Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

Rose and Spillane: Lambert's Ulterior Motive??

Sorry if this has been raised elsewhere.  I have looked but not seen it.

I like everyone around me and obviously, quite a lot on here, was surprised to see them both playing.

Various explanations were offered such as a need to give them games and possible injuries.    fair enough but odd that there was no news or explanation.

Later I looked at the programme.   Both of them had less than 12 appearances prior to the match but could reach 12 in the 3 matches remaining.   Spillane did well for Lambert till he was suspended and then injured.  Rose did all he was asked to do.   Neither let Lambert down.  I have no idea whether Paul Lambert is a sentimental man though he is clearly an honourable one who sticks by those who do right by him.

Is it possible that Paul Lambert felt that without weakening the side he could give them both enough games to get their medals?  I would like to think so anyway because they both deserve to get the glory of a winners medal.

Whilst it is a nice thought I think Lambert is more the sort to put out his best team to win every game.

[quote user="morty"]Whilst it is a nice thought I think Lambert is more the sort to put out his best team to win every game.
[/quote]

I agree entirely but playing those two did not significantly weaken the side.

It''s not a bad point..I''d think there could be some truth in it.. but is it just the 1 game they''d need to play to get the medals? if so believable.. if they have to play more I''d say it''s unlikely.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Adeyemi making the one more appearance to push him up to the 12 needed for a medal...

i think he played rose because he wants to have a final look at him to judge whether hes worth keeping on for next season.