Sign in to follow this  
Peter Sutton

FLOPERBY

Darren Huckerby''s been a flop this season - He only really scored 1 goal - the cracker against Crystal Palace... all the others have been pretty rubbish.

And why...may i ask, has Gary Holt only just been dropped? Francis had to go and get injured so he could come back didn''t he?

[quote]Darren Huckerby''s been a flop this season - He only really scored 1 goal - the cracker against Crystal Palace... all the others have been pretty rubbish. And why...may i ask, has Gary Holt only ju...[/quote]

I agree that Hucks hasn''t been as influential this season. But to say he''s been a flop is a bit harsh.  He''s the most creative player we have at the club and I''m damn sure we would be lost without him

I agree I don''t think Huckerby has been all that but we have not got anybody waiting in the wings to take his spot and nor should we, he will come good (i hope anyway!!)

[quote]I agree I don''t think Huckerby has been all that but we have not got anybody waiting in the wings to take his spot and nor should we, he will come good (i hope anyway!!)[/quote]

no1 waiting? wot about McKenzie...he deserves a chance now and again. McVeigh scored against Man U and he hasn''t got a look in... Svensson performed well against Great Yarmouth in August, why not play him?

HOLT OUT

[quote]no1 waiting? wot about McKenzie...he deserves a chance now and again. McVeigh scored against Man U and he hasn''t got a look in... Svensson performed well against Great Yarmouth in August, why not pl...[/quote]

Is this guy Peter Sutton stuck in the past?

[quote]no1 waiting? wot about McKenzie...he deserves a chance now and again. McVeigh scored against Man U and he hasn''t got a look in... Svensson performed well against Great Yarmouth in August, why not pl...[/quote]

err hello svensson was good against great yarmouth, GREAT YARMOUTH! you will have to remind me the last time they were in the prem, my nan would look good against yarmouth and she dosn''t even understand the offside rule

Oh my god!! what is going on today? Svennson preformed well against Yarmouth town!! Peter you must seriously be on a wind up. Not much difference really is there between yarmouth and Liverpool, villa, spurs etc etc!! Mind you it gave me a chuckle!!

Huckerby, despite his lack of performance latley, should be commended on his loyalty to our club firstly anyway!!! The whole teams been under performing lately (besides last week) when we stepped it up a few notches, so no getting down on the Hux please

And no baggig out the "Great Yarmouth", some of my best childhood memories are of being at the towm market getting fish chips in the local rag and getting poisoned by the ink ... you can read the effects it has (not) had on me...

Svensson had a great pre-season, then flopped

And huckerby had totally the opposite (remembering he had hardly any preseason.....)

As for Flopperby, remember he has to adjust from being able to take it around 5 players without having a single takle on him last season, i mean he hasnt played in the premiership for a while.

He started the season great, got dropped back a bit on the left and everytime he gets the ball he does (or rather tries) to do too much......

I really think huckerby is looking to get himself dropped, he needs to be more of a winger and get crosses in when he can!!

otherwise......

hello championship!

although not for 9 years this time

Is this a joke? Darren Huckerby is the most important and influential player we have had at the club in the last ten years.

[quote]Darren Huckerby''s been a flop this season - He only really scored 1 goal - the cracker against Crystal Palace... all the others have been pretty rubbish. And why...may i ask, has Gary Holt only ju...[/quote]

I thing i SMELL an imposture here now go back to your ipswich forum and dont come back .

Matt Svensson didnt even play at the Yrmouth game, he was there in the stands watching, he had just had surgery on his knee so wasnt playing that day,

the reason huckerby hasnt scored as many as expected is because he spends his whole time being marked by two or more men, which should free up space for others - it is up to them to capitalise on the space huckerby makes

if we didnt have darren i dont know where we would be now

I would treat "suttons " remarks with the contempt they deserve ! .......  and tell him to head back to whichpis  at the double 

Yesterdays game , in my opinion,  suggests that  Hucks  should be placed where he`s in his element  , and thats right in the thick of the action........  this " stick him on the left "  mantra has never made sense to me ! .......  he`s an out and out striker  for hucks sake ! ...... take stock of the melee  in that goalmouth .. our " strikers "  could only make inneffectual  attempts to connect [ too slow ! ]  but Hucks lightning  thought  and reflexes  enabled him to  crack the ball into the net .........

