be favourites with the rest of the fans celebrating.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]"supporters should remember encroachment on to the pitch is not permitted at any time. The squad and the management team will not come out again after the game if any unauthorised people are on the pitch or the perimeter track."Come on. How many idiots do you think will get "overexcited" and ruin it for the rest of us? [:P][/quote]

Not me. Those fences look WAY too high for someone of my height.

Still, I could bring some crampons.....

[/quote]Yes, definitely could bring some cramp on if you catch your undercarriage on the fence as you try to heave your leg over....... 

[quote user="KC_Canary"]

I''ll hold my hands up and admit I have invaded the pitch after previous promotions (70''s and 80''s) but things were different then. For a sart there were no upper tiers of stands so no-one was actually excluded, also it was nearly impossible for the plod to identify individuals from large terrace areas.

Has already been stated the players and staff will come back out after the game so we can all enjoy the occasion together. A pitch invasion wouls stop this happening and imo would be selfish as well as stupid.

[/quote]For a start you were 20 or 30 years younger .....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="KC_Canary"]

I''ll hold my hands up and admit I have invaded the pitch after previous promotions (70''s and 80''s) but things were different then. For a sart there were no upper tiers of stands so no-one was actually excluded, also it was nearly impossible for the plod to identify individuals from large terrace areas.

Has already been stated the players and staff will come back out after the game so we can all enjoy the occasion together. A pitch invasion wouls stop this happening and imo would be selfish as well as stupid.

[/quote]

For a start you were 20 or 30 years younger .....
[/quote]

Very true; but it was not just youngsters on the pitch  in them days.

I have done it once before when I was at Uni in Lincoln, when they got in to the play offs after the last game of the season we all went on and then the manager at the time (Keith Alexander - R.I.P!) got a microphone and made a really good speach.

If people start going on tomorrow I am going to join in, but I wont be instigating it.

Says a lot about the society we live in, unbridled joy at promotion/clinching the title and it is frowned upon to run onto the pitch, presumably health and safety forbids it!! A great example of this sort of "nanny state" mentatlity was the opening of the bridge in Workington, part of the "celebrations" was a troupe of dancers dancing across the new structure, each wearing a high vis tabard!!

Totally agree SOB!

Everyother team does it but no...not us! The players will do a lap of honour with the trophy after Carlisle.

After all we''ve been thru I think the fans should be allowed to go on the pitch, Crewe allowed us!

I am fortunate to have played on the hallow turf but some may never get the chance to grace it!