Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

So there was a pitch invasion...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Why all the fuss? Because a few dozen people thought they mattered more than the 25000 others who were there and despite plenty of warning still went on the pitch. Such a blatantly selfish attitude is rather sad to see but pretty-much par for the course.[/quote]

Was ever a truer word spoken?

Just about sums our support up I''m afraid.

Still, at least it will get back to normal next season when we are sh*t again as there''s 600 of us at Burnley.

OTBC.

Oh FFS not another thread on this bollocks! I don''t know what''s worse the jester hat/silly wig brigade who seem so disgusted by such a minor pitch invasion, or the people who seem so obsessed with running around aimlessly on the pitch for a few minutes? We have just won the league so stop making such a big deal out of nothing.

I don''t think it was the actual pitch invasion itself that was boo''ed, but actually the repeated announcements on the speaker system telling the fans there would be no celebration if they didn''t return to their seats. That''s the vibe I got from the Jarrold stand anyway.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Oh FFS not another thread on this bollocks! I don''t know what''s worse the jester hat/silly wig brigade who seem so disgusted by such a minor pitch invasion, or the people who seem so obsessed with running around aimlessly on the pitch for a few minutes? We have just won the league so stop making such a big deal out of nothing.
[/quote]

Very well said

I''m sure there''s more people moaning about folk moaning about the invaders than there were people on the pitch! But to be fair, reading between the lines, most of those who "would of" unfortunately found themselves in the upper tiers. But despite all the ready made excuses and blaming of the "Tut Tutters" if thousands of people had really wanted to run on the pitch they would have done so.

Tw@ts on the pitch at the start of the season, and Tw@ts on the pitch at the end.  Not to mention the Asbo boy from the Snakepit and his schoolie chums

So some of our supporters are complete tits - as said elsewhere there are far more important things in the world to worry about....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m sure there''s more people moaning about folk moaning about the invaders than there were people on the pitch! But to be fair, reading between the lines, most of those who "would of" unfortunately found themselves in the upper tiers. But despite all the ready made excuses and blaming of the "Tut Tutters" if thousands of people had really wanted to run on the pitch they would have done so.

[/quote]That''s a shocker Nutty. I have never done a ''would of'' in my life.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Tw@ts on the pitch at the start of the season, and Tw@ts on the pitch at the end.  Not to mention the Asbo boy from the Snakepit and his schoolie chums

So some of our supporters are complete tits - as said elsewhere there are far more important things in the world to worry about....

[/quote]We had Tw@ts on the pitch all last season, so what''s new?

just my point of view, the pitch invasion(if you can call it that) should have been saved until the last game off the season, i say this because if say 8000 fans had gone the pitch, the pitch would have been ruined and we do still have one game left to play at carrow road

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That''s a shocker Nutty. I have never done a ''would of'' in my life.
[/quote]

But you have to consider which poster  ''would of''  if he hadn''t been in the upper tier[;)]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Why all the fuss? Because a few dozen people thought they mattered more than the 25000 others who were there and despite plenty of warning still went on the pitch. Such a blatantly selfish attitude is rather sad to see but pretty-much par for the course.[/quote]

[/quote]

Utter cr*p. Those that did get on the pitch voluntarily walked back off again and took their place in the stands after a couple of minutes so the players could come back out. Nothing was ruined for anyone. The fact this is even a talking point shows how PATHETIC a lot of our fans are. Wolves had a mass pitch invasion to clebrate a point keeping them up in the prem. We win the title and our own fans are booing and calling for people to be banned for a bit of over exuberence. If people get banned for this then frankly its just another nail in the coffin of the real football experience at Carrow Road.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

We had Tw@ts on the pitch all last season, so what''s new?
[/quote]

True FF - and we also had a few sitting in the managers position as well - Roeder, Grant, Gunn.....

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Utter cr*p. Those that did get on the pitch voluntarily walked back off again and took their place in the stands after a couple of minutes so the players could come back out. Nothing was ruined for anyone. The fact this is even a talking point shows how PATHETIC a lot of our fans are. Wolves had a mass pitch invasion to clebrate a point keeping them up in the prem. We win the title and our own fans are booing and calling for people to be banned for a bit of over exuberence. If people get banned for this then frankly its just another nail in the coffin of the real football experience at Carrow Road.

[/quote]Yep, spot on. The people booing and shouting Of Of Of, cringeworthy

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yep, spot on. The people booing and shouting Of Of Of, cringeworthy[/quote]I think I''d have been pretty embarrased looking back at that video if I were one of the ''invaders''...... [:$]"Hooray! I''m on the pitch! Look at me! Look at me! What now? Oh, may as well go back to my seat......."Now, THAT was cringeworthy......... [:$][:$]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yep, spot on. The people booing and shouting Of Of Of, cringeworthy[/quote]I think I''d have been pretty embarrased looking back at that video if I were one of the ''invaders''...... [:$]"Hooray! I''m on the pitch! Look at me! Look at me! What now? Oh, may as well go back to my seat......."Now, THAT was cringeworthy......... [:$][:$][/quote]Yeah, i agree. The people who went on the pitch must be pretty embarrassed, probably the most lame pitch invasion of all time if you can even call it that. Then the fans booing and chanting of of of is just as bad. Another big embarrasment all round by Norwich city fans.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, spot on. The people booing and shouting Of Of Of, cringeworthy
[/quote]

I think I''d have been pretty embarrased looking back at that video if I were one of the ''invaders''...... [:$]

"Hooray! I''m on the pitch! Look at me! Look at me! What now? Oh, may as well go back to my seat......."

