Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Why do we have that stupid 3-2-1 kick it off?

Can we loose this feature next season? Today the Barclay began singing and ended up being cut short because the anouncer wanted to do that stupid countdown thing. It must be better to allow the fans to sing when they feel fit and the music is just too load and drowns any atsmosphear out, I''d like there to be no music or only when the players first come out. The general atsmophear was just poor again today.

Urr mate.... we just won the fu(king league and you''re whinging??Jeez I bet you''re the kind of guy that wins the lottery and complains it''s not a rollover.

I don''t mind the OTBC before each game, its not uncommon or a club to sing its anthem before each home match, the most famous arguably being Barcelona. What I do agree with howver is the rather cringeworthy 3-2-1 countdown !!!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Urr mate.... we just won the fu(king league and you''re whinging??Jeez I bet you''re the kind of guy that wins the lottery and complains it''s not a rollover.

[/quote]Was that meant to be funny... it made me chuckle that.

God yes, when i did win the lottery last year i was so pee''d off cause the week before it was a tripple roll over. I never moan at football it just really annoyed me when we were pretty much forced to stop singing becuase they never did the 321 kick it off shyte

[quote user="smiley"]Can we loose this feature next season? Today the Barclay began singing and ended up being cut short because the anouncer wanted to do that stupid countdown thing. It must be better to allow the fans to sing when they feel fit and the music is just too load and drowns any atsmosphear out, I''d like there to be no music or only when the players first come out. The general atsmophear was just poor again today.
[/quote]

Anything else you want to whinge about, you miserable g*t?

"a club to sing its anthem "

sung, yes

bleated out like a donkey with hiccups, NO

Leeds sing marching on together before every game kicks off! even Millwall sing there "Come down to the Den" with music and a count down (sounds like a cockney kness up) so "Lets behavin you" and stop moaning, it after all is just a game of football!

A bit contrived but so what?  It works and it generates a good old noise.  The only bit I''d whinge about (and it''s the same every time we sing OTBC) is that everyone is in such a hurry to finish the song that we never complete the last line properly - whatever happened to "... a goal"?

Yes I agree, its sort of Steady on, Now''s your chance, Hurrah *mumble* CITY *clap clap clap* CITY *clap clap clap*

i agree getting rid of the music but i thinkits the only way to get the city stand and river end to make any noise they should turn it down a bit tho so if the other ends are singing it doesn''t drown them out

Everyone around me seems to love it!

We''ve just won the league, things are great and there''s nothing to play for with 2 games remaining.

Talk about scraping the barrel for something to complain about!

I agree with you all, it''s been at the club for a very long time ! However i think we should get used to a silent signal before a game so it gives the away fans a freight ! Anyone agree?