Sign in to follow this  
GUcanary

Bristol Rovers Away Plans?

Has anyone got any special plans for Bristol Rovers away? Some big celebration will be fitting and quality.....it really should be the first time we run out as champions so will it be one 90minute party? Any fancy dress to act as a pre-cursor to PL day the following week?

I''m thinking of doing fancy dress. Anyone who went to Crewe will know how good it can be if loads of us do it. Bristol Rovers are having an attempt at the world record for fancy dress pirates as well so it should be good. Do we all do our own thing or have a theme ?

I hadn''t heard about their pirates record attempt, that should be superb to witness!!It''s a good nickname to try to imitate but i don''t think we could do ours very well....mmm, would some sort of regal attire work? To signify being champions?!

What is it with our fans and dressing up to look like idiots all the time.  Cant you do this at a fancy dress party or are you such retards that you dont get invited to parties?

Go to the game, cheer on the lads, have a good time and enjoy yourselves but leave the hillbilly fancy dress kits at home, please!

Not a big fan of them myself but I know it keeps the kids ammused. 

I did laugh at Orient as those who could not find seats at the front of the stand got fed up with them and passed them to the stewards who looked quite shocked to be receiving them.

[quote user="Ren"]

What is it with our fans and dressing up to look like idiots all the time.  Cant you do this at a fancy dress party or are you such retards that you dont get invited to parties?

Go to the game, cheer on the lads, have a good time and enjoy yourselves but leave the hillbilly fancy dress kits at home, please!

[/quote]It''s a thing, all or at least many, clubs do at the end of the season....it''s called having fun and joining in.....I''ll leave you and your inhibitions to sit quietly in the City stand!It''s what makes the end of the season what it is, pure celebration, hopefully in the sun!

[quote user="GUcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

It''s a thing, all or at least many, clubs do at the end of the season....it''s called having fun and joining in.....I''ll leave you and your inhibitions to sit quietly in the City stand!

It''s what makes the end of the season what it is, pure celebration, hopefully in the sun!

[/quote]

If dressing up and looking like a c*ck is your idea of fun then you must lead a very boring little life. 

See you at Bristol - Ill be the one not in fancy dress laughing at the idiots like you.

[quote user="judderman"]I reckon we should help them out with the pirates attempt then.
[/quote]

You''ll have to get there early - they''re doing it at midday.

A night of mineral water and lettuce quiche in Weston-super-Mare on the Friday night followed by four hours of deep breathing and Yoga on the Saturday morning.

No beer, no curry and absolutely no boyish behaviour for us I can tell you!

Please no green and yellow wigs though

and while we''re at it perhaps the cameras could try and find some sensible supporters to focus in on and not the usual suspects. You know what I mean.

[quote user="GUcanary"]Hard lines fella! And to think that is on a bank holiday too! Sounds unfair to me![/quote]

A nice early morning run a hearty swim in the Bristol Channel for us, at least any thoughts of green and yellow wigs or God forbid face paint will soon be quashed as the icy waters do their bit!

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Please no green and yellow wigs though and while we''re at it perhaps the cameras could try and find some sensible supporters to focus in on and not the usual suspects. You know what I mean.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. The camera shots of our fans at Charlton last saturday made our support look even more embarassing then it normally does and thats saying something. The camera men seem to have a brief to pick out every grey haired old lady, face painted teenage girl and sad 40 something tw*t in a jester hat or green and yellow wig they can find. Sadly with our following its easier to find them then it would be with other sets of fans.

A decent themed fancy dress day once a season is a bit of a laugh and not a bad idea.Why some of our fans seem obsessed with dressing up like idiots and taking inflatables to every match i really don''t understand.

Well now Jim. How about you, Wings and IOW getting a group photo on Saturday and posting it on here so we can all see how it should be done[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well now Jim. How about you, Wings and IOW getting a group photo on Saturday and posting it on here so we can all see how it should be done[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]Blimey, if they did that I must just top myself!!!

