Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Second from bottom

Got to be happy with that really we are still in touch and that is all we can hope for really shame the Fulham - Blackburn game wasnt a draw. We need 3 points next saturday and a couple of great players lined up for january !

Well.. we didn''t lose like most people expected  I think after D.F went out!!! One point at this point of the season is GOLD!! Next week at team who lost to the the bottom of the table (or will be again)

I love CITY, will never give up... CITY TILL I DIE!!!

All right Mr Webmaster, no need to rub it in! 

So just out of interest, how do you personally regard the Prince of Denmark situation?  Sorry to put you on the spot, and I''m sure you''ve stated your opinion on it already in posts I''ve missed, but you''re his most high-profile supporter.  Do you think we''d be in a better league position if he''s been first choice this season?

Personally I think he should be considered for right-back and stick Edworthy in central defence for a while.  I know that ''if it ain''t broke don''t fix it'' in relation to the right-back position, but I find Charlton and Fleming could do with some competition for their places, because i.m.o. they are sometimes found wanting; Edworthy coming in for one of them could do them some good, since as we know he is originally a centre-back. This option would then also give the great Dane an extended chance to prove and impose his authority in his favoured position. 

If this doesn''t work by January, flog him and re-invest the cash!

Personally I think he''ll be gone in January unless he''s a first-team regular from now on. Hard to say we''d be in a better league position - only 1st Wizard has a crystal ball, but it''s got to be better having someone in midfield who makes tackles and can pass a ball - pity it''s taken Worthy nearly half the season to realise this...

As for where we should play the Great Dane, well, he''s played most of his club career in midfield/right wing and most of his international career at centre-back/right-back. I don''t think he''s suited to either right-wing or right-back in the Premiership (even though he impressed in right midfield at the Hawthorns) so I''d like to see him replace either Fleming or Charlton in central defence or, ideally, in the middle of the pitch with Francis. He looked at home in the defensive midfield position against Rovers and apparently had a good game against Birmingham City there too.

Our best chance of success this Saturday is Mulryne and Helveg in the middle.

Maybe I should get some t-shirts supporting the Prince of Denmark made up...

Fair play; an alternative scheme worth considering, and much more informed than my own suggestion. 

I think we''d better let the experts down the road get on with the T-shirts, though - better not "steal their clothes", since they have very few other skills. 

(In fact I''ve heard that Fartman Road''s finest already have in preparation some scandalous designs, showing Helveg sporting an...Inter Milan shirt!   It''s from an old photo which thereby proves that, in top secret, he still plays for Inter despite being with us.  Which, come to think of it, would explain his many absences from our first team this season.) 

I think that given Fulham''s current form, another win could be on the cards if the strikers make an effort to hit the target.

Peter - T-shirt idea sounds quite cool...it isn''t insulting/poking fun at those down the road, so why not? What about getting Pink''Un Posters T-shirts as well?

Well, the guy who did the Huckerby t-shirts has said they can do any design as long as they''d sell so suggestions are welcome...

I don''t think anyone has said anything yet, so congrats on reaching 1000. How many gurus do we have now?

DD, Gazza, Zipper, Susie, You....anyone else?

I won''t get near 4 figures until about 2006 at the rate I''m going !

Well done Pete - you now qualify to wear a kaftan I believe!!!!  Make sure you have red undies on underneath!