Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

That bloody music!

Was anyone else totally narked off at the bloody music drowning out the chants after the game?

It was like an 80s disco in Carrow Rd at the final whistle with Tina Turner blasting out and Queen on repeat.

All around me people were trying to get songs going but they simply couldnt because of the bloomin PA system!

Imagine OTBC ringing out of all 4 stands....One Paul Lambert not a having to compete with Chumbabloodywumba!

Please please lay off the music after Carlisle and let the fans do what they do best.....Sing for this team!

mentioned that in another thread. spoiled the the end a bit . dont mind a bit of we are the champions but didnt need constant music full blast. not surprising tho, no offence but the club are a bit clueless when it comes to this sort of thing.

Shocking to be honest, and made it really cheesy .Having said that words cannot express my disgust at the significant numbers around me in the Jarrold whose response to the Admiral''s goal was to piss off early. Absolutely disgraceful when we should be thanking the players.

anyone got an email for the club? might be worth the powers that be getting a few emails telling them to cut it out after Carlisle.

send a postcard

works much much better

gets read instantly, by more people

and yes, fully agree with the sentiments above

Annoyed me too, yes leave it playing if you must but not too drown out the fans, The PA also stopped a chant of on the ball city, couldn''t they wait until it was over to do the cheesy 321 kick it of carp?

Absolutely the worst thing about the ''celebrations''.

Why feel the need to play the shittest sequence of music in recorded history (at deafening volume)? At the same time only succeeding in destroying the atmosphere from the crowd!

Annoyed? I was fucking livid!

Jafski sums it up nicely on wotb....

Yesterday was ruined for me by some twats

insistence on playing ''Rocking All Over the World'' about three times after the game.

Why, on a happy occasion, play that dirgy shite, then ''Simply The Best'' FFS?

We''re not all 52 year old divorcees called Carol from Mile Cross, doing the Quo elbow dance at a ''Fabulous Rockin'' 70''s Disco Nite'' at ''The Talk'' in an ultimately futile, but enthusiastic, attempt to relive our 1970''s heyday before our tit''s had gone south and the cumulative effect of smoking 40 Regal a day all our adult life had made our skin wrinkled and rough with a yellowed hue.

I can just about forgive We are the Champions though.

Why not a bit of dubstep or get a grime crew droppin some audio bombs on us.

I shall be writing to McNally asking that the person responsible be rooted out and shot in the face.

I don''t know why I bother, cuh, this country.

Posted By: jafski on April 25th 2010 at 10:34:34

[quote user="Beauseant"] words cannot express my disgust at the significant numbers around me in the Jarrold whose response to the Admiral''s goal was to piss off early.[/quote]We keep on trumpeting our huge attendances, don''t we, but exactly how many are there for the football?

[quote user="woody"]Jafski sums it up nicely on wotb.... Yesterday was ruined for me by some twats insistence on playing ''Rocking All Over the World'' about three times after the game.[/quote]

Agreed, and I''m related to Rick Parfitt.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Shocking to be honest, and made it really cheesy .Having said that words cannot express my disgust at the significant numbers around me in the Jarrold whose response to the Admiral''s goal was to piss off early. Absolutely disgraceful when we should be thanking the players.[/quote]Yes but remember them leaving early has nothing to do with being poor fans and everything to do with getting to work on a Sunday afternoon. The fact that they appeared to leave just after Nellys goal was of course purely a coincidense.

I agree that the whole process was just too "manufactured" for my liking. It should be the fans celebrating and singing away as they feel fit, not some over the top music blasting away at full volume so you can''t even talk to your mate who''s standing right next to you!

Can''t say it really bothers me to be honest, not that I''m a big fan of it.

Was always going to be like that though, just the nature of those sort of things. Did anyone seriously think it wouldn''t be like that?

I agree about the 321 OTBC at the start, that really is pathetic! Always wonder what away fans think about that.

Hey hey hey - "it''s a family club" dont you know! Cant have anything but old cheesy ''past-it'' songs ringing out! You know fulll well that fans shouldnt sing!

[quote user="woody"]Jafski sums it up nicely on wotb.... Yesterday was ruined for me by some twats insistence on playing ''Rocking All Over the World'' about three times after the game. Why, on a happy occasion, play that dirgy shite, then ''Simply The Best'' FFS? We''re not all 52 year old divorcees called Carol from Mile Cross, doing the Quo elbow dance at a ''Fabulous Rockin'' 70''s Disco Nite'' at ''The Talk'' in an ultimately futile, but enthusiastic, attempt to relive our 1970''s heyday before our tit''s had gone south and the cumulative effect of smoking 40 Regal a day all our adult life had made our skin wrinkled and rough with a yellowed hue. I can just about forgive We are the Champions though. Why not a bit of dubstep or get a grime crew droppin some audio bombs on us. I shall be writing to McNally asking that the person responsible be rooted out and shot in the face. I don''t know why I bother, cuh, this country. Posted By: jafski on April 25th 2010 at 10:34:34[/quote]

I''ll go and dig a hole, just in case it''s terminal

Whilst I''d rather they hadn''t played the music, I wouldn''t go as far as saying it completely ruined my whole day.[:)]

Ok, you are not going to get total silence from the Pa on a day like Saturday or for that matter in 2 weeks against Carlisle.

It is also going to be the same songs you would here at every ground in the same situation.

So my question is what songs would you rather hear played after the Carlisle game.

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday''s promotion party at Carrow Road even though the game was rubbish. Right up until they dusted off the already dated promotion CD from 2004 and played exactly the same cringeworthy mix of Status Quo, Queen and Tina Turner. Over and over again. And when the fans were trying to sing, they tried to drown us out with it. Please, please, PLEASE don''t play that CD again after Carlisle, just let the fans make the noise next time.

I also think fans should be allowed to run on the pitch, as many other clubs do.

One round of '' We are the Champions '' was enough . I wanted , like many others around me for the fans to take over and do all the singing and to me that would have meant more to the players and in particular Paul Lambert . For God''s sake at the Carlisle game let the fans do the singing and as Morrissey once said '' Hang the DJ '' !! OTBC !

Beauseant "...words cannot express my disgust at the significant numbers around me in the Jarrold whose response to the Admiral''s goal was to piss off early. Absolutely disgraceful when we should be thanking the players..."

My goodness. Were they off to get tanked up early doors and return, or to invade the pitch?? Tell me they were.

Off to grace the Memorial Stadium terraces this Saturday... Can absolutely guarantee I''ll be in the ground for rather more than 105 minutes!!!