Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

How Old Were You when You started supporting Norwich?

i was 3 at a pre season friendly against Colchester and then when the goal post fell on Keelan at Wolves soon afterwards

remember a couple of home games in the 74 / 5 promotion season - Cardiff - because I had Mumps and spilt my drink over the guy in front , and the Villa Last game in front of 36,000 - just remember the noise really of that one

In the 60''s, my Dad and me used to go in the South Stand, we used to stand near the half way line a few steps up from the front, I used  to stand on a box so I could see.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

i have to admit i was once a utd fan (Pups are citys future...norwich) will come and say im chelsea though [;)]

this was when i was only 6-8 and was a glory hunter like the rest. then at school we were offered cheap tickets to see norwich vs wolves(i think) and from then on aged 8 I was a norwich fan Getting a half season ticket that year and then a season ticket every year after. and the game after the wolves match I was in the programme as the players celebrated infront of me(that got me hooked too [;)])

Come on, admit it people. If you won a Chelsea shirt in a competion would you wear it? Would I *! Glory hunter [;)]

[/quote]

1975(?) league cup against Rochdale, we won 2-1, not telling my age though.

Got my 1st kit Xmas 95, started going to reserves games in 96. Was the mascot for the first senior game I went to, 2-0 win over Swindon Town 17/08/96, aged 8. Got a season ticket the following season and have ever since. Now 22.

Went to my first game when I was 5, so was a supporter from probably a bit younger than that - was at home v Newcastle on NYE 94/95, we won 2-1. We collapsed from then onwards, only won two more games all season and got relegated. Can''t remember much about it - the pictorial memory I have in my head would put me as sitting in the City Stand but I still have the ticket stub which is for the Barclay upper...

First game I can remember being taken to was against in Ipswich in about 1995 when I was 6. It was an absolute corker of a game. We went 2-0 up, Ipswich pulled one back when John Wark scored a penalty. The referee then gave another penalty to Ipswich and a massive argument went on for about 5 minutes. He eventually went over to the linesman and between they somehow they basically bottled it and came up with an offside decision and didnt give the penalty. The call was made right in front of the Town fans so they went mental and started chucking plastic bottles and maybe even the odd seat! After that I was absolutely hooked. Obviously I wasn''t born for the Milk Cup win but I think it would hard to imagine a sweet win against Town. The more controversial the better!

First game I saw was away at Newcastle United in 1973 - so I''d be 5 at that time. We lost. I think Malcolm Macdonald scored against us. Another early memory is being taken by my dad to meet John Bond and Kevin Keelan at City''s pre-season training when Bond had just taken over. Shook Keelan''s hand but was too shy to say anything!  My dad was a super fit runner - did 100 miles a week - at that time and I remember him training at Mousehole heath at the same time as Bond was putting the lads through their gruelling pre-season. Ted MacDougall tried to get my dad to take his place so he could slope off somewhere and get out of the training but John Bond caught him at it and gave him a rollocking!! LOL.