Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Jamie Cureton....Again!!!!!

Exiled Canaries striker Jamie Cureton says he is disappointed at missing out on the club''s promotion.

The 34-year-old, who admits his time at Carrow Road will end when his contract expires in the summer, is on loan at League Two Shrewsbury, having fallen out of favour under Paul Lambert.

"When something has been achieved and you were not part of the team, it leaves you disappointed," Cureton said in an interview with BBC Radio Norfolk.

"The lads have done well and I''m pleased for them. I still keep in contact with everyone at Norwich and I''m just pleased they''ve managed to achieve promotion."

Lambert tried to sign Cureton for Colchester last summer and the striker was encouraged when the Scot took charge of City last August.

"When he came in he put me straight in the team and I felt like I had a chance, but obviously it hasn''t turned out that way," he said.

"You''re in people''s plans sometimes and not at others - you have to get on with things. I''ll move on and so will Norwich.

"You have to make big decisions and that''s what makes good managers. On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more.

"I still keep in contact with everyone at Norwich and I''m just pleased they''ve managed to achieve promotion. Being part of the promotion would have been great, even if it wasn''t starting all the time, just being part of the side would have been great, but it wasn''t to be.

"Now I''ll have to sit down and see what''s about, weigh up my options and go somewhere I''m going to enjoy my football and be happy."

Love this quote, "On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more."

Really Jamie??? Ive been watching Shrewsbury on the football league show and a game on sky, and he has missed absoloute sitters....even 1 with more or less an empty net.

Comes across starting off nice but then has to have a little dig.

Good riddence, used to like him as a person if not a player but hes taking the piss.

Would any of you put him ahead of Oli, Martin, Holt......no chance.......so sad to see a former Norwich hero {just for the green hair at Ipswich} so bitter.

His form for Shrewsbury is amazing.........

10 starts, 2 subs app, NO GOALS!!!!!

Wow!!! we lost something special there with you Jamie?????????????

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Exiled Canaries striker Jamie Cureton says he is disappointed at missing out on the club''s promotion.

The 34-year-old, who admits his time at Carrow Road will end when his contract expires in the summer, is on loan at League Two Shrewsbury, having fallen out of favour under Paul Lambert.

"When something has been achieved and you were not part of the team, it leaves you disappointed," Cureton said in an interview with BBC Radio Norfolk.

"The lads have done well and I''m pleased for them. I still keep in contact with everyone at Norwich and I''m just pleased they''ve managed to achieve promotion."

Lambert tried to sign Cureton for Colchester last summer and the striker was encouraged when the Scot took charge of City last August.

"When he came in he put me straight in the team and I felt like I had a chance, but obviously it hasn''t turned out that way," he said.

"You''re in people''s plans sometimes and not at others - you have to get on with things. I''ll move on and so will Norwich.

"You have to make big decisions and that''s what makes good managers. On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more.

"I still keep in contact with everyone at Norwich and I''m just pleased they''ve managed to achieve promotion. Being part of the promotion would have been great, even if it wasn''t starting all the time, just being part of the side would have been great, but it wasn''t to be.

"Now I''ll have to sit down and see what''s about, weigh up my options and go somewhere I''m going to enjoy my football and be happy."

Love this quote, "On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more."

Really Jamie??? Ive been watching Shrewsbury on the football league show and a game on sky, and he has missed absoloute sitters....even 1 with more or less an empty net.

Comes across starting off nice but then has to have a little dig.

Good riddence, used to like him as a person if not a player but hes taking the piss.

Would any of you put him ahead of Oli, Martin, Holt......no chance.......so sad to see a former Norwich hero {just for the green hair at Ipswich} so bitter.

His form for Shrewsbury is amazing.........

10 starts, 2 subs app, NO GOALS!!!!!

Wow!!! we lost something special there with you Jamie?????????????[/quote]Doesn''t seem bitter to me, seems rather honest & fair to me, he''s hardly not doing to believe in his own ability is he?

"On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more."

That sounds bitter to me mate. Like i said 10 starts for shrewsbury 2 subs no goals....dont think he had anything to offer.......

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more." That sounds bitter to me mate. Like i said 10 starts for shrewsbury 2 subs no goals....dont think he had anything to offer.......[/quote]

Err? Why the need to start this thread Arthur, why the need to p*ss on someone when they''re down, I don''t get it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more."

That sounds bitter to me mate. Like i said 10 starts for shrewsbury 2 subs no goals....dont think he had anything to offer.......[/quote]So you expect him not to believe in himself?

All very sad to me. He clearly has affection for the club but the sad reality is he is finished. If there was any doubt about that then his time at Shrewsbury in league 2 has proved the point

The shocking words "Roeder was right" spring to mind.  Cam used to quote Roeder saying that Jamie''s legs had gone and that was why he sent him out to Barnsley.

On the basis perhaps that my enemy''s enemy is my friend, we welcomed Jamie back after Roeder''s sacking but truth be told, struggling in a struggling team his powers were waning and it was not to be.

I can understand though his frustrations.  Twice this season he came on as a sub and scored good goals.   He might have done more had he been sent on but Oli seems a better prospect and with his close dribbling offers something very different.   I am fine with Lambert''s choices but I can understand that Jamie feels that it was unfair.

