Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Tribunal Day is upon us.......

MacNally has aleady said "if Celtic asked we would say NO" but would we think it fair if Lambert spoke to celtic, resigned from us in the morning and joined them in the afternoon?

With that point, didn''t Cowling originally say no to permission to speak to Lambert, but in the end say yes?

As for a points deduction, there might be a risk, yes, but none of us know the ins and outs. We''ll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few days/weeks.

I doubt it will what most are expecting.

The club and McNally in particular ARE NOT fools. They would have known their perimeters way back in August. Known how they could achieve their aim of securing Lambert within the rules if not the spirit of those rules.

Any fine would be more in line with compensating Colchester. The act as a recognition of loss not what Colchester would get. In that light City would have been advised to make an offer of compensation that covered any loss.

Cowling''s case seems to be a bit confused. he says the offer of compensation was not enough, if that is the case then that is all the tribunal will be dealing with.

If as elsewhere ity was an illegal approach then their should not have been any talk of compensation until that illegality is sorted out.

ie you cannot claim someone has stolen your car whilst at the same time the money the ''supposed thief'' offered for it was not enough.

I would be very much surprised if this was any more than a squabble over compensation ie paying off Lambert''s (and others) contracts.

there will be no points deduction... If we were docked enough points to put us in the playoffs for example i think Huddersfields Lawyers would be writing a very strong letter to the FA.

another thing, Cowling has said publically that Lambert resigned from his post.. ergo he was free to speak to and join whoever he wanted.

case closed.

[quote user="UEAstudent"]I think Purple has it spot on.

There must be a risk that we will be docked points.

I think we were demanding the same when Walker went to Everton.

IF Lambert was tapped up and joined Ipswich in the summer would we say - fair enough "thats football" or would be all be baying for blood.

MacNally has aleady said "if Celtic asked we would say NO" but would we think it fair if Lambert spoke to celtic, resigned from us in the morning and joined them in the afternoon?[/quote]I must stress again that I don''thave a clue what the outcome will be in this case. But sooner or later some club is going to be docked points. Some aggrieved club will come up with cast-iron proof (mobile phone records or emails or whatever) and the authorities will use that to make an example.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]there will be no points deduction... If we were docked enough points to put us in the playoffs for example i think Huddersfields Lawyers would be writing a very strong letter to the FA.[/quote]

I think you have been celebrating too hard Jas! That makes no sense! Docking us even 15 points wouldn''t effect Huddersfields position.

As I understand it, a Tribunal arbitrates. It does not issue punishments.

The matter to be decided is just the amount of compensation due to Colchester.

Some legal beaver correct me if I am wrong.

I think it will be a very hefty fine, which Delia and Michael plus Michael Foulger would most likely pay anyway, so I wouldn''t have thought it would see the club any poorer.

Frankly, I don''t care what happens. We have a great manager, we''re promoted. Colchester f****d up there chances. Happy days.

I don''t see how they can deduct points when the bookies have already paid out for us winning the league... [<:o)]

Here''s one for you...

Were the club to be issued a hefty fine would you contribute to paying that fine given the job Lambert and his team have done this season?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think it will be a very hefty fine, which Delia and Michael plus Michael Foulger would most likely pay anyway, so I wouldn''t have thought it would see the club any poorer.

Frankly, I don''t care what happens. We have a great manager, we''re promoted. Colchester f****d up there chances. Happy days.[/quote]And I bet now, whatever the figure. City will spin, ''We offered them a similar amount in the first place''.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Here''s one for you...

Were the club to be issued a hefty fine would you contribute to paying that fine given the job Lambert and his team have done this season?

[/quote]Bol***ks!!!! They broke the rules.  The club has preached to the fans enough about the rules[;)]  Ask the Col U two.

Here''s one for you...

[/quote]

I think we would - even if we were fined a million pounds it was still good business from the club - if it was a striker we bought for a million and he had the same impact on our season we would be saying he was a bargan.

