Depends on whether or not Chelsea intend to renew his contract or not.If he was available on a free and not asking silly wages, they definitely, as he''s clearly better than Rose, and would give Drury a much stronger level of competition for the left back place.That being said, if he was on a free, then chances are that Reading, and half the Championship would also be interested, and I think we''d have a hard sell against some of them, but nothing ventured...

But would he rather have first team football with us, Reading or another Championship team?Not to mention whether or not a ''smaller'' prem team would consider a move.I just can''t see it happening even if he is available.

He''d almost definately pick Reading over us- plus how much would his wages be- would it be woorth him considering he''d probably be 2nd choice?

From what I know of him he isn''t the sort of character that Lambert would want in the dressing room.

Silly to suggest he''d prefer us to Reading, look how well they''ve done recently. Could be a force to be reckoned with next season.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]No thanks, would be better off trying to bring Charlie Daniels in from Leyton Orient.[/quote] agreed ... Daniels has looked a decent player this season... not just against us.

[quote user="bjg123"]Silly to suggest he''d prefer us to Reading, look how well they''ve done recently. Could be a force to be reckoned with next season.
[/quote]

surely they''ll be a force to be reckoned with to though? Just look since they got Brian Mcdermott they hae reached th FA cup semifinals and almost gained enough poins to move from relegation to play offs! So saying ''look how well they''ve done recently'' is a bit stupid as they''ve done extremely well!!

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="bjg123"]Silly to suggest he''d prefer us to Reading, look how well they''ve done recently. Could be a force to be reckoned with next season.
[/quote]

surely they''ll be a force to be reckoned with to though? Just look since they got Brian Mcdermott they hae reached th FA cup semifinals and almost gained enough poins to move from relegation to play offs! So saying ''look how well they''ve done recently'' is a bit stupid as they''ve done extremely well!!

[/quote]

[:S]

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="bjg123"]Silly to suggest he''d prefer us to Reading, look how well they''ve done recently. Could be a force to be reckoned with next season.[/quote]

[/quote]Huh? He was agreeing with you mate

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huh? He was agreeing with you mate
[/quote]

yeah I''ve only just realised that after re-reading it! [:$] Sorry bjg123 I think I need glasses!

[quote user="Glenn roeder"]

Bertrand''s contract is up at the end of the season, he was very good here, worth a shot

any ideas?

[/quote]

He had his good games but your wrong to generalise his overall performannces with us as "very good"!

Remember he played a lot of games when he was struggling yet was not not dropped, presumably cause we had to play him in so many games?

Bertrand cost us £700,000 just for the one season loan, one of the crazy decisions that got us relegated!

I think he''d be a reasonable squad player for us at worst but do we need him if we have Drury and Rose?

If he leaves Chelsea I would imagine that he would go to West Brom or Nottingham Forest perhaps? I doubt that he will leave Chelsea though to be honest.