Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

If Palace Went Down....

Hypothetical at the moment but given their financial difficulties would you consider buying Alan Lee. Would be good back up/competition for Holty. I know his goal record isnt the best but would give us an extra option up front to Cody and Oli who are similar. He would''nt cost the earth from Palace you would think and still lives in East Anglia too so would be up for the move.

Yeah, I think he''d be a really good player to have in the squad. You know what you''ll get from him, he''ll work hard, put himself about and score a few goals. Plus he''s got lots of experience at that level.

Plenty worse players we could sign, that is for sure.

.......I would do a little dance around my living room, and then when my laughter had subsided enough, ring my Brother-in-Law and continue the laughter!  [:D]I despise CPFC and their sh1t-hole of a ground and would welcome their trip to League 1 with open arms!

Nothing personal against Palace but I wouldn''t be heartbroken if they wern''t in our League next season!

Yes I think Alan Lee would be a great adition to our squad for next season!

Hes done well for Palace this season and was hungry and competitive for us last season.

One of our weaknesses this season has been no like for like replacement for Holt. Alan Lee would near as dam give us a good targetman replacement for Holt although he wouldn''t have Holts mobility!

Absolutely NOT

Lambert has stated that he wants a young hungry squad not a a bunch of time served has beens.

Now here''s a suggestion. The players that join us will not be the usual suspects, They will not be targetted because they are out of contract, their club has hit hard times or their granny has a holiday cottage in Cromer.

They will be because the staff believe that the player is suitable for us. I doubt we will have heard of them, nor been linked to them either.

Their previous club should be of little indication, Hartlepool, Stockport, Peterboro don''t suggest the places to find players, Nor did our youth squad either.

Players with success ahead of them not behind them is the what''s needed.

What about Newcastle and Fraser?

I see where you are coming from but even with rumors flying round that we are going to spend big this summer I would not be surprised if Lambert brings in a couple of frees (we aren''t made of money) and looking at the other thread with out of contract players there are certainly a couple I would go for.

We also can''t go for a team full of youth, and some older players are certainly hungry for success, look at our team tomorrow and count how many of them have won a title before.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]lol i love how some fans are still keen on alan lee. move on we have better strikers already at the club[/quote]I dont really rate him wouldnt mind getting Charlie austin here though ! or Billy sharp !   

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

What about Newcastle and Fraser?

I see where you are coming from but even with rumors flying round that we are going to spend big this summer I would not be surprised if Lambert brings in a couple of frees (we aren''t made of money) and looking at the other thread with out of contract players there are certainly a couple I would go for.

We also can''t go for a team full of youth, and some older players are certainly hungry for success, look at our team tomorrow and count how many of them have won a title before.

[/quote]Well Lambert probaly has connections with Celtic & if Col who ever get a decent player then we can get them [;)]Mcnally links with fulham& if Andy carrol doesn''t play  next season in Premiership for Newcastle would''nt mind seeing him here ! did we have intrest in him before or not

I will make two pints about Alan Lee.

1) He never let anybody down in a City shirt. For whatever reason, he gave more than many contracted City players last year.

2) He would have torn League one defences apart. Holt will need competition for his place in the champ. Lee could fill that role.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

1) He never let anybody down in a City shirt. For whatever reason, he gave more than many contracted City players last year.

2) He would have torn League one defences apart. Holt will need competition for his place in the champ. Lee could fill that role.

[/quote]

Exactly that was what probably the most depressing thing about last season. The guy who seemed to care the most at Charlton was Lee even though he was on loan. Players like Sharp and Austin are stupid and unrealistic. We''re talking millions to get either of them to be honest. If you wanted to go down that road Billy Paynter is out of contract. I reckon a strike force of say Lee, Holt, Martin and Paynter would be excellent. Good variety to cope with injuries. Paynter''s wages might be an issue but incredible options you would have.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

Yes I''m inclined to agree, he said last season he wanted to stay with us,If Palace go down then I would go for him, but am I correct in saying he is out of contract in the summer anyway, (even better)  

Yes good player, weve struggled without a big man when Holt has been injured. you need old pros in that league

[quote user="can u sit down please"]No. I''d rather Darren Ambrose or Nathaniel Clyne (spl?) but doubt we could afford either![/quote]

Alan Lee would be an absolute joke of a signing in my opinion.

At least if we are going to raid Palace for a player then let''s go for somebody like Ambrose who would improve our starting 11, as Can U Sit Down Please suggests... [Y]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

Exactly that was what probably the most depressing thing about last season. The guy who seemed to care the most at Charlton was Lee even though he was on loan. Players like Sharp and Austin are stupid and unrealistic. We''re talking millions to get either of them to be honest. If you wanted to go down that road Billy Paynter is out of contract. I reckon a strike force of say Lee, Holt, Martin and Paynter would be excellent. Good variety to cope with injuries. Paynter''s wages might be an issue but incredible options you would have.

[/quote]

If this is true and Paynter is stalling on signing a new contract at Swindon, then I would certainly be very interested if money was an issue in signing any other striker (and I would certainly have him way up in the pecking order over a has been like Alan Lee).... [Y]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]lol i love how some fans are still keen on alan lee. move on we have better strikers already at the club[/quote]

Absolutely mate... as far as I can see he offers nothing to what we have here already.

My guess would be that we may add on striker over the summer.  You would hope that the striker we sign would be at least pushing for a first team start every week and in my opinion Holt is streets ahead of Alan Lee so that would make Lee a pretty pricey bench warmer at best.

I''d sooner take Ambrose to be honest, but if we can get Lee on the cheap and with a cheap pay packet I don''t see what harm it would do. I would only ever use him as cover though really, similar to Iwan Roberts in his last season here.

As this season have proved, we do need cover for Holt with a similar type of player. Lee is similar to Holt although not as good. They are both pretty high risk when it comes to picking up cards and at times both can be a bit arms & elbows so maybe they could take it in turns to cover for each others suspensions.