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t see how they can deduct points when the bookies have already paid out for us winning the league... [<:o)][/quote]

Whats that got to do for it?  Do the League really care if bookies have already paid out?

As for the paranoia - NOONE has it ''in for'' Norwich.  But if we''ve broken the rules we have to accept a punishment - which could - theoretically - include a points deduction.  Where the league wont make an issue is docking enough points to throw the Championship or promotion out of the window - becuase it opens the door to legal challenges and possible delays in producing fixtures next year.  My own thought is if they DO dock points, it will be no more than 3, more likely 1 or 2 - enough to keep status quo, but enough of a warning to other clubs

As for Celtic - well theyre in the Scottish League - so nothing to do with us

No. There is no precedent, if the Football League were that worried about the issue they would have called a hearing ages ago, and we obviously think we have a good case other wise we would have made a huge settlement when the clubs met way back when to discuss the issue.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Here''s one for you...

[/quote]

Bol***ks!!!! They broke the rules.  The club has preached to the fans enough about the rules[;)]  Ask the Col U two.
[/quote]

agreed.

Would you pay a parking ticket for a mate because they parked on a double yellow line? or would you think them a silly sod and tell them not t do it again?

"Bol***ks!!!! They broke the rules"

In your tiny mind perhaps. To the rest of us we will wait and see what is stated happened.

And as SoB says if it had have been a serious breach warranting points deduction etc it would not have been left so long.

Most of this has been ''sabre rattling'' from Cowling to try and grab more money. Let''s hope for his sake that he has not misjudged this and carried his bluff too far. It Col Utd are not warded more than was offered by City then he stands to cough up both sets of costs. Remember how resolute the club were over the News of the World stuff. i don''t think we have a club that is silly enough to allow things to go to a tribunal without knowing they had a good case. ie they had offered a fair price.

I would also be suprised if we mere mortals were actually told the exact details of any settlement.

[quote user="City1st"]"Bol***ks!!!! They broke the rules"

In your tiny mind perhaps. To the rest of us we will wait and see what is stated happened.

And as SoB says if it had have been a serious breach warranting points deduction etc it would not have been left so long.

Most of this has been ''sabre rattling'' from Cowling to try and grab more money. Let''s hope for his sake that he has not misjudged this and carried his bluff too far. It Col Utd are not warded more than was offered by City then he stands to cough up both sets of costs. Remember how resolute the club were over the News of the World stuff. i don''t think we have a club that is silly enough to allow things to go to a tribunal without knowing they had a good case. ie they had offered a fair price.

I would also be suprised if we mere mortals were actually told the exact details of any settlement.[/quote]Are you a tw@t in real life or just on here?I couldn''t give a crap how Lambert got here.  If it''s decided he arrived by means of a foul, that''s for idiots like you to decide whether you should pay the fine for the club.  You probably would I guess.BTW nick me a couple of 40 inch plasmas, don''t worry if you get caught we''ll have a whip around to pay your fine.

The long and short of it is, we bent the rules, we all know we did.And its all about just how much savvy MacNally used in doing it as to how much we get away with it.

Am I a Norwich fan? Yes. Am I a season ticket holder? yes. Do i think the job Lambert has done this year is utterly fantastic? Yes. Would I contribute my money to any fine we were given? No.

Here''s one for you...

[/quote]

Good question , depended on how much and what was said but i''d consider it.

[quote user="morty"]The long and short of it is, we bent the rules, we all know we did.

And its all about just how much savvy MacNally used in doing it as to how much we get away with it.
[/quote]

We may have bent the rules but did we break them? [;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]The long and short of it is, we bent the rules, we all know we did.And its all about just how much savvy MacNally used in doing it as to how much we get away with it.[/quote]

[/quote]Honest answer? Yeah I think we probably did. It all depends on how much savvy was used, how much was actually put into writing.If it was all verbal and its our word against Cowlings then nothing conclusive can really be proved either way. And lets remember, unless we are actually proven to have acted improperly then Cowling will get nothing by way of compo.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t see how they can deduct points when the bookies have already paid out for us winning the league... [<:o)][/quote]

Whats that got to do for it?  Do the League really care if bookies have already paid out?