As someone who was was shown on Late Kick Off in the crowd at Charlton, I am slightly offended by this whole "all Norwich fans look like weirdos" malarkey. I am not a weirdo!!

those that are going, unfiortunately i am not as my back wouldnt stand the long journey [:(], why dont you all dress up as Nelson, celebrating the fact that nelson scored the goal that secured our promotionthoughts?

Ill be traveling down from up North and taking part in the World record attempt . It is a Charity event, yes you have to be there early but then that means more drinking time before the game.

Thinking of getting a mini inflatable canary instead of a parrot though. It''s just a bit of fun.

Personally I don''t care who the camera focus on or what they look like. People in this world need to get over themselves and stop judging people by how they look/age/gender. It would be a bloody boring place if we all looked ''perfect''. Who care''s what others think about our support. We know who we are and that we are great. :-)

Information from the Bristol Rovers website

"The event is set to take place on the morning of our last home game of the season against Norwich on May 1st and we are calling on all you Gasheads to take part.

The club are also looking for local residents, Pirate fans and fancy dress lovers to take part in the attempt.

There will be entertainment and refreshments available during the attempt, and we hope we can make it into a great family fun day.

The idea was brought to Rovers by a Pirate loving fan, known only as Captain Gas, who will be helping to organise the event.

The attempt will take place in the Blackthorn End, with all pirates signing the official log before being counted on to the terraces.

All pirates must wear:

A Pirate style hat/ bandana/ kerchief

An eye patch

An accessory - sword*, parrot etc

Appropriate shirt: striped shirt, white t-shirt or shirt

Appropriate trousers: pantaloons, tatty trousers or rolled-up trousers

Rovers will be supporting the Bristol Urological Institute‟s Prostate Cancer Appeal***, which is not only seeking to raise public awareness, but also fund vital research into improved diagnosis and treatment of the disease.

Prostate cancer affects 35,000 men each year in the UK and causes over 10,000 deaths, almost as many men as breast cancer affects women.

But whereas women are aware of the risks and regularly check their breasts for any untoward symptoms and go for regular mammograms, many men are unaware of the symptoms of prostate cancer and are unaware that a diagnostic test exists.

Bristol Urological Institute‟s Fundraising and Marketing Manager, Terri McDonald said: "Bristol Urological Institute''s "Prostate Cancer Appeal‟ welcomes the continued support of Bristol Rovers Football Club and is very proud to be chosen as the official charity of the day at Pirate World record attempt on 1st May.

"If prostate cancer is detected early, the chances of it being successfully treated are greatly improved.

"Researchers at the BUI at Southmead Hospital and the University of the West of England are working together on a project into early diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer."

The official attempt will take place at 12pm, and pirates have to remain in place for 15 minutes to qualify. Gates will open at 10.30am for the count to begin.

To achieve the record, we need more than 2000 pirates! So don''t be scallywags, come and join in the fun with your fellow pirates and you could be in the next edition of the Guinness Book of World Recordsâ„¢! Yarrrrr!

For more information and to register your interest visit our Facebook group "Bristol Rovers fans World Record attempt & ''Flag Day'' 01/05/2010".

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]those that are going, unfiortunately i am not as my back wouldnt stand the long journey [:(], why dont you all dress up as Nelson, celebrating the fact that nelson scored the goal that secured our promotion

thoughts?
[/quote]

Aren''t Woodfordes giving away Nelson hats or did I read that in a parallel universe?

If Woodfordes are then that is quality!

Does anyone know where the best place is to get beach balls, ticker tape etc?! Want to make Saturday a wash with colour!

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]those that are going, unfiortunately i am not as my back wouldnt stand the long journey [:(], why dont you all dress up as Nelson, celebrating the fact that nelson scored the goal that secured our promotion

thoughts?
[/quote]

Aren''t Woodfordes giving away Nelson hats or did I read that in a parallel universe?

[/quote]

We are...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED14%20Apr%202010%2017%3A56%3A47%3A120