Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

How Old Were You when You started supporting Norwich?

i have to admit i was once a utd fan (Pups are citys future...norwich) will come and say im chelsea though [;)]

this was when i was only 6-8 and was a glory hunter like the rest. then at school we were offered cheap tickets to see norwich vs wolves(i think) and from then on aged 8 I was a norwich fan Getting a half season ticket that year and then a season ticket every year after. and the game after the wolves match I was in the programme as the players celebrated infront of me(that got me hooked too [;)])

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I was still a foetus! I sang OTBC in between sucking my tiny thumb.[/quote]Lol!

I was 7 at my first game.

I was only about 2 when i first went in the 81/82 season

But didnt start supporting until i was about 9

My first game was Man United home.. I can barely remember it I don''t even know what year it was. I just know that my mum took me over to meet Alex Ferguson and he was really rude thinking she was trying to chat him up.

my first game was 4th October 1975 Stoke I just turned 6 and loved every minute even though we lost 1-0 :( standing on the sleepers behind the goal at the river end :)

I was a late starter at 25 when I was posted to Norfolk (Not in a letter, I was in the RAF) and my then girlfriend took me to my first match. I didn''t really follow football all that closely before that.

[quote user="morty"]I was a late starter at 25 when I was posted to Norfolk (Not in a letter, I was in the RAF) and my then girlfriend took me to my first match. I didn''t really follow football all that closely before that.
[/quote]
WTF??? [;)] he has seeeeeen the light praise the lord HALLEUJAH

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]I was a late starter at 25 when I was posted to Norfolk (Not in a letter, I was in the RAF) and my then girlfriend took me to my first match. I didn''t really follow football all that closely before that.[/quote]WTF??? [;)] he has seeeeeen the light praise the lord HALLEUJAH[/quote]Hahaha!Rugby was my main sport before but as football grew in the early 90''s thanks to Sky Sports it became too big to ignore! And I obviously haven''t looked back since, been a season ticket holder for 8 or 9 years and no my two sons are also season ticket holders.I told them when they were young that if they had any plans on supporting Ipswich then they would have to go and find somewhere else to live.[:D]

1983 & I was 10, I''d been to Carrow road a good few times as I was a Liverpool supporter & my Uncle always took me when Liverpool were in town. This time however was different, I had given my mate a pair of football boots that were too small for me as I didnt want any money for them his Dad said he would take me to Norwich game that evening & the rest as they say is history, got a ticket for the next game & so on, been going ever since. Wouldnt give up supporting them for all the money in the world. I have four Daughters Two of which are staunch City fans, one is Liverpool but that fact she has Norwich season ticket think she is slowly turning. The other is the black sheep & supports the scum always has done she & her twin fight like hell over it but no shifting her I''m afraid!!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]I was a late starter at 25 when I was posted to Norfolk (Not in a letter, I was in the RAF) and my then girlfriend took me to my first match. I didn''t really follow football all that closely before that.
[/quote]
WTF??? [;)] he has seeeeeen the light praise the lord HALLEUJAH[/quote]

Hahaha!

Rugby was my main sport before but as football grew in the early 90''s thanks to Sky Sports it became too big to ignore! And I obviously haven''t looked back since, been a season ticket holder for 8 or 9 years and no my two sons are also season ticket holders.

I told them when they were young that if they had any plans on supporting Ipswich then they would have to go and find somewhere else to live.

[:D]
[/quote]lol...i have supported them ever since i can remember....my 1st game was a 3:3 draw with Man utd(Gary Bailey was in goal for Man poo) i was hooked...City were 3:0 down with about 10-15 minutes to go....it was bloody awesome

10 years old. Im 19 now. First game was against derby and crystal palace the week after. I sat in the old south stand. First kit was Digital Phone Company shirt

I was 8 when I went to my first game in 1970 against Sheffield United. I had been badgering my dad for months prior to that to take me to a game and he finally gave in! I was hooked from the start and have never looked back.

I must say congratulations to many of you.. not for the amount of time you''ve been supporting city but by how old it must make you and how you are still getting to games let alone functioning a computer. Kudos to modern medicine I guess.... you ol farts! [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I was still a foetus! I sang OTBC in between sucking my tiny thumb.[/quote]Lol!

I was 7 at my first game.

[/quote]

Blimey Wiz! Weren''t we still in the Southern League back then[:^)]

Mine was in 1967 against Sheffield Wednesday in the cup. I was 10. There were 42,000 in Carrow Road that day. I wonder if we will ever expand the ground enough to hold that many again.

I think I was about 6 or 7 when started going with my Daddy and Brother. [:)] Well it was a few years before the Jarrold stand, in the old South stand. Season ticket every year since, which big thanks have to go to my Father for. [Y] Got a picture of my as a baby in Norwich pyjamas. I was raised well. [:)]

1988 at home vs Southampton - I was 10..Sat in the south stand, finished 1-1 I think Flecky scored for city and one of the Wallace bros for Saints..and Andy Townsend swallowed his tongue..

My first game was on Boxing Day 1991, Man City vs Norwich at Maine Road and I was 7 yrs old. I remember getting the tickets for Christmas in an envelope with "DO NOT RIP,  love from Father Christmas " written on it.

Don''t remember much about the game, remember having to walk through Moss Side though!

Palace 1, Norwich 0 - December 1989, when I was 9. Ian Wright scored that day and truly broke my heart.....

Proud to say that I was Norwich first ever (home) Premier League mascot in August 1992 when we beat Chelsea 2-1. Met my hero Flecky that day, even though he had just joined Chelsea. Really bad suit I recall, though it was the early 90''s!