Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Generalissmo Delia has indicated that the BIG PUSH is on!

Kieran Brady: What do you think is a realistic target for next season?

Delia: With Paul and his team, and the squad we will assemble for next year. all I can say is we are going to go for it - and with player recruitment being a key part of that, we''re hoping to have some exciting news regarding the appointment of a chief scout shortly.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the right idea, lets have a big push at getting promoted again next season.....with the team spirit we have and the fans excited, this is the time to throw everything but the kitchen sink at it.

I doubt Lambert would accept anything less.....Good to hear though, but it may depend on whether Bowkett and McNally can sweet-talk the banks again.  Momentum is such an important thing in football and at long last ours is positive rather than negative- let`s keep it up!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I presume that means we''re not follwoing the Charlton model anymore [:O][/quote]

We''re following the Bowkett - McNally - Lambert model....get promoted as fast as possible.....get rid of the debt

....build the upper part of the city stand and build a Premership team.

Forward march!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I actually have no idea if you are being sarcastic or not.[:|][/quote]

I am being serious.

Somewhere it was mentioned that we are after 7 to 8 players.....that sounds like a

serious attempt at promotion to me.

[/quote]Oh right, okay, just thought I''d check lol.I hate the summer with all the speculation etc, and I remember how stupidly positive I was last summer too.I trust Lambert, and I''m pretty sure the board do too, we don''t want to blow this chance.I personally would like to at least see a striker, a goalkeeper and something a bit better quality in midfield, including a right winger, defensively I don''t think we''re too far away with what we have.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I doubt Lambert would accept anything less.....Good to hear though, but it may depend on whether Bowkett and McNally can sweet-talk the banks again.  Momentum is such an important thing in football and at long last ours is positive rather than negative- let`s keep it up![/quote]

Remember Bowkett said at the NCFC Plc AGM. that he was going to try and sell part of the land.........well if he does I wonder if the plan is to pay off the £2.5m land related loan and the rest goes towards Lambert''s team building?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I actually have no idea if you are being sarcastic or not.

[:|]
[/quote]

I am being serious.

Somewhere it was mentioned that we are after 7 to 8 players.....that sounds like a

[/quote]

Oh right, okay, just thought I''d check lol.

I hate the summer with all the speculation etc, and I remember how stupidly positive I was last summer too.

I trust Lambert, and I''m pretty sure the board do too, we don''t want to blow this chance.

I personally would like to at least see a striker, a goalkeeper and something a bit better quality in midfield, including a right winger, defensively I don''t think we''re too far away with what we have.
[/quote]

Well if its 7 to 8 players I wonder if its going to be:

Goalkeeper - hopefully Forster back on loan

Full Back

left midfield

central midfield

midfield (possibly the 8th player)

a winger who can play for 90 minutes

a target man understudy to Holt

another striker proven at The Championship level

-----------------------

Offload: 

McVeigh and Cureton - out of contract

Gill

Tudor Jones - where has he disappeared to? Seems the classic Norwich goodbye tactic - not on the bench

-------------------------

Try and loan out for regular football:

McDonald

Possibly Oli

Daley

------------------------

I noticed Stephens (on loan) was on the bench at Lincoln recently.

Whilst I don''t decry the need for a bit more quality in the team, I would still like the nucleus to contain a fair amount of the players currently here, we have built a good team spirit that has carried us through in some games.I would refer you back to Mr Worthington''s mistake of getting shot of our two most experienced and influential players after we won promotion last time.

I have been fantastically happy with all the outpourings from our Chairman and Chief Executive. Businessmen with a successful record and it shows with the progress of our club.

I have heard all this from Delia before. Sorry folks when the two main people on the board speak, I listen but only then.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]all I can say is we are going to go for it....

and the fans excited.........[/quote]You can see what happens when Tangy gets excited........

OUT COME THOSE BLOODY CRAYONS! [:$]

Kieran Brady: What do you think is a realistic target for next season?

Delia: With Paul and his team, and the squad we will assemble for next year. all I can say is we are going to go for it - and with player recruitment being a key part of that, we''re hoping to have some exciting news regarding the appointment of a chief scout shortly.

[/quote]Oh no, not Gunn surely?[:S]

[quote user="morty"]I actually have no idea if you are being sarcastic or not.

[:|]
[/quote]

I am being serious.

[/quote]

That does of course depend on quality rather than quantity mate... let''s not forget how many Grant and Roeder went through!

I would rather see 3 or 4 of distinct quality than 7 or 8 medicore players.  I think we already have several who are more than capable.

Actually Gunn as chief scout would be an excellent appointment, the one (and sadly only) thing where he was really good was picking up new players...I doubt that he would come though. The big signing would be Forster. If we get him, a good right back and good cover for Drury at left back along with one really good midfielder we will be sorted. This squad is more that capable - and remember this will be the first time in the Championship with a proper manager since the promotion season to the prem. Worthy''s season after relegation was fatally undermined by poor decisions the previous year and we all know what happened after that! Next season promises to be very interesting.