As for the paranoia - NOONE has it ''in for'' Norwich.  But if we''ve broken the rules we have to accept a punishment - which could - theoretically - include a points deduction.  Where the league wont make an issue is docking enough points to throw the Championship or promotion out of the window - becuase it opens the door to legal challenges and possible delays in producing fixtures next year.  My own thought is if they DO dock points, it will be no more than 3, more likely 1 or 2 - enough to keep status quo, but enough of a warning to other clubs

As for Celtic - well theyre in the Scottish League - so nothing to do with us

[/quote]

I would have thought it pretty obvious that if we are deducted enough points then Leeds or Millwall would be deemed to have won the league, and thus the bookies would have to pay out on one of them also. Personally, I believe that ant points deduction would be taken off next year''s tally rather than this.   

I can''t see how they could dock us points next season. It would be the clubs in our league this season that might feel agreved if we have done anything wrong.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]The long and short of it is, we bent the rules, we all know we did.

And its all about just how much savvy MacNally used in doing it as to how much we get away with it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Honest answer? Yeah I think we probably did. It all depends on how much savvy was used, how much was actually put into writing.

If it was all verbal and its our word against Cowlings then nothing conclusive can really be proved either way. And lets remember, unless we are actually proven to have acted improperly then Cowling will get nothing by way of compo.
[/quote]

lol I can''t imagine Delia breaking any rules or even bending them, she''s much too much of a goody two shoes to allow that to happen under her watch surely?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]The long and short of it is, we bent the rules, we all know we did.And its all about just how much savvy MacNally used in doing it as to how much we get away with it.[/quote]

[/quote]Honest answer? Yeah I think we probably did. It all depends on how much savvy was used, how much was actually put into writing.If it was all verbal and its our word against Cowlings then nothing conclusive can really be proved either way. And lets remember, unless we are actually proven to have acted improperly then Cowling will get nothing by way of compo.[/quote]

lol I can''t imagine Delia breaking any rules or even bending them, she''s much too much of a goody two shoes to allow that to happen under her watch surely?

[/quote]She has The prince of Darkness McNally to do the dirty business now (Including taking Sunday "newspapers" to task)

Delia says "Frigging hell David, Gunny is cocking this right up, we''re proper bolloxed unless we sort this out sharpish"David says "I have a plan Delia, its maybe a little iffy but I reckon I can crack a few heads to make it happen"Delia says "Do it, the fans are already after my head, I don''t want to know details just make sure the bodies are properly disposed of and it doesn''t cost us too much"David says "Excellent" (and drums his fingers together in a Mr Burns stylee.)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Honest answer? Yeah I think we probably did. It all depends on how much savvy was used, how much was actually put into writing.If it was all verbal and its our word against Cowlings then nothing conclusive can really be proved either way. And lets remember, unless we are actually proven to have acted improperly then Cowling will get nothing by way of compo.[/quote]Disagree we broke the rules, but agree with your last statement.Cowling originally confirmed he gave us permission to speak to Lambert, but then contradicted himself when he realised he''d shot himself in the foot.  There''s no case to answer there, clearly - it''s on their website.I wouldn''t be at all surprised if he did make all sorts of conditions regarding agreeing compensation before we took Lambert.  This will have been made null and void by Lambert deciding his employer was being unreasonable and tending his resignation.  A perfectly normal thing to do, and again no case for the club to answer.I''m fairly sure (but am more than happy to be corrected by a legal eagle) that Cowling not accepting that resignation is against EU employment rules.  To then turn round and say "Well we''ve got a better manager anyway" can only damage his claim for a large compensation.Put it into a business world point of view.  People are headhunted, then resign and go and work for a bigger employer with greater prospects and a higher wage all the time.