Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

So there was a pitch invasion...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dhickl"]Will the people who went on the pitch get the same punishment as the 2 who did during the Colchester game at the start of the season?  I very much doubt it, but surely it''s the same offence!!![/quote]There are different mitigating circumstances. The two at the beginning of the season actually entered the field of play during a game for a start.I would think that anyone who entered the pitch on Saturday will be fine UNLESS they used violent or abusive behaviour towards club stewards then the police will likely press charges.And I saw a few fans having some rough and tumble with the stewards, my youtube video I am uploading and will link in a while illustrates this(don''t worry, its not close enough to identify anyone on so I''m not dropping anyone in it, the police shot their own video for this purpose)[/quote]Have you got a video of the fat steward who attempted to trip a fan up as he ran past?  The club could use that as a training tool to teach stewards recognised restaining techniques [:D]

I really think some wet heads should let go of their mothers apron strings. Why bother following football if you cant understand that passion and excitement is what makes a fan. Yes you might argue it was a not necessary but so what, its FOOTBALL ffs and as much as the modern fan hates it, its still a sport for the masses and not the prawn sarnie brigade.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dhickl"]Will the people who went on the pitch get the same punishment as the 2 who did during the Colchester game at the start of the season?  I very much doubt it, but surely it''s the same offence!!![/quote]There are different mitigating circumstances. The two at the beginning of the season actually entered the field of play during a game for a start.I would think that anyone who entered the pitch on Saturday will be fine UNLESS they used violent or abusive behaviour towards club stewards then the police will likely press charges.And I saw a few fans having some rough and tumble with the stewards, my youtube video I am uploading and will link in a while illustrates this(don''t worry, its not close enough to identify anyone on so I''m not dropping anyone in it, the police shot their own video for this purpose)[/quote]Have you got a video of the fat steward who attempted to trip a fan up as he ran past?  The club could use that as a training tool to teach stewards recognised restaining techniques [:D][/quote]Hehe! I''ll post it once it finishes uploading, its taking ages.The stewards gave up in the end and just let them on, not many more seemed to take this invite to get on the pitch though.Oh and you can clearly hear people booing them, as I believe this was discussed earlier in the thread.

When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]Remember it well

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]Remember it well  [;)]Happy days indeed!

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.

This video shows all there is to see, 50 odd over excited fans caught in the moment make a rush to the pitch, a few get rugby taclked to the floor, one Paramedic even takes a wild swing with his leg at one fan (WTF?) which makes him lose one show but continues to rush on anway lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7R-YtTfeyc

Yeah it''s a pretty embarrassing attempt of a pitch invasion really, but is there really any need for posters on here to call the few over excited fans who ran on the pitch for all of 50 seconds "idiots", "thugs" etc? I think you need to take your head out of the sand and realise that pitch invasions are very common in British football, i''m not a fan of them myself as I prefer a lap of honour, but i''m hardly appalled by them either. Now lets just forgive and forget and hope to god that the club don''t make any rash decisions by banning those supporters, that really would make things a great deal more embarrassing.

Is there any way us real fans can put pressure on the club to get the ‘Snakepit 40’ banned for life? Perhaps a letter writing campaign to the board of directors or a Facebook page or online petition?

We need to make sure that these thugs are never allowed to ruin our matchday experience again.

[quote user="drinks"]

Is there any way us real fans can put pressure on the club to get the ‘Snakepit 40’ banned for life? Perhaps a letter writing campaign to the board of directors or a Facebook page or online petition?

We need to make sure that these thugs are never allowed to ruin our matchday experience again.

[/quote]

Please tell that''s sarcasm? [:''(]

[quote user="drinks"]

[/quote]Have a word with yourself lol.Whilst I don''t agree with what they did whether or not they get banned is none of your business, its up to the club to decide.

[quote user="drinks"]

[/quote]Please stay away from me and the whole football club.

Theres my video, the one already shot from the snakepit is better I must say though lol.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxAzeb7asI[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Theres my video, the one already shot from the snakepit is better I must say though lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxAzeb7asI

[:)]
[/quote]

lol @ that guy in the lower Barclay at 00:50 who gets pulled back by a steward right in front of the stand, good effort, good effort. [:P]

Seems that NCFC are setting a trend. This from the palace offy site........

Lap Of Appreciation After Tonight''s Game

Posted on: Mon 26 Apr 2010

To celebrate the the final home game of the season the players and management will conduct a lap of appreciation after the final whistle this evening. This will give supporters the opportunity to show their appreciation for the efforts of the players during such a traumatic year for the Club and for the players and managment to reciprocate.

In the event that supporters enter the field of play the lap of appreciation will be cancelled and the opportunity missed for all .

The Club would ask all fans to remain in their seats after the final whistle.

