Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Sounds like Doc will get a new contract

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s amazing how a group of Norwich fans see something in Doherty that nobody else in professional footballing does. Lucky for them nobody else sees it because he''d be signed with another team in a heartbeat on those various times he;''s been told he''s free to go.[/quote]

Speaks the expert!!

I''m still waiting for someone to name a better CB in this seasons League1!

Whitbread is meant to be the best thing since sliced bread at CB - if thats the case then why isn''t he in the team now!

Last season messrs Stefanovic and Kennedy were signed cause they were allegedly better than what we had - yeah right!

[/quote][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/do_not_feed_trolls.jpg[/IMG]

houston canary has a point

many pundits are confused as to why we rate him so highly

one pundit last year laughed when he found out doherty was playing and described him as a huge liability

[quote user="tom1902"]houston canary has a point

one pundit last year laughed when he found out doherty was playing and described him as a huge liability[/quote]Perhaps as we actually watch him game after game, and have seen the massive improvement he has made to his game since Paul Lambert.I put pundits in the same category as stupid americans that don''t go to games.[:)]

[quote user="tom1902"]houston canary has a point

one pundit last year laughed when he found out doherty was playing and described him as a huge liability[/quote]But if Mr. Lambert gives Doherty a new contract, and we all believe Mr. Lambert is a good manager, then doesn''t that suggest he thinks Doherty is up to the job and is not a liability? 

[quote user="tom1902"] many pundits are confused as to why we rate him so highly one pundit last year laughed when he found out doherty was playing and described him as a huge liability[/quote]

Which pundits are confused and who described him as a hige liability? [:)]

[quote user="tom1902"]the pundit for the ipswich home game[/quote]What was his name?

I really, really hope that Tom1902 comes back and says it was Alan Brazil.[:)]

Ahhh. morty, why don''t you just admit you don''t like me? You obviously ignored the smiley face I put on my comment.

How do teams find out if a player is worthy of signing? And why have no clubs done that process and signed Doherty on the various occasions when he has been free to go?

When did I say he was playing poorly this season?

You are an angry little man, morty. Your last name isn''t Hitler, is it?

Perhaps as we actually watch him game after game, and have seen the massive improvement he has made to his game since Paul Lambert. - morty

WHOA!!!! Hold on a second!! Massive improvement SINCE Paul Lambert???? What about all the times you''ve said how awesome he has been for years? Now you''re saying he was far worse than he is now. Which is it? morty, you make this too easy. I think your view of the field at Carrow road must be blocked by the tall people in front of you because you are speaking in circles now.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s amazing how a group of Norwich fans see something in Doherty that nobody else in professional footballing does. Lucky for them nobody else sees it because he''d be signed with another team in a heartbeat on those various times he;''s been told he''s free to go.[/quote]

similar words, different order same old sh1t

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]He''s been outstanding all season. Most consistent player by a country mile.
[/quote]

Now I like Doc but this is way over the top!

[/quote]

Who has been more consistent?
[/quote]

I would say Forster, Drury, Russell, Smith, Hoolahan, Martin, and Holt, and possibly even Lappin have been as consistent (if not more), which is why I believe the "by a country mile" statement is way over the top. In fact I think it''s absolutely ridiculous. And I''m one of those always defending the unfair criticisms of him.

[/quote]

When I say consistent I mean consistently reliable.. consistently someone we can count on.

With Russell, Holt, and Forster we couldn''t do that because they have had red cards and suspensions and missed games.
With Drury, and Hoolahan they''ve been injured so they missed games.
Martin has been terrific but by no means consistently terrific.
Lappin hasn''t been consistent at all. At least not in a positive way.

Forsters kicking has been consistently poor..
Corey is about as close as it gets to being consistent like Doherty has... but when you compare them I think most people would put Doherty as being the winner.

[/quote]

I admire your attempt to justify this nonsense but, Holt has started more league games than him, Forster started the same and Russell only 3 less.

Hoolahan has also started the same amount and Drury only 1 less.

