Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty eight of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend and reigning Champion PUP Inch High in charge and making the final selections. Now Inchy is a real Free Bet Hero having won our PUPs League last season where he picked correctly in 35 of the 40 weeks. This season Inchy hasn’t quite repeated that but has still been very consistent with a strike rate of 76%. He comes into his week in charge in outstanding form having napped correctly in seven of the last eight weeks. But my friend Bernie is not just a top picker but he’s a top guy as well. I first met Bernie and his wife Dawn last summer and they are great company. Hopefully they will be able to make the next Picker’s Meet and some more of you get the opportunity to meet them. Even though he’s one of our very best pickers, and has a trophy to prove it, Inchy will still need all our help if he is to get us another win for the academy. So we need to find our very best naps to give him plenty to consider.

It’s getting very exciting in so many leagues now with teams battling for Championships, promotions and survival. Our PUPs League is getting just as interesting. While Mr Bump increased his lead at the top last weekend it’s become very tight in the chasing pack. Now thanks to our good friend Tilly and his monster flag the top five PUPs will have an important job to do this summer. They are going to be entrusted with £10 each to invest with Billy on the World Cup with the winnings being added to our total for FONCY. The idea will be that each of the top five selects a country to win and either six group winners or six results from the group stages. This will give us PUPs an extra interest while the World Cup is being played.

Friday 28th May has been suggested for our end of season PUPs Meet. I was thinking we could make it a bit of a “Promotion Party” too. Now I know this is Bank Holiday weekend but that may be better for some of you. Anyway, give me your thoughts one way or another with your selections this week.

That’s it for now so I’ll hand the free bet over to Inch High. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get X2 by your name into the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away Bernie ... the free bet is yours.......................

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £839 for the Academy,so far.

win this week

spurs to beat man utd !

also bale to score the 2nd for spurs [;)]

very un expected but both have something to play for and spurs have been on a great run...

good luck IH

Off to Portugal again this week

Benfica  v  Olhanense  (home win)

best of luck one and all  [*]

nutty I''m not what you would call a "sociable pup" but hope the meet goes well, whenever it is [Y]

No brainer for me this week:

Barcelona (top) v Xerez (bottom) looks a nailed on home banker. Best of luck Inchy (we short people have to stick together!) and all you Pups.

Nutty, I''m away in Scotland on 28th. Are there any alternatives?

BAYER LEVERKUSEN   - v - Hannover    HOME WIN

Good Luck Inchy and all you Lovely PUPs[:)][Y]

[<:o)] I will be down in Hampshire for the Bank Holiday NN so hope you can come up with an alternative date....if it''s not possible never mind. Hope Moo will be able to make it [<:o)]

Of course Beaus. It was a date suggested to me. I''m away for 2 weeks from May 11th. How about June 4th as an alternative and you PUPs give me your favoured one.

Cherub - that''s a real shame because you''d be very welcome.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Of course Beaus. It was a date suggested to me. I''m away for 2 weeks from May 11th. How about June 4th as an alternative and you PUPs give me your favoured one.

[/quote]

June 4th is good for me[Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

June 4th is good for me[Y]

[/quote]

It''s ok for me too[:D]

Norwich to beat Gillingham.

June 4th is good for me - I''ll be turning 30 three days later for those who like giving presents....

Top v Bottom in the Czech Republic.Sparta Prague v Bohemiams Prague. Home Win.Sparta are top, unbeaten in the league after 25 games. Bohemiams are 4-2-19 this season and were also deducted 20 points after refusing to play a match. As a result they are 27 points adrift of second bottom.Best of luck Inchy.NN - I should be in reading both weekends so wont be around. Outside chance I could make 4th June, but unlikely.

Thanks for the super intro Nutty[:D]As in the past each and every selection will be given due consideration and looked into in great detail in hope hope of finding another winning week for the academy.I will be posting my final selections on Friday evening and wish all this weeks pups the best of luck with their own ones. If yours is not selected then rest assured it was at some point considered. Now lets go raid Billy Dixons wallet.[Y]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

June 4th is good for me - I''ll be turning 30 three days later for those who like giving presents....

[/quote]

June the 4th is an all ticket affair, but your face is your ticket Pete.

I must warn you though all tickets must be punched. [;)]

Barcelona to win for me this week, as Beauseant says, it looks absolutely nailed on.

June 4th is good for me NN, looking forward to my first PUPs meet, if that date is chosen.

Good luck Inchy and all PUPs.

MC

I usually like to pick matches no one else has selected for the sake of diversity, and while my heart screams to jump on the Barcelona wagon, I will go elsewhere this week. I will select  Benfica HOME WIN over Olhanense.  Best of luck.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I usually like to pick matches no one else has selected for the sake of diversity, and while my heart screams to jump on the Barcelona wagon, I will go elsewhere this week. I will select  Benfica HOME WIN over Olhanense.  Best of luck.
[/quote]

if everyone picked the same then the final picker would struggle though [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I usually like to pick matches no one else has selected for the sake of diversity, and while my heart screams to jump on the Barcelona wagon, I will go elsewhere this week. I will select  Benfica HOME WIN over Olhanense.  Best of luck.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not if they had your brand new Ipod ''Nana.

BOLTON need points to survive and Portsmouth are already down and trying not to get injuries ahead of the FA Cup final.  So Bolton to beat Portsmouth looks pretty good to me.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not if they had your brand new Ipod ''Nana.

[/quote]

its broken [:''(] it just won''t turn on so its going back - get a new one [;)]

why do you seem so addicted with my ''brand new ipod''?

i think EVERTON will beat a tired fulham after their long midweek euro trip this week

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Barcelona to beat Xerez[/quote]Sorry scrap that, I didn''t realise that Beau was one of the people chasing me so picking the same isn''t very sportsmanlike!Chelsea to beat Stoke

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

I thought you were older than that Pete.

Sorry [:$]

A bit of a disaster for me last week with Barcelona held to 0-0 but i will give them another chance this week so it''s a home win for BARCELONA v Xerez please Nutty.Blimey 1/12 against 22/1 must be a dead cert.Anyway good luck Inchy.

June 4th is looking good at the moment. That''s probably better for me too.

Hissing Sid left his selections for me to look after before he went away. This weekend he went for :-

Norwich City     V     Gillingham     Home Win

And of course Sid left his best wishes to Inchy and all you PUPs.