Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

So there was a pitch invasion...

Too many opinions in one thread- I''m all for pitch invasions I spose, but as Norwich are far to timid I''ll just hav 2 wait i''ll Cambridge have 1 (and that won''t be any time soon with the run their on!)

Oh and just to clarify I rarely go to Cambridge matches- only when their on different days too Naaarch!!!!

[quote user="Mushroom"]

What did you achieve apart from sh*tting yourselves when you saw PC Plod filming you guys? It was like watching a sheepdog rounding up a herd of sheep, you clearly have very little sense, and almost ruined the lap of celebration for the other 25,000 - absolutely pathetic.

Having said that, I thought the stewards and police deserve credit for the way they dealt with the situation.

[/quote]

Police deserving credit......what for? being able to stand with a camera?

It started as a wind up to the Snakepit stewards who were doing the same old story '' sit down lads'',actually it was pretty funny seeing the old bill and man in a jacket arses twitching .I really don''t that many were going to invade the pitch three year ban and all that,but hey we hav''nt had that many days at Carrow road to be a bit crazy have we.Brainless idiots no I don''t think so.

Its a pity the Plod with the camcorder  has not been outside Carrow Road all season after home games,he would have got plenty of footage of crazy drivers trying to take a few of us out on Carrow Bridge.

[quote user="city till i die"]none

put it this way, ticket holders have been with the club when we have been losing a watching shyte players - managers for the last few years,

for the club to take them away for celebrating promotion would be ridiculous and would be very embarrassing to the club.[/quote]I''m not saying they will or that they should but the Club are within their rights if they do.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I wonder how many that invaded the pitch will get their ST''s taken away? [/quote]

None, they ( about 40 ) were only on the pitch for a few minutes and went back to their stands fairly quickly so that the lap of honour could be done.

Cant see what all the fuss is about myself, they do it at other clubs, why do we always have to be different plus did they need to put that announcement over the tannoy so many times in the last 10 mins?

I, for one, applauded the fans who ran onto the pitch at full time.  A big 2 fingers up at "the man" I say, and that pathetic p.a announcement.  I remember a time when you could celebrate by running on the pitch, and have the players celebrating with you.  We''d just won the league f.f.s.  As for the people who boo''d them...come on you bunch of nancy boys.....

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (since I am pished), but the absence of warnings beforehand regarding it being a criminal offence to encroach on the pitch I would suggest no action will be taken against the snakepit 30. Lets face it, it was all a bit embarrasing and best forgotten.

The fact this is even being discussed and people are making suggestions that fans should have season tickets taken away is pathetic and embarrassing as is the fact that our own fans booed and shouted off, off, off. Just another sign of how sanitised Carrow Road and football in general have become. Many of our plastic fans simply don''t have a clue about traditional football culture and what its all about. Just about EVERY teams fans outside the premiership invade the pitch when their team gets promoted/wins the league. Most clubs don''t even bother to try and stop it. The fact so few of our fans felt they were able to do so says it all about our support to be honest but the fact 30 or 40 people ran on the pitch for 20 seconds or so before going back to their seats so the celebrations could continue would not even merit a mention at most clubs. It was harmless and barely an incident.

If anyone gets banned for running on the pitch then (unless they smacked a steward in the face or somethingto run on) it will be an utter joke and totally disproportionate to what is a minor and, in the circumstances I would say understandable indiscretion. i very much hope that the club takes a common sense approach on this occasion.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

What did you achieve apart from sh*tting yourselves when you saw PC Plod filming you guys? It was like watching a sheepdog rounding up a herd of sheep, you clearly have very little sense, and almost ruined the lap of celebration for the other 25,000 - absolutely pathetic.

Having said that, I thought the stewards and police deserve credit for the way they dealt with the situation.

[/quote]Well said lets try to squeeze every last ounce of passion out of the game!

A couple of the plod discussing this. Makes quite a bit of sense, (though I do think they should be out arresting real criminals, villains and international baddies rathewr than hiding indoors using the computer)

It is an arrestable offence to enter the field of play without lawful authority, and those convicted of doing so may also receive a football banning order in addition to the punishments decided by the courts.

