Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Doc's problem

I often feel that the Doc rarely gets the appreciation he deserves having been a very good servant to this club. Not perfect but gives his all and has not had a bad season yet..now here is my question:

Would people be as quick to get on his back when things are going badly if he was good looking? Is it cos he is ginger and not exactly beautiful that he lacks popularity?

No that''s retarded, people get on his back because he sometimes does stupid things like hug people and bring them down when there is no need and he isn''t the most comfortable on the ball.

It''s got nothing to do with looks or any superficial stuff like that, it''s purely because some of us simply don''t rate the guy that much.I''ve seen bear-hugging/grappling, awful decision making, woeful headers, at times the seeming pace of snail, passes forward that belong only on a rugby pitch and general errors that have cost us badly.He reminds me a bit of Titus Bramble, in that he can be having an excellent game, making strong tackles and looking like a class defender, only for him to seemingly lose concentration of what''s going on, make an awful tackle/clearance etc and end up costing a goal.The point is that if he didn''t have this error-prone side to his game, he''d be a top class defender at a premiership side, what we''ve instead got is a flawed diamond that looks more prone to further cracks the higher the level he''s played at. This is also arguably the reason why no other club has taken the gamble on his services.

[quote user="morty"]Did the Doc nail your missus or something Indy?[/quote]Oddly enough I was going to ask if he was your life partner...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]Did the Doc nail your missus or something Indy?[/quote]Oddly enough I was going to ask if he was your life partner...[/quote]I''m not gay, so no.Fact is about 95% of your entire posts have either been about how we should have given Theo another chance or how awful Docherty is.Obsessed much?

It''s not his physical ugliness that upsets people, it''s his ugly & untidy playing style that offends them. Dejan was a much more cultured player, & his attributes appreciated by many; how many penalties did he give away in his short NCFC career? I know he got 1 red & 2 yellows in 12 matches ...

Urban myth -

The Docs cr8p!

In reality in over 200 games for us most of them have been good performances!

The Docs slow!

Ridulous comment. In reality hes fast and rarely gets beaten for pace. Has in the past outpaced very fast strikers!

As for Stefanovic - Yes he had a good career and looked good but defensively he wasn''t as good as Shackel and Doherty were last season. He should also of been sent of in his 1st game for us at Coventry last season when he was the last man and took a Coventry player down but the ref bottled it and only booked him.

Last season showed that all this Doc knocking is bulls*it cause messrs Stefanovic and Kennedy were bought in cause they were meant to be a step up from what we had but in the end neither combined done as much as the Doc did last season injuries or not!

The inclusion of the Doc in the League 1 team of the year voted by players proves my point that hes one of the best CBs in this Division and will be capable of doing well in the Championship which he has before!

I think that this must win the award of ''Most Pointless Post of the Season'' (and that''s in the face of some serious competition from the likes of Banana and Brendo). 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]The inclusion of the Doc in the League 1 team of the year voted by players proves my point that hes one of the best CBs in this Division and will be capable of doing well in the Championship which he has before![/quote]No-one''s arguing about whether or not he''s one of the best CB''s in this division.Let''s face it, if a former Premiership player can''t perform at League One level, then football is even more screwed up than we think. What''s more, performance at League One level does not guarantee or prove ability at a higher level, it simply proves they are more than good enough for the level they are playing at.Out of interests, can you please point those of us who don''t rate Doc that highly in the direction of the seasons in the CCC where he has done well previously, because I can''t think of a single season where this has been the case. I''m not talking about individual games, or particular tackles etc, but a season where he consistently performed strongly for us in the CCC, maybe with a few good examples to illustrate this reasoning?His whole problem is the ability to make truly awful errors either in judgment or techincal performance, which lead to problems and often goals conceded. If he didn''t have this aspect to his game he''d be in the prem, but he does and you''re always nervous and waiting for this to happen in a game.

My point is not that anyone is gay! Good looking people of both sexes get on well in every walk of life. My point is that whilst your criticisms are sometimes fair I feel he is unfairly singled out...why? Sure he makes mistakes but so do all our defenders- yet this board is quicker to round on him than on others even though he is one of our better players. So why? I threw the ugly stick card in to get things started...

Many centre halves get better with age as they gain experience. Like anyone confidence is a factor and after the first few games this season he has been great. He was far from our worst player in the previous 2 season either. No one questions Lamberts judgement and he is no fool. If he picks the Doc that is good enough for me, likewise if he finds better so be it