I hope NW  duly notes  who scored the goal when we were one down , and , lets face it ,  on the ropes for large parts of the game , and also duly notes  who demonstrated his loyalty recently  by extending his contract !!

Dont waste it !!!

c''mon, this guys is a wind-up merchant, you can tell a mile off. I can''t believe you lot are gracing him with sensible replies!

Peter Sutton is either a Scummer or someone who''s knowledge of NCFC is limited to a one paragraph write-up in The Sun every monday.

Huckerby is our most influential player for year (as said earlier by someone), when our players get the ball who do they look for exactly? - Huckerby gets given the ball everytime and everyone expects him to deliver everytime.

He has only scored one good goal?! who cares how he scores!, it is him who earns the penalties in the first place.

He is really loyal and would do anything for this club, just look at his work-rate for the team, probably covers more ground than any other player 

Quote : the reason huckerby hasnt scored as many as expected is because he spends his whole time being marked by two or more men, which should free up space for others - it is up to them to capitalise on the space huckerby makes

if we didnt have darren i dont know where we would be now

Well said, Archie. Couldn''t agree mor.

What are you guys ON !!

Hucks has been outstanding again this season, he''s the only person capable of providing chances or scoring goals himself. We would be rooted to the bottom of the league ( and I mean ROOTED) had he not been playing, and "Heaven help us" if he gets injured.

PS. He''s already a Norwich Legend, leave him alone.

Yeah the guy who started this one has got to be taking the piss.

However I disagree with the guy who said that Huckerby is an out and out striker. He is always better when he is played off the front two. We had our most succesful spell last year with him on the left and with Matty Svensson and Leon up front. Also he says he is more comfortable on the left.

This is getting ludicrous - praise for our huff and puff players and stick for the likes of Hux, Jonson, Bentley and Helveg who all have more quality than the majority of the rest of the squad put together.  I am not convinced this is a wind up but even if the original was some of the replies are staggering.

I too like Holts, Flems, Eddys Leons effort but it isnt good enough to keep us in the premiership  If that isnt clear to us know then the next 6 months will be a waste of effort.  Hux has been playing superbly  for the club; even when we shoot ourselves in the foot tactically (thanks for the supprt sheded) by wasting him as a left winger he is still the player most likely to win us a game.

I am waiting for a post for the only other class player we own to be replaced by Darren Ward - ce on guys smell the coffee - we need a touch of class to survive.  You have seen the difference in getting Mullers (who still isnt really prem class) in for Holt - what sort of impact could we have by getting our 11 most talented footballers on the pitch?      You know it makes sense.

OTBC

[quote]Yeah the guy who started this one has got to be taking the piss. However I disagree with the guy who said that Huckerby is an out and out striker. He is always better when he is played off the front...[/quote]

That was true for last year ! ......  the prem  demands different tactics ...........  most goals are scored  when the defence  lose control and make mistakes ......  eg panic !  ......   and  the prospect of Hucks  whizzing around the penalty area  will cause panic !

Predictability  negates creativity 

There are about 70 clubs in Premier, Championship, Div 1 &2 that would have loved to have the Xmas present that we all had last year.

Saturday after he scored we all saw how committed he is to Norwich, he was overjoyed at scoring in front of the Norwich fans.

Yes he doesn''t beat as many defenders in Premiership as he did last season but praise for him shouldn''t stop now we are in Premiership.

He was the main reason we are where we are today (in the Premiership). I think that in time he will stand along with Iwan etc. in the Hall of Fame.

He is now our top scorer this season and there are more goals to come from him.

Nick

On the season so far, Alan Hansen and Steve Bruce summed up Norwich and its fans, always singing, always committed. Let''s keep that going all season and long may the praise for the conduct of our great club and fans continue.

Huckerby hasn''t been as influential this season because every time he gets the ball, he has three men marking him. That''s why he hasn''t been as influential!!

As regards Huckerby''s goals, I''d take 20 tap-ins over 1 Goal of the Season contender any day of the week.