Now, THAT was cringeworthy......... [:$]

[:$]
[/quote]

Yes maybe it was a bit but it was just a bit of overexuberence and once it became clear that there were not going to be thousands on the pitch and they were asked to go back to the stands by the stewards then they did so there was no harm done and I don''t understand why people are going off on one about it on here and the wrath to be honest. I can remeber getting on the pitch away at Grimsby years ago after Akinbiyi scored a last minute equaliser and findiong myself in the same position. You don''t know what to do when you get there and look a bit of a t*t but its all just harmless fun. I am sure that most of those people are season ticket holders who go week in, week out and for them to be depreived the chance to watch their team as a result of this would be crazy. Give them a written warning or something but talk of bans is hust stupid (unless someone beat up a steward or something.)

IMHO its a shame that there were not several thousand people on the pitch with the players/Lambo appearing in the directors box as happened at Crewe. Sadly we will never be able to do that at carrow Road as the stewarding is too tight and too many of our fans are happy, clappy idiots who think creating a good atmosphere involves wearing a wig and a tutu!

I''m reviewing the video now that I shot of it and I don''t think I''ll be uploading it to youtube, it really is the crappest pitch invasion ever!

Personally I think the club got this very wrong...

The question I would like to ask to ask those that objected so vehemently to the concept of a pitch invasion is this.

What would have been the harm in allowing a pitch ''invasion'' and have the players reappear at the Directors box to take the plaudits of the crowd?

How would that have resulted in...

a) this thread

b) fans struggling/fighting to get past stewards damaging that relationship for the future

c) police filming supporters further antagonising the crowd

d) deprived anyone from celebrating that wanted to

e) adversely affected the club in any way

f) made children cry (although this is one rather dubious accusation that I certainly didn''t witness - and I am a middle aged ''brainless half wit'' who sits in the Snake Pit)

g) had fans booing each other

The time for a ''lap of honour'' would have been the final match of the season, when everyone would want to see the cup paraded around the pitch, and having got the ''invasion'' over and done with, would not even be an issue.

Now, as it''s likely that there will be a second ''lap of honour'', possibly by armoured vehicle to protect everyone''s ''safety'', against Carlisle the issue will come up again leading to more hot air from both sides of the argument.

The whole debate is just another facet of how this country is going completely down the tubes in the face of political correctness / health and safety / nanny state / happy clappy  brigade and any other set of adjectives that could be said.

Instead we just get muted celebrations - it good to let your hair down once in a while you know!

[quote user="morty"]I''m reviewing the video now that I shot of it and I don''t think I''ll be uploading it to youtube, it really is the crappest pitch invasion ever!
[/quote]

Hahaha can''t even do that properly.  Oh well each to their own and im sure those that did invade the pitch, if you can call it that, were just excited.

It''s the sort of thing that has to be done spontaniously not arranged. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m reviewing the video now that I shot of it and I don''t think I''ll be uploading it to youtube, it really is the crappest pitch invasion ever![/quote]

Hahaha can''t even do that properly.  Oh well each to their own and im sure those that did invade the pitch, if you can call it that, were just excited.

[/quote]Yeah, has to be all or nothing!Changed my mind, I''m uploading it now, just wish I had zoomed in on the guy with a couple of stewards on top of him lol.

Will the people who went on the pitch get the same punishment as the 2 who did during the Colchester game at the start of the season?  I very much doubt it, but surely it''s the same offence!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m reviewing the video now that I shot of it and I don''t think I''ll be uploading it to youtube, it really is the crappest pitch invasion ever!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, has to be all or nothing!

Changed my mind, I''m uploading it now, just wish I had zoomed in on the guy with a couple of stewards on top of him lol.
[/quote]

Oh my, we will have fans taking the wet out of us even more lol

[quote user="dhickl"]Will the people who went on the pitch get the same punishment as the 2 who did during the Colchester game at the start of the season?  I very much doubt it, but surely it''s the same offence!!![/quote]There are different mitigating circumstances. The two at the beginning of the season actually entered the field of play during a game for a start.I would think that anyone who entered the pitch on Saturday will be fine UNLESS they used violent or abusive behaviour towards club stewards then the police will likely press charges.And I saw a few fans having some rough and tumble with the stewards, my youtube video I am uploading and will link in a while illustrates this(don''t worry, its not close enough to identify anyone on so I''m not dropping anyone in it, the police shot their own video for this purpose)

[quote user="dhickl"]Will the people who went on the pitch get the same punishment as the 2 who did during the Colchester game at the start of the season?  I very much doubt it, but surely it''s the same offence!!![/quote]The two at the beginning were angry.  The few Saturday were happy.  The reasons behind them doing it are poles apart.  Personally, it should be forgotten about what''s done can''t be changed.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m reviewing the video now that I shot of it and I don''t think I''ll be uploading it to youtube, it really is the crappest pitch invasion ever![/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, has to be all or nothing!Changed my mind, I''m uploading it now, just wish I had zoomed in on the guy with a couple of stewards on top of him lol.[/quote]

Oh my, we will have fans taking the wet out of us even more lol

[/quote]I very much doubt anyone other than City fans would be likely to watch it lol.