Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The Ref Today,

Just think he deserves as well done, as he let the game flow when possible and always looked to play the advantage, then went back to book a player in necessary.

Yes he did what he had to do, and did it well. But to be fair, there was only one big decision he had to make all game - whether the first goal crossed the line - and he had to trust his lino''s judgement on that.

Perhaps it is a testament to the ref that there weren''t any big decisions to be made.

it was the right decision though as all of the gills players just accepted it, whereas if it hadn''t gone over the line then they would have gone to complain, so i think he got it right.

Yep I mentioned to my bro how I thought he had a great game. [Y] Holty went in a bit high a few times AGAIN though. [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Just think he deserves as well done, as he let the game flow when possible and always looked to play the advantage, then went back to book a player in necessary.

[/quote]Booked when necessary? I recall Nelson getting Booked for a good tackle..?

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]Yea apart from missing a blatant penalty he did well [:|]
[/quote]

Are we talking the handball, or did I miss it also?!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]
Booked when necessary? I recall Nelson getting Booked for a good tackle..?
[/quote]

nelson would have given away a penalty if the ref hadn''t already given us the free kick, and was rightfully booked!

Win - The ref today was greatDraw - The ref was okay, made a few mistakes but better than some we''ve seen this seasonLose - The ref was shocking, how this guy qualifies to be a referee I don''t know!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Win - The ref today was greatDraw - The ref was okay, made a few mistakes but better than some we''ve seen this seasonLose - The ref was shocking, how this guy qualifies to be a referee I don''t know!![/quote]Not really. I said he was having a good game before we scored.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Win - The ref today was great
Draw - The ref was okay, made a few mistakes but better than some we''ve seen this season
Lose - The ref was shocking, how this guy qualifies to be a referee I don''t know!!
[/quote]

he was one of the best refs this season, let the game flow!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Booked when necessary? I recall Nelson getting Booked for a good tackle..?[/quote]

nelson would have given away a penalty if the ref hadn''t already given us the free kick, and was rightfully booked!

[/quote]Erm? All I saw was a very good tackle from Nelson then he recieved a booking?

[quote user="Largey"]

Yes he did what he had to do, and did it well. But to be fair, there was only one big decision he had to make all game - whether the first goal crossed the line - and he had to trust his lino''s judgement on that.

Perhaps it is a testament to the ref that there weren''t any big decisions to be made.

[/quote]

I sit right in line with the goal-line and it was about a foot over the line. However, there was no way that the lino could have seen it because he was 15 yards away from the bye-line when the ball hit the deck from the bar!

Not that I''m complaining!!!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Erm? All I saw was a very good tackle from Nelson then he recieved a booking?
[/quote]

Where in the ground do you sit Lewie? as the incidents can look different from different areas. Thought Nelson deserved to get booked as he took the player out. But I sit next to Nana in the N&P so was a long way away.[D]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Booked when necessary? I recall Nelson getting Booked for a good tackle..?[/quote]

[/quote]Erm? All I saw was a very good tackle from Nelson then he recieved a booking?[/quote]

Where in the ground do you sit Lewie? as the incidents can look different from different areas. Thought Nelson deserved to get booked as he took the player out. But I sit next to Nana in the N&P so was a long way away.[D]

[/quote]Banana''s father? [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Erm? All I saw was a very good tackle from Nelson then he recieved a booking?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Banana''s father? [:D]
[/quote]

nope it was a pure fluke [;)]

yeah father and son. [;)]

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

I sit right in line with the goal-line and it was about a foot over the line. However, there was no way that the lino could have seen it because he was 15 yards away from the bye-line when the ball hit the deck from the bar!

Not that I''m complaining!!!

[/quote]

The lino flagged for a goal and the ref didn''t know - that''s why he used the lino''s decision. Hopefully he was right to do so, but the ref would have gad to have been clear in his mind that it wasn''t a goal, to over-rule the lino in that situation.