Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Russell

Out of contract in the summer. I expect him to sign another one but how good and consistent is he? Yesterday he had for me one of his better games of late. At league 1 level he has for the most part looked decent but he was poor the year before. I think we need more quality in midfield next season which could mean Russell and Smith fighting it out for one of the central midfield spots and Smith would get my vote

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Out of contract in the summer. I expect him to sign another one but how good and consistent is he? Yesterday he had for me one of his better games of late. At league 1 level he has for the most part looked decent but he was poor the year before. I think we need more quality in midfield next season which could mean Russell and Smith fighting it out for one of the central midfield spots and Smith would get my vote[/quote]

I think that Rusty does well as a midfield destroyer, but his passing isn''t great. Ideally we need a player who can do both in the Championship. I''m sure he''ll get a new contract but I agree that we need more quality in there.

interesting- IMO he has been brilliant all season, a cut above the rest of the midfield. All our players were poor the season before, so i''m not sure it''s fair to single rusty out- especially as he was playing up front for part of it.

I expect him to be offered a contract, whether or not he signs it or not is another matter. There won''t be a shortage of suitors i''m sure...

It''s always interesting how people''s opinions differ, I thought Rusty was poor yesterday and I think he''s looked poor when played in a 442 all season, as the base of the diamond however I think he''s been excellent. I think he just doesn''t have the range of passing to play in the 442 and runs in circles before being dispossessed!

Need another quality midfielder for the Championship.