Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

next season..

to be honest our leader Mr Lambert has brought the best out in our players we have .

take nelson for example ,his first game against Colchester was nothing short of a nightmare ,even against Brighton at home he concerned me about his lack of ability against quick attackers .

but now i think this man could make it in the championship ,im now going to rock the boat but maybe gunny saw something in him we all doubted....

i think a few decent players in ,and i think if we hold on to key players ,i firmly believe we could be in for a good season back in the championship..... now to enjoy the world cup ...

[quote user="singing canary"]to be honest our leader Mr Lambert has brought the best out in our players we have .

take nelson for example ,his first game against Colchester was nothing short of a nightmare ,even against Brighton at home he concerned me about his lack of ability against quick attackers .

but now i think this man could make it in the championship ,im now going to rock the boat but maybe gunny saw something in him we all doubted....

i think a few decent players in ,and i think if we hold on to key players ,i firmly believe we could be in for a good season back in the championship..... now to enjoy the world cup ...[/quote]What Lambert has done is make us very unorganised and a strong unit, I think people underestimate how far this can take us next season in a competitive league, there is very little between the top fews and the bottom few so if we make ourselves hard to beat and grind out results we''ll be fine,Do you mean Brighton away, because Nelson was an unused sub in the home game.

sorry yes , i cant see why grant Holt and martin cant be a great partnership in the championship, i firmly believe martin is a great finisher and hope he stays with us ,as i feel this young man can take it right to the top ..he had potential before being loaned out ..one of the better choices Roeder made , ,i hope we hang onto him ..but money talks .

I have a feeling most of the players we have want to prove they can step it up a level ,im sure they can and i hope the board continue with the trend of building on a good squad we have .

[quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

Here Here!

Nelson will be first choice centre back next season, mark my words.

[/quote]I know he''s had a great second half of the season, but if Askou ever returns from injury and Whitbread picks up a bit of form from gametime, I honestly can''t see past those two as first choice CB pairing. Maybe Doc will leave this summer I don''t know, but he is out of contract. Nelson would be good backup, maybe paired with Askou if it turns out Whitbread is shit.

Regarding CBs Doc and Nelson have taken us through much of this season. I think the Lambert style is to stick with players who deliver until they do notthen someone else gets a go. The championship does look to be quite level next season. I think Burnley will be strong but Hull and Portsmouth are in a mess and far weaker than Newcastle and west Brom. In addition i think the sides that come up with us this season may struggle unless they invest, Leeds and Huddersfield are in the best position to do that. The Doncasters and Blackpools have shown the way as to how small clubs can do well provided they have a decent management team. We do need a bit more quality and we can do well but dont expect another promotion season, at least not yet

[quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

Here Here!

Nelson will be first choice centre back next season, mark my words.

[/quote]

Maybe to start of with but once we get going the team will be totally different to the one that has played most games this year.  Nelson and Doherty will get torn apart by any quick, tricky or half decent centre forward.  The only defender who is definately going to be in the team all season is Drury.