Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Does Mike Dennis really think Gunn signed a load of good players?

I am led to believe that Mike Dennis said on Alan Brazil''s Talksport morning radio show last week  that Gunn signed a load of good players.

Did he really say that?

gees - Holt and Askou are good signings and Nelson is a solid Div 1 defender who has come on as the season progressed. Hughes may be regarded as ok by Div 1 standards but I am concerned as to whether he can handle the physical side of The Championship.

So that leaves us with question marks re.: Gill, Tudor Jones and Wiggins

and failures re.: Theo, Maric, Whalley and McVeigh.

So with Gunns signings its hardly a case of LOADS of good signings is it?

Was WLY a failure?

Not played by Gunn despite a good pre season but Lambert saw enough to use him in starting to turn the club around - and his experience kept him around teh squad including on the bench yest - when the likes of OTJ etc have not...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Was WLY a failure?

Not played by Gunn despite a good pre season but Lambert saw enough to use him in starting to turn the club around - and his experience kept him around teh squad including on the bench yest - when the likes of OTJ etc have not...[/quote]Whaley did play in the few games before lambert came in and i remember he was pretty apalling then. And considering he cost £200.000 is one of the worst signings gunn made in my opinion. If Lambert would have seen anything in him he would have kept him

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

gees - Holt and Askou are good signings and Nelson is a solid Div 1 defender who has come on as the season progressed. [/quote]

Surely on all known evidence Askou can''t be classed as a better signing than Nelson. Nelly has made me and many others eat our words this season. Don''t forget at the start of the season Doc and Nelly were first choice but the Colchester disaster meant Askou came in for Nelly.

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Was WLY a failure?

Not played by Gunn despite a good pre season but Lambert saw enough to use him in starting to turn the club around - and his experience kept him around teh squad including on the bench yest - when the likes of OTJ etc have not...[/quote]Whaley did play in the few games before lambert came in and i remember he was pretty apalling then. And considering he cost £200.000 is one of the worst signings gunn made in my opinion. If Lambert would have seen anything in him he would have kept him[/quote]

WLY is Paul McVeigh mate, not Simon Whaley.

Tudur Jones and Whaley together cost the same as Holt so frankly they were terrible buys! I remember thinking at he time when he bought Owain Tudur ones that it was a bad buy! Think it''s a bit harsh saying Mcdonald (25k) and Mcveigh (free and probably on tiny wages). Andwhen will people stop calling Nelson a League 1 division defender!!! We haven''t seen him in the championship yet so how can we know!?

[quote user="freddyf105"]

Tudur Jones and Whaley together cost the same as Holt so frankly they were terrible buys! I remember thinking at he time when he bought Owain Tudur ones that it was a bad buy! Think it''s a bit harsh saying Mcdonald (25k) and Mcveigh (free and probably on tiny wages). Andwhen will people stop calling Nelson a League 1 division defender!!! We haven''t seen him in the championship yet so how can we know!?

[/quote]

I''m sorry that looks lke it was written by an idiot (which to be fair it was!) I was trying to say Mcdonald and Mcveigh were not that bad, and that Nelson should get a chance in the championship before he is labelled a league 1 defender

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

gees - Holt and Askou are good signings and Nelson is a solid Div 1 defender who has come on as the season progressed. [/quote]

Surely on all known evidence Askou can''t be classed as a better signing than Nelson. Nelly has made me and many others eat our words this season. Don''t forget at the start of the season Doc and Nelly were first choice but the Colchester disaster meant Askou came in for Nelly.

[/quote]

Well remember where you read it first folks.....Nutty eating his own words!

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]

So by your reckoning freddy Tudor Jones and Whaley might just have been bought with the rebate money and not Holt.....now that is an interesting thought for some people to contemplate.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]

So by your reckoning freddy Tudor Jones and Whaley might just have been bought with the rebate money and not Holt.....now that is an interesting thought for some people to contemplate.

[/quote]Why?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well they cost the same as Holt, tho I''m pretty sure that rebate money was specifically spent on Holt- but just think, if Fougler hadn''t promised that money etc. would we have bought Whaley and T.J and not Holt? scary thought!!

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]I wouldn''t take too much notice of Mike Denness. Personally I thought he was the worst England captain we ever had.[/quote]

He was a Scottish  English Cricket Captain too[:S]

and the players he retained...?

i thin gunn done well to be honest .considering we just got relegated with hardly no team left and no budget after relegation .

i do the think the big man deserves a bit more credit than the constant grief he still seems to get .

[quote user="singing canary"]well if someone starts a thread every week on gunn bashing ,what do you exspect..?[/quote]Sorry, but look back at the thread and read it again, I don''t see a whole lot of Gunn bashing if I''m honest.