Martin.has to be consistently terrific but Doherty only has to be consistently reliable, seems a little unfair especially when the lad has scored so many goals and won the matches he has.

Lappin whether you rate him or not has been the most consistent of all with the highest number of starts, and I think you''d do very well to to list a few errors he might have made.

Forster''s kicking has been an issue granted but that isn''t just what his performance is judged on, surely not, or this another little qualifier thrown in. 

Korey Smith is no more consistent than the others mentioned, and I would guess that many would rate him ahead of or equall to Doc.

Now without getting bogged down in minute details I think it is reasonable to say your comment was way over the top, whatever you feel about who is more reliable, or better, if I admit you are right it can never be by a country mile. In fact I think that is an outright insult to the majority of the team.     

[quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

Nail hit firmly on the sweaty Yankie head!

The Doc will forever never be rated by some so called fans who need a scapegoat and don''t say it as it is really is!

[quote user="tom1902"]yes, but we conceded those goals with the current defence minus otsemobor[/quote]

If football really was like that then it would be incredibly easy to score goals. But not all defenders are in the back four. Defence is keeping the opposition out and it''s a lot more than the back four. If a goal is scored from a set play many blame the back four and usually Doc. But there may be eight attackers in the box so we have more than four defenders don''t we?

It''s amazing how a group of Norwich fans see something in Doherty that nobody else in professional footballing does. Lucky for them nobody else sees it because he''d be signed with another team in a heartbeat on those various times he;''s been told he''s free to go.

Nail hit firmly on the sweaty Yankie head!

- And as usual, question completely ignored and instead resonded to with insults. Well done, lads!

He''s played well this season, but where has the non-NCFC interest in him been when he''s been told he can leave????

And morty, if he''s improved so much under Lambert, doesn''t that mean he was not very good before, despite all his defence lawyers claiming he was simply awesome?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]You don''t ignore me, morty, so I guess that makes you a wet pu-see. hummana hummana hummana

You can''t give an answer, though can you?[/quote]Case rested.

Mortious my friend why waste your time arguing with a guy that thinks football is a game played with pads and helmets?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]How do teams find out if a player is worthy of signing? And why have no clubs done that process and signed Doherty on the various occasions when he has been free to go?[/quote]Because Doc likes Norwich, and therefore each time he''s been up for renewal he has accepted a new contract from Norwich City.  Worthington signed him, Grant, Roeder renewed his contract and now it looks like Lambert will offer him a new contract too.  Lambert may not in which case Doc will need a new club.  If that happens we will see what level he is signed at, but I would expect a Championship club to be in for him.

Andy, your clever comment is so witty. Ahhhh, ya got me! I think football involves wearing pads ha ha ha ha, you clown! And you think a boot is where you put the spare tire, and that a lorry is a big truck! Oh, the hilarity! Such salient, valid commentary banter is so much fun and so original.

HapClap, I was asking why nobody came around when he was a free agent, not why he stayed. If he was as talented and capable as so many here think, he would have been snapped up in an instant, and been happy to be. Nobody came a-calling. As morty implied earlier, he was total crap but has gotten his act together since being re-instated, and good for him (and us) that he did so.

Houston for once stop the bloody crap that you spout, we have just won the fucking league and all you can do is try and wind posters uphow do you know that Doc wasnt offered deals elsewhere and just chose to stay here because he likes the club so much?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Andy, your clever comment is so witty. Ahhhh, ya got me! I think football involves wearing pads ha ha ha ha, you clown! And you think a boot is where you put the spare tire, and that a lorry is a big truck! Oh, the hilarity! Such salient, valid commentary banter is so much fun and so original.

HapClap, I was asking why nobody came around when he was a free agent, not why he stayed. If he was as talented and capable as so many here think, he would have been snapped up in an instant, and been happy to be. Nobody came a-calling. As morty implied earlier, he was total crap but has gotten his act together since being re-instated, and good for him (and us) that he did so.[/quote]Problem is there is no such language as American. You''re talking our language. So it doesn''t work the other way around.Point is you''re the other side of the world, have you ever seen Doherty play ever? You''re talking like you have an ounce of authority to comment, when clearly you don''t.

crowhurst, dpn''t be such a wet rag. Everybody knows no clubs came for him the times he was told he could go away. If they had, there would have been hints of it at the very least.

