Sign in to follow this  
ca

What do you all do out of the footy season ?

I just don''t get cricket at all. The only way you could get me to play or watch is if it was knock and run, every player had to bowl and a simple case of who gets the most runs win. Just a long drawn out picnic in my opinion.

I cancel Sky Sports until August, then work every Saturday so that when I start taking Saturdays off next season no one gets suspicious!

Looks like cricket is a popular choice for most people, have never got into it myself and doesn''t compare with footy for me.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess a lot of people on here work so are busy in the week but what do you on Saturdays when you''d normally be at the footy, listening on the Radio or watching the results come through on Sky Sports?

I intend to spend my weekends on the North Norfolk coast if the weather is good, Wells, Blakeney, Holkham beach, Cromer and Sheringham are where you''ll find me.

What do you all do with your time out of season ?

[/quote]

Have sex

Cricket and follow MLB baseball on the telly too. I''ve got family living in California an I follow the LA Angels who''ve I''ve seen a few times

I shall mostly miss footy like mad, its been a good season. The World cup will provide a brief distraction but its not Norwich and will ultimately end in disappointment. Spare weekends will be spent going to the beach.I shall be avidly watching the official website for the new fixture list and also the pre-season friendlies.I shall sleep easy knowing Lambert is in charge of buying players and pre season training as opposed to last years baldy chump.

[quote user="morty"]I shall mostly miss footy like mad, its been a good season. The World cup will provide a brief distraction but its not Norwich and will ultimately end in disappointment.

Spare weekends will be spent going to the beach.

I shall be avidly watching the official website for the new fixture list and also the pre-season friendlies.

I shall sleep easy knowing Lambert is in charge of buying players and pre season training as opposed to last years baldy chump.

[/quote]

That''s a real disappointment morts. I had visions of you trawling the bars of Norwich and chatting up women in a Leslie Phillips stylee.Honk Honk![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I shall mostly miss footy like mad, its been a good season. The World cup will provide a brief distraction but its not Norwich and will ultimately end in disappointment. Spare weekends will be spent going to the beach.I shall be avidly watching the official website for the new fixture list and also the pre-season friendlies.I shall sleep easy knowing Lambert is in charge of buying players and pre season training as opposed to last years baldy chump.

[/quote]

That''s a real disappointment morts. I had visions of you trawling the bars of Norwich and chatting up women in a Leslie Phillips stylee.Honk Honk![:D]

[/quote]"I say, you''re a sweet young thing, would you mind terribly if I were to storm the gates of your love palace with my purple headed battering ram?"Ding-dong.[:D]

I''l probably be hanging in the gardens of the Diss Greyhound for most of it.

Mix in catching up on Moto GP, Might try and get to the British GP of Motocross again this year too.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I shall mostly miss footy like mad, its been a good season. The World cup will provide a brief distraction but its not Norwich and will ultimately end in disappointment.

Spare weekends will be spent going to the beach.

I shall be avidly watching the official website for the new fixture list and also the pre-season friendlies.

I shall sleep easy knowing Lambert is in charge of buying players and pre season training as opposed to last years baldy chump.

[/quote]

[/quote]

"I say, you''re a sweet young thing, would you mind terribly if I were to storm the gates of your love palace with my purple headed battering ram?"

Ding-dong.

[:D]
[/quote]

LMFAO![:D][Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess a lot of people on here work so are busy in the week but what do you on Saturdays when you''d normally be at the footy, listening on the Radio or watching the results come through on Sky Sports?

I intend to spend my weekends on the North Norfolk coast if the weather is good, Wells, Blakeney, Holkham beach, Cromer and Sheringham are where you''ll find me.

What do you all do with your time out of season ?

[/quote]Holkham Beach...CA????  Is that for the overall tan?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Becoming a father some time in July which is [:D] and [:S]
[/quote]Congratulations Mr Chops[Y] but do you know who the mother is? [:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]World cup
Playing cricket
Becoming a father some time in July which is [:D] and [:S]
[/quote]

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood and, it would appear, on the marathon as well!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]World cupPlaying cricketBecoming a father some time in July which is [:D] and [:S][/quote]

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood and, it would appear, on the marathon as well!

[/quote]Thanks (and thanks, Mick)The marathon was horrible, I have never felt so desolate as when running under the Blackwall tunnel.  Absolutely empty and ready to quit, and then I came out the other side into sunshine and the crowds and I thought "no way, you''re finishing this".  Crossed the line in 4h 21, slower than I wanted but at one point finishing looked doubtful so I''m good with that.I''ll be doing lots of road races this summer, 10 miles and under.  Never again a marathon.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]World cupPlaying cricketBecoming a father some time in July which is [:D] and [:S][/quote]

[/quote]Thanks (and thanks, Mick)The marathon was horrible, I have never felt so desolate as when running under the Blackwall tunnel.  Absolutely empty and ready to quit, and then I came out the other side into sunshine and the crowds and I thought "no way, you''re finishing this".  Crossed the line in 4h 21, slower than I wanted but at one point finishing looked doubtful so I''m good with that.I''ll be doing lots of road races this summer, 10 miles and under.  Never again a marathon.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Graduating from Uni, moving back to Norwich and enjoying not sleeping with little girl # 3 due in about 5 weeks...[/quote]

Ohhh not long to go then, are you excited?

[/quote]Very excited thank you, WAY, we''ve got everything ready for her now so we''re just playing the waiting game. although hopefully she''ll wait until I''ve finished my assignments and exams! But its the girls'' 7th birthday on Wednesday so getting that out of the way first...Further excitement comes from the job interview in Norwich I''ve just secured, and coming down to (Michael) Nelson''s County this weekend for it and a bit of family time...I love it when a plan comes together! [:D]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

This year its the world cup,so up to and including the final when we lift the trophy,it will be big screens like the mall in Norwich or yarmouth beach if they do put a giant screen up again...Then Hols! :)

[/quote]

If you''re going to nick the trophy its probably best not to boast about it on forums like this.  Having said that, I''ll open the bidding at £100 if you are successful.  I will obviously want the film rights as part of the deal

world cup, and counting down the days till the fixtures are announced. cant wait for those 6 points against the scum!