Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Away supporters party after Gillingham.

I recieved a letter Saturday from Norwich which was an Invite to an away supporters party with the players and coaches. Did anyone else recieve one ?

Only people who have been to so many away games each season get one of these. (can''t remember what the number is) I''ve been in previous years it''s quite a nice thing to do for regular away fans, usually get served pie and mash and all the players and staff who are available come in for some of the evening. 

This will be my first time attending. I have''nt done too bad this season. Only failed to miss Wycombe and Yeovil !

I hear they charge you £5 to attend this, would have thought it would be free to away season ticket holders after all the money they''ve spent going to all these games?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I hear they charge you £5 to attend this, would have thought it would be free to away season ticket holders after all the money they''ve spent going to all these games?

[/quote]

The £5 is deducted when you buy drinks from the bar. I assume the reason they ask for payment is to ensure the fans who say they are coming actually turn up. Otherwise they could end up doing a load of grub that gets wasted. I have been in previous years but am not going this time because I have to get back to call the bingo[;)] What I found interesting is that the invitation was from McNally this year. It''s usually from Delia but I expect the change was to stop people moaning about it[:O]

How many away games do you need, I went to about 17 last year and didn''t get an invite.

[quote user="Roy"]How many away games do you need, I went to about 17 last year and didn''t get an invite.[/quote]15 you pleb. How many this season chubby bear?

[quote user="adycanary"]I received a letter, you do have to pay £5 but you can redeem this against drinks at the bar,[/quote]

That good then [:D] wouldn''t like to think they''d charge away season ticket holders to go after hw loyal they''ve been this season.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote][img]http://pond.dnr.cornell.edu/nyfish/Cyprinidae/common_carp.jpg[/img]

Yes  - we recieved a letter, and are going. So if you see someone looking like me in my avatar (no.. not the one in the yellow suit...), come up and say hello. I''ll be with my starstruck eleven year old daughter, desparately trying not to behave like a starstruck Dad.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Roy"]How many away games do you need, I went to about 17 last year and didn''t get an invite.[/quote]15 you pleb. How many this season chubby bear?[/quote]Wanna bet, i''ve got the stubs sitting next to me.This season is only 8 you spotty little oik.

A couple of questions for this... the Top of the Terrace is in the Barclay isn''t it?  Never been there before so not 100% sure on this.  And is there any sort of dress code for this - is it some sort of posh/corporate area or is it just wear whatever the hell you like?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A couple of questions for this... the Top of the Terrace is in the Barclay isn''t it?  Never been there before so not 100% sure on this.  And is there any sort of dress code for this - is it some sort of posh/corporate area or is it just wear whatever the hell you like?
[/quote]

Wear something - that doesn''t look too ''cheep''.....

Acceptable Away Attire....

I''ve been to 16 this season, and didn''t get a letter, most of them though were bought in a block of 5, where my customer number wouldn''t have been used though.

[quote user="ncfc90"]I''ve been to 16 this season, and didn''t get a letter, most of them though were bought in a block of 5, where my customer number wouldn''t have been used though.
[/quote]

You''re unlucky then as I know someone who''s had an invite who''s only been to about 7 away games.

...must be a new thing. I was an away season ticket holder for 2 seasons and didnt get jack sh*t!? Along with the 250 miles to the home games and home season ticket it cost me bundles...and the 8 points and the barrister charge to get me off a ban too...And then there was the beers...& think i ate something at half time once too. I''m sure they didnt invite me as i would have probably shoved the letter right ***** if they''d have asked me for a 5''er on top!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]I''ve been to 16 this season, and didn''t get a letter, most of them though were bought in a block of 5, where my customer number wouldn''t have been used though.[/quote]

You''re unlucky then as I know someone who''s had an invite who''s only been to about 7 away games.

[/quote]Ahh right, the only ones my customer number would have been put down, would have been the ones you had to apply for so Charlton, Colchester and Brighton. Of course if there''s 5 of you buying tickets only 1 hands in the customer number. Thought you would have to go to more than 7 to get a invite though

I was invited, but unable to attend this season as need to get back to London.  Not sure how many away tickets I''ve bought personally, probably about 10.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A couple of questions for this... the Top of the Terrace is in the Barclay isn''t it?  Never been there before so not 100% sure on this.  And is there any sort of dress code for this - is it some sort of posh/corporate area or is it just wear whatever the hell you like?[/quote]If anyone can provide me with a sensible answer that would be appreciated [;)]

There is no dress code as far as I know, I went to the exiles party last year and everyone went as they were for the match.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A couple of questions for this... the Top of the Terrace is in the Barclay isn''t it?  Never been there before so not 100% sure on this.  And is there any sort of dress code for this - is it some sort of posh/corporate area or is it just wear whatever the hell you like?[/quote]If anyone can provide me with a sensible answer that would be appreciated [;)][/quote]I''ve been to a few of these although I didn''t get an invite this year.You won''t see too many '' Canary Fairy types '' in attendance although there''s always plenty of club shirts in evidence. So no, there''s no dress code as such so straight there after the match, via the pub, is fine.Fortunately I missed last years function - probably just as well bearing in mind how the season panned out - and understandably they''ve been decidedly low key for several years now. Probably the best one I went to was the 2002 Play-Off Final year ( A certain member of the Board - not Delia - was so p*ssed they could hardly stand up )Delia and MWJ are in attendance most of the evening and will happily pose for a snap or sign something. A good wheeze is to bring in one of Delia''s cookbooks - if you can be bothered lugging it around - although they''re always surrounded by chatting supporters so you''ll need to be bold if you want  a piccie for the album. The players are expected to put in a shift too although most of them disappear as soon as they can to escape the attentions of swarms of kids and people like me.Enjoy....