AC, yes, there is a language called American English, you numbskull. You people have adopted many of our words into your version of the language.

What does whether or not I''ve seen Doherty play or not have to do with every other team''s disinterest in him, AC? he''s done well enough at Division 3 football, but Champs and Prem teams were not banging down the door of the manager to get him the times he was free to leave. Maybe none of them have seen him play. Or maybe they have!

how you can you slate a player you have never seen play and one that you have absolutely no idea whether he was wanted or not and please enlighten me who everybody is?

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Andy, your clever comment is so witty. Ahhhh, ya got me! I think football involves wearing pads ha ha ha ha, you clown! And you think a boot is where you put the spare tire, and that a lorry is a big truck! Oh, the hilarity! Such salient, valid commentary banter is so much fun and so original.

HapClap, I was asking why nobody came around when he was a free agent, not why he stayed. If he was as talented and capable as so many here think, he would have been snapped up in an instant, and been happy to be. Nobody came a-calling. As morty implied earlier, he was total crap but has gotten his act together since being re-instated, and good for him (and us) that he did so.[/quote]Problem is there is no such language as American. You''re talking our language. So it doesn''t work the other way around.Point is you''re the other side of the world, have you ever seen Doherty play ever? You''re talking like you have an ounce of authority to comment, when clearly you don''t.[/quote]

That''s the trouble with the internet you can''t protect your borders from unwanted foreigners.

how you can you slate a player you have never seen play and one that you have absolutely no idea whether he was wanted or not and please enlighten me who everybody is?

the gut, I did not know you were a foreigner.

crow, in his 5 years at Norwich, has there been any hint of interest from any other team on these threads or in the PinkUn articles? The closest thing to a rumor I''ve seen is people like you insisting there must be interest, and he''d be snapped up by Championship clubs if available. He''s been available several times and yet nary a rumor gets on here, let alone a PinkUn generated storyline.

By the way, I''ve seen him play at Carrow Road a few times and on TV many times. However, it matters not how often I''ve seen him because I am not every other team in England that makes no attempt to sign him when he is available, and neither are you. Now dry your eyes, blow your nose, and go outside and play like a big boy.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]how you can you slate a player you have never seen play and one that you have absolutely no idea whether he was wanted or not and please enlighten me who everybody is? the gut, I did not know you were a foreigner. crow, in his 5 years at Norwich, has there been any hint of interest from any other team on these threads or in the PinkUn articles? The closest thing to a rumor I''ve seen is people like you insisting there must be interest, and he''d be snapped up by Championship clubs if available. He''s been available several times and yet nary a rumor gets on here, let alone a PinkUn generated storyline. By the way, I''ve seen him play at Carrow Road a few times and on TV many times. However, it matters not how often I''ve seen him because I am not every other team in England that makes no attempt to sign him when he is available, and neither are you. Now dry your eyes, blow your nose, and go outside and play like a big boy.[/quote]

What the f*ck are talking about?

Do you just keep shuffling the same words around to make a post? Every post you make says virtually the same thing. You do seem determined that we will one day understand your gibberish. Your much printed philosophy, means f*ck all. We have experienced very few rumours about the majority of our players over recent years being wanted by other clubs, and in any case the rumours that appear on here are usually generated by fans and often born by their fears of losing their favourite players (it is unlikely the Doc will ever be that). Your guage can only really be stories generated by the press, and they have been very few and far between about any of our players and I do believe there was one about Doc signing for Plymouth and Watford. And when has been "available several times"? Perhaps you get more in depth reporting over there about NCFC than us locals get. Stop trying to be clever, it doesn''t suit you. Now get back to wiping your japs eye after blowing cock and playing with little boys.  Won car!