Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

Thoughts for the season

So we are champions. Or should that be Champions. At long last out of this league and on our way back to where we should be. No, we are not there yet and I would imagine it will take a good few years of hard work, commitment, luck and burying more foundations to make us stable, both on the financial side as well as extra recruits in yellow shirts before I can truly say we are back to the heights we reached in the early ''90s.

It was a pleasure to be at Carrow Road today. To stand proud in the back row of the Barclay and see all four stands awash with joy, pride and euphoria. Such a contrast from the past two, three or is it really four seasons when all emotions and consequences were negative and us supporters, today united in celebration, were divided.

The season when so much was expected, needed desperately to save ourselves started so badly. Who could have dreamt of such a turnaround? Who wrote the script must have ghosted several Hollywood blockbusters.

I felt nothing but desperation this time last year. What next I wondered, what else could go wrong. Not any of us could have forseen the first home game of the season. And now as we look back, some of us, and me for one, can only say, thank God it happened. It was the kick up the arse we needed. We needed more than the leveller that relegation gave us. We needed a reality check, and Colchester gave us that.

In came Paul Lambert (aka God) and there was no turning back. From a bunch of hopelessly motivated, badly coached and throughly demoralised players he’s bit by bit fashioned a team. A team who will fight, scrap and almost die for the cause, who are proud of the shirt and yes, all we called for during the previous few seasons.

Sure the competition wasn’t of the same standard of the Championship, and at the moment we cannot even contemplate greater things than that. But a start has been made and I cannot imagine a better man than Lambert to lead us there.

Over and over again we have seen a team fashion everything there is to witness in a long season, flowing attacking football, goal after goal after goal. We’ve had a few setbacks, but the comebacks have always arrived and we have learned from it. We have had cameo performances and some solo greatness. We have had numerous fightbacks from one or two goals down. A goal scored in every single away game. Is this really Norwich City? Yes, it’s League One, but I bet we will be a tougher propostion away from home next year because of it.

The team that now Lambert can rightly now call his own, for although he inherited some from the previous regime, as players, as a team they are unrecognisable.

Off the pitch the new Board members have everything their predecessors lacked. Oh we are a long way off a team capable of sustaining a Premiership status, but finally I feel we are on the way back.

I could vote easily for my player of the season, there are several worthy candidates for that prize but for me it was the changes in the coaching staff which gave us hope and finally won the prize.

Thank you Paul Lambert and your coaching staff. We have, at last, a team to be proud of and a team we know will be the foundations for a new Norwich City Football Club.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]So we are champions. Or should that be Champions. At long last out of this league and on our way back to where we should be. No, we are not there yet and I would imagine it will take a good few years of hard work, commitment, luck and burying more foundations to make us stable, both on the financial side as well as extra recruits in yellow shirts before I can truly say we are back to the heights we reached in the early ''90s. It was a pleasure to be at Carrow Road today. To stand proud in the back row of the Barclay and see all four stands awash with joy, pride and euphoria. Such a contrast from the past two, three or is it really four seasons when all emotions and consequences were negative and us supporters, today united in celebration, were divided. The season when so much was expected, needed desperately to save ourselves started so badly. Who could have dreamt of such a turnaround? Who wrote the script must have ghosted several Hollywood blockbusters. I felt nothing but desperation this time last year. What next I wondered, what else could go wrong. Not any of us could have forseen the first home game of the season. And now as we look back, some of us, and me for one, can only say, thank God it happened. It was the kick up the arse we needed. We needed more than the leveller that relegation gave us. We needed a reality check, and Colchester gave us that. In came Paul Lambert (aka God) and there was no turning back. From a bunch of hopelessly motivated, badly coached and throughly demoralised players he’s bit by bit fashioned a team. A team who will fight, scrap and almost die for the cause, who are proud of the shirt and yes, all we called for during the previous few seasons. Sure the competition wasn’t of the same standard of the Championship, and at the moment we cannot even contemplate greater things than that. But a start has been made and I cannot imagine a better man than Lambert to lead us there. Over and over again we have seen a team fashion everything there is to witness in a long season, flowing attacking football, goal after goal after goal. We’ve had a few setbacks, but the comebacks have always arrived and we have learned from it. We have had cameo performances and some solo greatness. We have had numerous fightbacks from one or two goals down. A goal scored in every single away game. Is this really Norwich City? Yes, it’s League One, but I bet we will be a tougher propostion away from home next year because of it. The team that now Lambert can rightly now call his own, for although he inherited some from the previous regime, as players, as a team they are unrecognisable. Off the pitch the new Board members have everything their predecessors lacked. Oh we are a long way off a team capable of sustaining a Premiership status, but finally I feel we are on the way back. I could vote easily for my player of the season, there are several worthy candidates for that prize but for me it was the changes in the coaching staff which gave us hope and finally won the prize. Thank you Paul Lambert and your coaching staff. We have, at last, a team to be proud of and a team we know will be the foundations for a new Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]

Fantastic post and well written and expressed as always[:D]