"Additionally, match officials are required to report any pitch encroachments to the Football Association, which can lead to either substantial fines and/or points deductions."

While what you are saying is correct, and I am aware that the legislation deems the field of play to be so until one hour after the final whistle, I believe it is more intended to prevent individuals from entering the field of play to disrupt the match. Clearly there has to be a balance between upholding the legislation and allowing fans to celebrate a promotion at the end of a season. I have been involved in a mass pitch invasion when my team got through to Wembley a few years back. Players were being carried off on fans shoulders and the occasion was like a carnival.

Football is a passionate matter for fans, and while the law is there in my view discretion should be given to the circumstances of the pitch invasion before deciding whether or not to prosecute.

I saw one female steward try to take a bloke down, and failed he ran off towards the barclay she just gave up and looked rather peed about it. lol

all those bournemouth fans on the pitch celebrating with the players. Horrible horrible viewing. Thank god the scenes from carrow road were a little more controlled and civilised. If only supporters of other clubs would take our lead and realise standing and clapping is the appropriate way to celebrate. Bravo!!

Why was it that the club said no to a pitch invasion then do you think? Because our ground is unique in the sense that we fill it, unlike any other club that has a pitch invasion this year? The players felt unsafe? [:S] The mind boggles...

the bournemouth players and fans were both loving it tho which is all that matters at the end of the day.

[quote user="anon"]the bournemouth players and fans were both loving it tho which is all that matters at the end of the day.[/quote]But where would the City players have been at Carrow Road, i don''t recall there being a balcony like at the Pirelli stadium where the Bournemouth players were during their celebrations?

Did anyone else see the bournemouth fans and their pitch invasion. Looked perfectly fine. Enjoying themselves and the players diddnt seem to mind it. I reckon we can get a few people to get on the pitch at bristol rovers. Only a couple of thousand there and cant see there security being as strict as ours today

[quote user="fearofambition"]all those bournemouth fans on the pitch celebrating with the players. Horrible horrible viewing. Thank god the scenes from carrow road were a little more controlled and civilised. If only supporters of other clubs would take our lead and realise standing and clapping is the appropriate way to celebrate. Bravo!![/quote]Moan, moan, moan. [:''(] Pleb. 

Did anyone enjoy the celebrations today even though they didn''t go on the pitch?

Last time we won a Championship we went on the pitch at Crewe. Bournemouth went on the pitch at Burton. Newcastle went on at Plymouth, Rochdale went on at Rochdale. Fearofambition seems to have a fearofbehavinglikeabigclub. How many more fans are gutted because we aren''t Crewe, Plymouth, Burton or Rochdale.

Ambition is a funny old thing isn''t it...

[quote user="smiley"]I saw one female steward try to take a bloke down, and failed he ran off towards the barclay she just gave up and looked rather peed about it. lol[/quote]Female stewards [:@] Whatever next!

A pitch invasion today would have been pointless, we would have been celebrating the inevitable.

Our fans missed the chance for their pitch invasion at Charlton, as simple as that. A pitch invasion to celebrate gaining the 1 point out of 9 that we needed? Give over.

The fans should have been on the pitch at The Valley, it''s as simple as that, and I know two Charlton fans who both asked "why the hell didn''t you lot storm the pitch?"....

We got promoted a week ago, today was a formality, we missed our chance.... as simple as. A pitch invasion should never be pre-arranged, it should be as a result of a highly charged emotional moment, that moment was not Saturday 24th April.

Does anybody care about winning this tinpot league? I bloody well don''t, not worth a pitch invasion. Getting out of this division, on the other hand, IS. So again, I reiterate, our highly charged emotional pitch invasion - the time that they are acceptable - should have been at The Valley.

I am embarressed that our fans didn''t get on the pitch at The Valley. Those Snakepit lot would have gone down well with me at The Valley, today they were just irrelevants.

There was no ''pitch invasion'' the very word ''invasion'' suggests thousands of people swarming the pitch. It was more of a ''pitch infilitration''...... referring to it as anything else is embarressing.

We missed our opportunity for a pitch invasion at The Valley, an achievement actually worth celebrating, if you are bitter about missing it..... then just don''t miss your opportunity on the day that Lambert takes us to the Premiership.