I do agree with Wiz that I am surprised and frankly appalled at the willingness of posters here to have a go at Jamie whenever a chance presents.  I cannot see that he deserves that.   Why not let him leave with dignity and with thanks for what he did and what he tried to do?

Err? Why the need to start this thread Arthur, why the need to p*ss on someone when they''re down, I don''t get it.

Its a NCFC related story....someone was going to do it....really dont get your obsession with Jamie C.

I''m not entirely sure it was worth reporting. It''s a shame how it ended but quite frankly it has ended and that''s that. Sorry Jamie lad, you''ll have to buy your own beers.

he had enough chances this season and when he started he was crap!!! should never have come back in my opinion!!

Lambert tried to sign Cureton for Colchester last season?

Wow! I had hitherto thought PL as perfect in managerial terms.

I think I need a lie down.

Somebody tell me this is just not true.

Shame he didn''t bring Cureton into Colchester, then leave them...

Now that would have been a perfect scenario!

As for Cureton, he''s embarassing himself. Was useless here, perhaps even worse in League Two incredibly. No goals in 12 games in what was (before he went) a top 3 side is disgraceful.

Oh Jamie Jamie - F**k off now mate. Unfortunately you''re now a poor player bleeding us dry. I say poor obviously in terms of his ability, not in terms of his bank account which I suspect is scary for a very average footballer. JC is proof that their is too much money in the game.

Also In reply to this comment first wizard, I would like to point out you didnt mind kicking Delia and Gunn when they were down....not saying I didnt either....but why should Cureton who done sod all except pick up a lot in wages be exempt???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Err? Why the need to start this thread Arthur, why the need to p*ss on someone when they''re down, I don''t get it. Also In reply to this comment first wizard, I would like to point out you didnt mind kicking Delia and Gunn when they were down....not saying I didnt either....but why should Cureton who done sod all except pick up a lot in wages be exempt???[/quote]Delia and Chief Leech Gunn totally deserved everything they got, and Jamie''s wonderful goals for us over the years doesn''t.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Delia and Chief Leech Gunn totally deserved everything they got, and Jamie''s wonderful goals for us over the years doesn''t.[/quote]Despite your numerous responses over the years Wiz, this one has managed to royally piss me off more than most.Gunn was a far better servant to this club than Cureton ever was, has and ever will be, and the treatment he got from some fans is beyond disgraceful.Similarly Delia came in at a bad time and has financially supported this club to the hilt with her own finances, of course she''s made mistakes (some shockers), but she''s still again helped us more than Cureton ever will.If you think scoring a goal once every 5 games for this club is the pinnacle of player acheivment and deserves credit, then you really need to look at your assessment standards.FFS, he scored 4 goals in 30 games in the 08/09 season, how can you defend that???

Not saying neither have done this club a number of favours in the past, but personally i hold both Cureton and Gunn soley responsible for a catelogue of errors that contributed heavily to our eventual decline to the third tier of English football.In retrospect i may later re-consider my judgement, but at this moment in time my gratitude to both Gunn and Cureton has waned somewhat, and i only wish both had never bothered returning and left the first part of their respective City careers at just that.

Why exactly shouldn''t Arthur have started this thread then wiz? Thats a bit rich when you consider some of the pointless attention seeking threads you start. Indy is spot on with his reply when he say''s Gunn is a bigger legend than Curo will ever be and as he say''s you didnt mind laying into him so really it was your reply that was pointless, as usual.

Cureton''s attitude is just sheer denial. What could he offer over Johnson and McDonald? Both of those 2 have played crucial roles and won us vital points this season. Cody has scored important goals against Walsall and Hartlepool. Who can forget Oli''s double salvo against Southend? Scoring like Cureton did against a tiring and demoralised Leyton Orient team who were 3-0 down does not count as a valuable contribution in my book.

He was just being interviewed in order for radio Norfolk to create some news, nothing more!

I''m sure that deep down he''ll know that he wasn''t up to scratch with us and wasn''t last season either!

His spell at Shrewsbury says it all!

Hes had a good career but hes on his way down, abeit getting paid a handsome sum to do so!

Gunn was crap but I don''t think he deserves all the insults, he loves our club, just a shame we don''t love him still...

as for Curo- he was down and out a long time ago, he should never have come back

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"On a personal level I still think I had something to offer and could have been used more."

That sounds bitter to me mate. Like i said 10 starts for shrewsbury 2 subs no goals....dont think he had anything to offer.......[/quote]So you expect him not to believe in himself?[/quote]Having been told week in week out for two years that he (JC) didn''t believe in himself ie. just needed to regain his confidence is it really surprising? [:|]

Delia and Chief Leech Gunn totally deserved everything they got, and Jamie''s wonderful goals for us over the years doesn''t.

Jamies wonderful goal??? There were so few I cant recall any wonderful ones. I remember the countless sitters though.

Chief leech Gunn? The same Gunn who was one of our top 3 keepers of all time?

Sorry wiz but Gunn, despite his short time in management, is a legend, Cureton is a leech.

10 games 2 supps no goals for Shrewsbury....top 6 side when he signed , now 10th...........yeah well done Jamie lad zzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] There were so few I cant recall any wonderful ones. I remember the countless sitters though. [/quote]No, it must be your mind playing on you with this mildly hot weather Arthur, they were all missed.

To his credit though, the more awkward the oppertunity looked the easier Cureton made it look (note his derby goal against Ipswich, or his first goal for Barnsley).