Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Suddenly those last 3 games look damn important!

• Southampton (away)
  • Birmingham (home)
  • Fulham (away)

I know that all of the mentioned could haul themselves out of a relegation battle but they are still games where we can pick up points.  4/6 points from those last 3, could keep us up.

I know my signature says otherwise but i think we can stay up with a lot less than 40 points.  At the moment (early days I know) up to 8 teams could go down.  Eight!!  Over a third of the league.  With so many teams in a battle, and several "6 pointers" resulting in just one each, I think we should look nearer the 33/35 mark.  We''ve already got 12 so we''re doing well!

I don''t think we''ll ever have a better chance of staying in this league.  Come on lads (and the board!), don''t blow it now

[quote]Southampton (away) Birmingham (home) Fulham (away) I know that all of the mentioned could haul themselves out of a relegation battle but they are still games where we can pick up points. 4/6 poin...[/quote]

DD: I know I have a talant for putting a dampner on people''s hopes, but I''m afraid this post is like so many of late.

If, but, maybe''s and blind faith.

They really get me down a bit, nothing is certain that far in advance, by then, some of the teams you mention may have recovered.

Blymus, I''m doing it now!. 

I agree that run in will decide whether we survive or not and that it will be a record low points tally to survive - but I dont see it going lower than 36.  

However DD, if we are doing well with 12 pts so far, isn''t everyone else in the league as we are sitting in 19th place

There are at least 8 teams in the running for relegation and one usually drops in quite late as a springer.  All we can dois make sure that at worst we stay in touch with the team in 17th (or hopefully far better) come that run in and we will then have a chance.

OTBC