[quote user="Boot"]Actually Gunn as chief scout would be an excellent appointment, [/quote]And an incredibly awkward situation for Lambert and Co!

Plus, we''re still paying compo to Leech Boy![:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Boot"]Actually Gunn as chief scout would be an excellent appointment, [/quote]And an incredibly awkward situation for Lambert and Co!

[/quote]But yets its ok to keep paying Cureton for doing f*ck all and for being rubbish? If we got rid of Gunny for those 2 reasons then we should tell Cureton to sod off as well...

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

But yets its ok to keep paying Cureton for doing f*ck all and for being rubbish?

If we got rid of Gunny for those 2 reasons then we should tell Cureton to sod off as well...
[/quote]

Gunns reward for getting us relegated was his reappointment as manager of a 1-7 disaster which we will never, ever, be allowed to forget!

Has Jamie ever heaped that amount of shame on our club?

No.

And for the record numb nuts, I said weeks ago Jamie days at City were over!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]But yets its ok to keep paying Cureton for doing f*ck all and for being rubbish? If we got rid of Gunny for those 2 reasons then we should tell Cureton to sod off as well...[/quote]

Gunns reward for getting us relegated was his reappointment as manager of a 1-7 disaster which we will never, ever, be allowed to forget!

No.

[/quote]Well as long as you recognise it [:|]

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

But yets its ok to keep paying Cureton for doing f*ck all and for being rubbish?

If we got rid of Gunny for those 2 reasons then we should tell Cureton to sod off as well...
[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

Well as long as you recognise it [:|]
[/quote]

Ditto!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

OK, I''ll bite. I was against Gunns appointment last May and looking at things as I was then angry too. I don''t blame anyone else for being so either. In fact I am even angry with those who supported it. But, with the benefit of hindsight I see things rather differently now.

Who would you have appointed last May Wiz? Or would you have left the post empty until the new board was formed? Bearing in mindif you had left the ship rudderless we would have lost a lot more players and signed nobody.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

OK, I''ll bite. I was against Gunns appointment last May and looking at things as I was then angry too. I don''t blame anyone else for being so either. In fact I am even angry with those who supported it. But, with the benefit of hindsight I see things rather differently now.

Who would you have appointed last May Wiz? Or would you have left the post empty until the new board was formed? Bearing in mindif you had left the ship rudderless we would have lost a lot more players and signed nobody.

[/quote]

My first choice Nutty was always Steve Tilson, failing that a certain manager named Paul Lambert.

I''m in two minds over this.

Leicester went up in similar style to us last season and have been rooted inside the playoffs all year. They only tinkered with their team and are mostly playing with who they went up with. Then again so are Peterborough! My fear is that we could unbalance a chemistry which is working by bringing in 7 or 8 new faces to the first team. Perhaps I''m just sensitive to this because of what happened with Roeder and Gunn.

However, as impressed as I''ve been with City all season I still fear that we will struggle in the Championship with the team we have. Apart from Drury I think that all our other defenders will get found out by stronger, quicker and cleverer players (particularly Nelson and Russell). We have struggled to dominate the middle of the park since Hoolahan disappeared and I have vivid memories of how easily he was stifled in the Championship last season. I can see Holt and Martin scoring goals at that level but when we will be hindered by injuries and suspensions I can''t see goals coming from anywhere else.   

The Championship will be the weakest that it has been in years with West Brom & Newcastle replaced with Pompey, Burnley and Hull and no one coming up with us that we should be worried about. Add to this the financial climate restricting the transfer market we have an excellent chance to cement ourselves back in the second tier at least.

Excellent analysis B. C.!  Definitely need another dominant/creative midfielder. In defence, perhaps Whitbread will come good? I get the feeling Lambert''s saving him till he''s fully recovered - & he doesn''t want to break up Doc & Nelson, who have proven more than adequate at this level. I think Nelson & Askou could be fine as backup next season. Could Spillane cut it at RB?Whatever, getting a couple of top class players would be immesurably better than 7 or 8 nearly men. Apart from anything else, it wouldn''t disrupt a bloody good team spirit.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

[/quote]

My first choice Nutty was always Steve Tilson, failing that a certain manager named Paul Lambert.

[/quote]

Yes but how much would it have cost had they bought in a manager of that calibre only to find the new board didn''t fancy them a few months down the line? I think it cost a hundred grand to get rid of Gunny. Money wasted tis true but someone had to get us a squad of players for the new season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

OK, I''ll bite. I was against Gunns appointment last May and looking at things as I was then angry too. I don''t blame anyone else for being so either. In fact I am even angry with those who supported it.

[/quote]

What, including Auntie Delia?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Is she your Auntie too [:^)]

[/quote]

Are you angry with her for supporting it....Answer the question, instead of diverting and twisting again.

....Hey it''s ''Nutty Checker''....