Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Stay behind but DONT go on the pitch!

CITY can confirm the Canary players hope to come back out on to the pitch to show their appreciation of the Yellow Army at the end of Saturday''s match against Gillingham at Carrow Road, if results go their way and the League One title is secured.The Club hopes fans will stay behind after the game to celebrate if City win the title with the players. However, supporters should remember encroachment on to the pitch is not permitted at any time. The squad and the management team will not come out again after the game if any unauthorised people are on the pitch or the perimeter track.

[quote user="city till i die"]WHY - WHATS WRONG WITH GOING ON THE GRASS[/quote]

nothing and if the old bill catch you you''ll probably escape with a warning so long as it''s for personal use

[quote user="city till i die"]WHY - WHATS WRONG WITH GOING ON THE GRASS[/quote]

Just read the last sentence of what it says on the Club website.Are you really being serious or have i missed an attempt at humour?

[quote user="city till i die"]WHY THO,

other clubs do it, what harm is there.[/quote]I imagine they would say it''s for safety reasons. Yes, other clubs do it, but they''re probably not technically allowed to and these tend to be the clubs with smaller crowds.

[quote user="city till i die"]well i think its stupid.

and a little boring in fact!![/quote]I kind of feel like that about pitch invasions! [;)]

[quote user="city till i die"]WHY THO, other clubs do it, what harm is there.[/quote]

As i said just read what the Club have stated in the last sentence.Nobody is suggesting there is harm but it quite clearly states.....fans on the pitch= no lap of honour!!!

What part of that are you struggling to understand or are you just out to spoil it for most people?

i understand, but we will see the lap of honour when the trophy is handed out at the next game.

Who cares about a bloody lap off honour, we see them walk around the pitch every season weather we go up or down. I think fans should be aloud seems we stick bye them threw everything.

Go to the open day then you can go on the pitch all you like, meanwhile Saturday keep off and the rest of us can enjoy the celebrations.

I personally don''t see the point of going on the pitch anyway. You go on, the players disappear, then you get told to go off again.Point being?

[quote user="Queen B"]I personally don''t see the point of going on the pitch anyway. You go on, the players disappear, then you get told to go off again.Point being?[/quote]1. Probaly becausethey can get there face on TV2. The kids want a players shirt3. Some want to stand on the grass4. Some people try & make it down the tunnel5. It is something to look back on

Why would they take the players off? Would our own fans try to hurt them?

[quote user="city till i die"]and how would it spoil anything?? fans showing a bit of emotion towards there team,[/quote]

You really are thick aren''t you?

"city till i die"

Who cares about a bloody lap off honour, we see them walk around the pitch every season weather we go up or down. I think fans should be aloud seems we stick bye them threw everything.

You, silly boy, are a total dumb-nut.

I think what they-re saying is that we can enjoy the celebrations and the players can thank our support but if we decide to go on the pitch that will be the end of it and nothing will happen except a few people can stand on the grass until the stewards walk them off.

Frankly I find the idea of a pre-planned pitch invasion completely ridiculous. When they happen spontaneously, there''s always a tide of relief or good humor behind them. They are chaotic scenes which involve a sort of instinctive communal uprising and good natured headiness. If everyone plans to do it 4 days before the event it''s daft. Plus I completely understand why the management would say ''we know you''d like to, but we can''t endorse the players staying out in the melee, so stay in the stands and we''ll get out and celebrate with you''. So those on here who appear to be 10 years old and are apparently having a little cry about not being allowed to do it - dry your eyes and have a good day on Saturday.

Is this in place of, or in addition to, the traditonal lap of honour after the final home game of the season....

[quote user="toftwood"]"city till i die"

You, silly boy, are a total dumb-nut.[/quote]I''m failing to see how he is a Silly boy and a total dumb nut?

[quote user="city till i die"]WELL CLEARLY I AM!! God forbid anyone having a bit off fun.[/quote]

Is your life really so empty that going on the pitch constitutes unmissable fun?

Never has the phrase "Get a life" seemed so appropriate

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="toftwood"]"city till i die" Who cares about a bloody lap off honour, we see them walk around the pitch every season weather we go up or down. I think fans should be aloud seems we stick bye them threw everything. You, silly boy, are a total dumb-nut.[/quote]

I''m failing to see how he is a Silly boy and a total dumb nut?
[/quote]

Then perhaps you also should try getting a life

look name calling aint getting you anywhere.

you guys need to lighten up a bit, try getting out and having a bit of fun once in a while,i mean standing there clapping just is not for me.Sorry

especially when the players will be doing it at the last game off the season.

Let''s face it, the pitch invasion won''t happen

BUT

what''s wrong with pitch invasion this week, lap of honour in a couple of weeks... everyone''s happy (apart from the club if someone slips over and calls claims direct)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets just get on the bloody pitch, i think were the only club that doesnt do ths sort of thing! Screw what the club says, get on the pitch and enjoy it[/quote]A lot of kids will be looking forward to this all week and you want to ruin it for them. Why?