Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Chris Martin to Spurs Rumours Yesterday

There were rumours flying about yesterday (in the pinkun live text thing) that Spurs are interested in Chris Martin. That they were sending scouts to the game yesterday to have him watched - how anyone would know that detail I don''t know.

Could there be any truth in this or is it just a load of old tripe?

I suppose with success, there are bound to be rumours and players linked with moves- Holt, C Martin, Hoolahan and Lambert of course.

If you look at history it always happens, if the team, manager or a player is doing well.  Just look at the number of times Chris Sutton was sold before he actually went.

I saw this rumour written on a bus stop advertisment board.. I''ll try and find a picture of a similar type ad board..Here ya go:[img]http://horsemeat.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/eatTripe.jpg[/img]

What more does he have to do to convince some of you? Fact of the matter is, he''s scored 20 goals, is still only aged 21 and is by far the best finisher and free kick taker we''ve seen since Dean Ashton was here and fully fit. He''s a good player - and it would be no surprise if someone of Tottenham''s calibre was interested.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]No chance. I think he might struggle to get in our team in the championship next season so hes not going to get in a premiership team. OTBC[/quote]

Personaly I think he will score more goals than Holt next season, mark my word.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]What more does he have to do to convince some of you? Fact of the matter is, he''s scored 20 goals, is still only aged 21 and is by far the best finisher and free kick taker we''ve seen since Dean Ashton was here and fully fit. He''s a good player - and it would be no surprise if someone of Tottenham''s calibre was interested.[/quote]

But premier league?  Not yet, he''d get eaten alive

[quote user="CallsignViper"]I''m with you on that one Boyo![/quote]

Tank You! [:)] He is a better finisher, got more potential,still learning, scores free kicks.  Grant Holt gets all his goals from sheer hard work agaisnt poor defences, in the Championship that is not good enough.  Martin gets his goals through talent and lethal finishing, his goal agaisn''t Leeds being the prime example.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]No chance. I think he might struggle to get in our team in the championship next season so hes not going to get in a premiership team. OTBC[/quote]

Joking aren''t you! Martin will be integral to the side next season. Lambert knows that and will be building the team around him, Holt and Hoolahan.

Super Chris''s biggest asset is that he has a lethal finish... it doesn''t matter what league you play in when you can boot them like Super Chris does then you''re always going to score...What remains to be seen is whether he''ll be able to reguarly get himself into positions where he can give himself a chance at finishing.

Why is it, generally we think Lambert walks on water.  Lambert reckons Martin is one of the best young players he''s seen in years,  but some people think Martin will struggle next year.IMO Martin will score 20 next season. And Holt something similar.  Reason is, Martin will score free kicks and skill goals.  Holt will still ''hussle & bustle'' goals, but won''t get quite as many purely because defenders will be slightly better.

We all know Martin has potential and without his goals we would not have gone up this season, but there is a huge difference between that and the premiership. When did a premiership club last buy a league 1 striker, not very often. Added to that Martin is not the finished article. he is home grown and we want him to do well. He is a good finisher but lacks pace and he work rate varies a lot from game to game. I would not have put him in the top 6 league 1 strikers this season

It would not surprise me.

Do Spurs(or whoever) take a bit of a punt on him now and get him for £2/3 m.  Or wait, and potentially miss out or have to pay double at the end of next season if he has a good season in the Championship.

His age, his goals, his finishing, his potential, I would not be surprised if other teams were looking at him.  I couldn''t really see him going to Spurs to be honest, but someone like Fulham, I think he would do quite well under Hodgson once he had been nurtured for a year or two.

I''m guessing they are looking at him from a future standpoint. I think once they''d signed him they''d just sent him out on loan first anyway. Actually, I''d be happy to eventually sell him but keep him for a years loan provided we could get a decent replacement.He''s been a revelation for us this season and I wouldn''t put it past him to score just as many goals for us next season.

[quote user="Superflash"]I''m guessing they are looking at him from a future standpoint. I think once they''d signed him they''d just sent him out on loan first anyway. Actually, I''d be happy to eventually sell him but keep him for a years loan provided we could get a decent replacement.

He''s been a revelation for us this season and I wouldn''t put it past him to score just as many goals for us next season.
[/quote]

Talking to his brother, he confirmed what I thought, COBBLERS

He has a long way to go before he is Premiership material, but if we can get a few million for him let''s take it. We can then take him back for peanuts when Spurs realise he is not good enough at that level.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Superflash"]I''m guessing they are looking at him from a future standpoint. I think once they''d signed him they''d just sent him out on loan first anyway. Actually, I''d be happy to eventually sell him but keep him for a years loan provided we could get a decent replacement.

He''s been a revelation for us this season and I wouldn''t put it past him to score just as many goals for us next season.
[/quote]

Talking to his brother, he confirmed what I thought, COBBLERS

[/quote]

That''s what I thought, it''s coming up to silly season now lol

its 100 % true we are swapping him for Robbie Keane, my friends sisters brothers, mums, dads, cousins, neices, nephew is a source at the club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]my friends sisters brothers, mums, dads, cousins, neices, nephew is a source at the club.[/quote]Sounds like a Norfolk Orgy.

Martin to Spurs? No chance. I have my doubts about Chris sometimes at this level. I know he''s scored plenty this season, but only seems to score when Holt or Hoolahan are in the team. As someone said before Robbie Keane can''t get in the team at Spurs. He''s miles better than Chris Martin. No chance. Absolute rubbish.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Martin to Spurs? No chance. I have my doubts about Chris sometimes at this level. I know he''s scored plenty this season, but only seems to score when Holt or Hoolahan are in the team. As someone said before Robbie Keane can''t get in the team at Spurs. He''s miles better than Chris Martin. No chance. Absolute rubbish.[/quote]

He only scores when Holt & Hoolahan re in the team? Do you mean when they''re both in the team? Becuase he scored vs Brentford with no Holt & against Leeds with no Wes, secondly... How many games has he actually played with neither of them in the side??

3 at most i''d imagine.

Sorry JAS, you are talking B*ll*cks.

The bloke in the pub told me they offered Keane but we turned him down.

Apparently we are doing a straight swap - Crouch for Martin plus a signed copy of Delia''s latest cook book, and Roman Pavlyuchenko on a season long loan, with an option to buy for £1 and her secret pasta sauce recipe if he looks like he might be good enough to wear the shirt long term.