[:S][:S]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Theres my video, the one already shot from the snakepit is better I must say though lol.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxAzeb7asI[:)][/quote]

lol @ that guy in the lower Barclay at 00:50 who gets pulled back by a steward right in front of the stand, good effort, good effort. [:P]

[/quote]Bout time they earned their money lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.[/quote]What''s football violence really got to do with it?  Women and children have always attended Carrow Road the Pathe news reels prove that.  The only thing that has changed is bloody health and safety BS and making sure the bloody club photographers get their shots so they can compile souvenir programmes/publications to flog to the supporters.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.[/quote]What''s football violence really got to do with it?  Women and children have always attended Carrow Road the Pathe news reels prove that.  The only thing that has changed is bloody health and safety BS and making sure the bloody club photographers get their shots so they can compile souvenir programmes/publications to flog to the supporters. [/quote]I am trying to point out that fan safety is obviously a far greater concern these days than in days gone by.Picture the scenario, loads of people on the pitch, big crush and someone gets seriously hurt.6 words :- "Wheres theres blame theres a claim"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.[/quote]What''s football violence really got to do with it?  Women and children have always attended Carrow Road the Pathe news reels prove that.  The only thing that has changed is bloody health and safety BS and making sure the bloody club photographers get their shots so they can compile souvenir programmes/publications to flog to the supporters. [/quote]I am trying to point out that fan safety is obviously a far greater concern these days than in days gone by.Picture the scenario, loads of people on the pitch, big crush and someone gets seriously hurt.6 words :- "Wheres theres blame theres a claim"[/quote]I do understand your point honestly, but if somebody decides to run onto the pitch and slip on their arse, it''s down to them to say, ''Fair enough it''s my fault''. If they do try it on, we have McNally to tell them to sod off and take personal responsibility.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.[/quote]What''s football violence really got to do with it?  Women and children have always attended Carrow Road the Pathe news reels prove that.  The only thing that has changed is bloody health and safety BS and making sure the bloody club photographers get their shots so they can compile souvenir programmes/publications to flog to the supporters. [/quote]I am trying to point out that fan safety is obviously a far greater concern these days than in days gone by.Picture the scenario, loads of people on the pitch, big crush and someone gets seriously hurt.6 words :- "Wheres theres blame theres a claim"[/quote]I do understand your point honestly, but if somebody decides to run onto the pitch and slip on their arse, it''s down to them to say, ''Fair enough it''s my fault''. If they do try it on, we have McNally to tell them to sod off and take personal responsibility.[/quote]But when the fancy lawyers get involved who know what could happen.I yearn for the day when we live in a "common sense" society where such things would be laughed out of court.But yeah, McNally would pay them a visit before the court date with a claw hammer tucked inside his jacket and "persuade" them it really wasn''t worth persuing.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]When we gained promotion in the early 80s many fans rushed onto the pitch.  Fans were hugging each other etc, interacting really not just still down clapping it was far more emotional.  Then Ken Brown cam back down the tunnel addressed the fans and if I remember many players took the mic and thanked the fans.To me then, and looking back.  It was a sort of role reversal fans on the pitch players and management looking at them. It''s something the modern fan ''doesn''t get''.[/quote]I don''t think its the case that the modern fan doesn''t "get" it but more the fact that football has changed.It used to a predominately male environment, it was edgy and violent, both on and off the pitch. Now it is more family orientated, and is meant to be safe and fun for women and children too.It has changed, its not going to change back, and people need to stop living in the past, yes we all have great memories of it but thats all they are. I bet people choose to forget being chased down dodgy underpasses in suburban squalor as away fans throw bottles at you lol.[/quote]What''s football violence really got to do with it?  Women and children have always attended Carrow Road the Pathe news reels prove that.  The only thing that has changed is bloody health and safety BS and making sure the bloody club photographers get their shots so they can compile souvenir programmes/publications to flog to the supporters. [/quote]I am trying to point out that fan safety is obviously a far greater concern these days than in days gone by.Picture the scenario, loads of people on the pitch, big crush and someone gets seriously hurt.6 words :- "Wheres theres blame theres a claim"[/quote]I do understand your point honestly, but if somebody decides to run onto the pitch and slip on their arse, it''s down to them to say, ''Fair enough it''s my fault''. If they do try it on, we have McNally to tell them to sod off and take personal responsibility.[/quote]But when the fancy lawyers get involved who know what could happen.I yearn for the day when we live in a "common sense" society where such things would be laughed out of court.But yeah, McNally would pay them a visit before the court date with a claw hammer tucked inside his jacket and "persuade" them it really wasn''t worth persuing.[:D][/quote]lol

There is nothing worse then a grass, you are well up there on the same bill as the Leeds morons who spat at the elderly and children.

I find this thread laughable, some of you are so unhappy about winning the league you have to whinge about other fans enjoying themselves, it''s pathetic you all sound like a group of miserable Daily Mail readers whats next on your whinge agenda? Writing a letter about swearing on the TV to Points of View or perhaps a rant at the village council about people walking on the green. No-one was hurt so I cannot see why someones little Timmys would be crying, but your probably raising the next set of performing arts students if their your kids. 

For God''s sake, a few kids ran on the pitch.  So what.

When is was in my late teens I had a long chat with the West Ham goalkeeper about the mayhem that was going on behind me in the Barclay.  I obviously know better now. 

What happened on Saturday was just silly little kids having a good time.  Think back to what you were like at that age before you pass judgement.

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]

There is nothing worse then a grass, you are well up there on the same bill as the Leeds morons who spat at the elderly and children.

I find this thread laughable, some of you are so unhappy about winning the league you have to whinge about other fans enjoying themselves, it''s pathetic you all sound like a group of miserable Daily Mail readers whats next on your whinge agenda? Writing a letter about swearing on the TV to Points of View or perhaps a rant at the village council about people walking on the green. No-one was hurt so I cannot see why someones little Timmys would be crying, but your probably raising the next set of performing arts students if their your kids. 

[/quote]

Can i just point out as the creator that the original reason for this thread was me asking what had actually happened because I wasn''t at the game and Radio 5 had reported that there was a pitch invasion...

ok cheers- and by the way i agree with you, football should stay as it was- not as it is now with all these expensive seats, snobby fans, complicated ticket services and droves of stewards...