Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

Fraser Forster

Is my player of the season, he has made game changing saves in nearly every game and he did it again today.

POTS

1. Big Fraser

2. Holty

3. Wes

Young POTS: Korey and Martin

Most Improved POTS: Admiral Nelson

I won''t vote, and haven''t, for a loanee, no matter how superbly, match winning brilliant he''s been for us, Holt got my vote, just.

I said before that it wouldn''t be clear cut when it was said Holt will win hands down.  He may win, but it won''t be a run away walkover.Take Forster, if one decent save equals one goal there wouldn''t be much difference between him and Holt.

Hoolahan for Me, simply because without him we havent got the same spark..we''ve not been at our best without him recently; his class is showing in his abscence.

1) Hoolahan

2) Forster

3) Holt

[quote user="Huddy "]Hoolahan for Me, simply because without him we havent got the same spark..we''ve not been at our best without him recently; his class is showing in his abscence. 1) Hoolahan 2) Forster 3) Holt[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="The Dog"]Is my player of the season, he has made game changing saves in nearly every game and he did it again today. POTS 1. Big Fraser 2. Holty 3. Wes Young POTS: Korey and Martin Most Improved POTS: Admiral Nelson[/quote]

I have the same opinion. Big Frazer has been absolutely great!!!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[quote user="The Dog"]Is my player of the season, he has made game changing saves in nearly every game and he did it again today. POTS 1. Big Fraser 2. Holty 3. Wes Young POTS: Korey and Martin Most Improved POTS: Admiral Nelson[/quote]

I have the same opinion. Big Frazer has been absolutely great!!!

[/quote]

Thanks to Fraser we avoided being 0-2 down before Darel Russell''s goal; I bet he''s prevented more goals than Holt has bagged this season!

POTS is going to be close this year...

But, making saves is his job. Have to say his reaction today sugests he will not be here next season, which is fair enough, he has been class and owes us nothing. But I voted for Hooloahoop, he has been instrumental in our formation and has been key IMHO. You put another decent target man in Holt''s shoes and he would score goals at this level in this side. The whole side has been a credit to themselves and the club, but for me Hoolahan stands out. He is the best player in the division let alone our side.

Big Fraser has got my vote.

Several players are in with  a shout of winning this season, but for me the ''goals'' this guy has saved this season has done it. He has been outstanding.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Big Fraser has got my vote.

Several players are in with  a shout of winning this season, but for me the ''goals'' this guy has saved this season has done it. He has been outstanding.

[/quote]

He has my vote too.

last week at Charlton convinced me, as every shot at him had goal written all over it, we could have lost to another 7-1 trashing

Me too. Awesome last week and has made countless saves to win points for us at crucial times. The biggest compliment is that you actually EXPECT him to stop everything now.

Either Holt or Wes for me. I went with Wes on the basis that hes the creative spark in the team. Hes also the only player that opposing teams have altered their defensive gameplan for (IE - Man marking, or doubling up)Forsters a good shout, but would prefer not to give it to a loanee if at all possible. He would certainly be deserving though.Outsiders - Drury (Mr Consistency) - Smith (Solid season, stock rises if you take age into consideration) - Doc (Crucial goals and decent in defence)It says a lot about our play this season that Chris Martin, with all his goals and assists, barely comes into my thinking.

I suspect FF has a very good chance of making the Newcastle first team next season, maybe even from the start.

Birmingham went with Hart and, youung as he is, he may end up their POTS. Man City will be taking him back, like FF, Hart will be looking to get (back) into their first team.

Is FF as good a keeper as Steve Harper? Probably, and he''ll get better. He has been immense for us this season, but he owes us nothing and vice versa.

We have to go with Rudd. If we persist with the "he''s too young/inexperienced" line, then he''ll go elsewhere, and, like Lewis, people will be lamenting his departure.

Money will be tight, as always, and its better budgeted getting a seasoned, and experienced keeper in on a 1 year contract as back up for Rudd, much as we did for Crichton with Green, than spending a lot of money (and it would be) getting Forster here again for a year.

My choice is Holt-the goals, yes-but the captaincy and leadership, and the goals he has made as well. FF 2nd, Wes 3rd. Chris Martin, who has had a great season, won''t make the top 3 because there are too many who think he should be all over the pitch a''la Rooney, and don''t like him as a result.

They would have hated Ted MacDougall in that case!

I''m going with Korey, whilst there are several players that could easily win it he has been a revelation for me. And whilst I recognise how great Forster has been I won''t vote for a loan player (I hate it when I agree with Wiz though lol)