Sign in to follow this  
Archie

hungarian striker

Don''t think I would welcome any new foreign players, we cant afford the time to bed them in.

Rather than a Hungarian foreign striker I''d prefer a hungry British one.

He sounds like he''s another potential Helveg - after all, if he''s whinging about being on the bench now, what''ll he do if he can''t get into our first team? We need people who are going to fight as hard as possible for their place, not naff off as soon as they''re dropped.

Of course he''s got a contract until 2007 with Hertha as well, so he won''t be a freebie....

''Norwich have recently lost Damien Francis to injury for three months and there is a major question mark over the future of Danish star Thomas Helveg.''

francis out for 3 months?! i don''t think so some how. 3 weeks would be more accurate. no need to worry now if he''s looking to move in the summer.

we need premiership players who have been there, done that and got the t shirt!

my mistake

in that case i think with mulryne, francis and now helveg challenging for midfield places we shouldn''t need him. i am quite sceptical of new players in january anyway, simply because they have to settle, and this is even more of a problem for a midfield player

And this Pal Dardai seems to have a penchant for yellow cards. In 12 appearances for club and country, he''s amassed a 3 yellows. Thats a ration of 1 card for every 4 games. Not too sure he''s really what we want/need and would almost require a hefty transfer fee as he''s tied to Hertha berlin till 2007. All in all I can''t see this one happening unless we''re down to the bones and they''ll accept a loan move in January but then thats fraught with questions too as new players take various lengths of time to settle in.