Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Oh dear Nutty...

Were you sharing Delia''s bottle of sherry when she gave you the lame response to this question???

• Eddie: I''m sure most fans are as pleased as I am that we have won promotion back at the first attempt but many fans are still unhappy about last season''s relegation and blame you for all the ills of the club. They write on message boards that the club is a shambles through successive poor managerial appointments and your prudence before ambition policy. They claim you refuse to price the club reasonably and won''t let any investors in if it means losing your majority share. How do you feel when you read these things?

Delia: Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s, otherwise we''d be about £12million better off. We have never priced the club and prior to the Deloitte search we have only had one offer of cash which was for £1! Losing our majority shareholding is not, I repeat not, a problem, if it helps the football club. How do I feel and what drives me to carry on? What I assume we both share,

and that is a deep love of our club.
  •  

[:P]

Something other than the same old bull that has been reeled out by her and Doomy several times before.

I agree that a little bit of credit is due for her sitting back and allowing a couple of new board members to make the decisions which mean we have a management team that now gives the supporters some hope.  But hearing the same tired clap trap about her not wanting anything for her shares and this that and the next person is not right for NCFC really does very little for me.

Now if you want a big kiss from Smudger when Can U Sit Down Please arranges for the photo session of me sat on your lap at a game Auntie Delia, then may I suggest that you pay the locals a bit more respect and stop trying to pull the wool over their eyes?  Even I haven''t referred to them as the wooly flock for quite a while now!

Could this have not been put in the couple of threads were it has been mentioned or did someone just like to draw attention to himself?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Something other than the same old bull that has been reeled out by her and Doomy several times before.

I agree that a little bit of credit is due for her sitting back and allowing a couple of new board members to make the decisions which mean we have a management team that now gives the supporters some hope.  But hearing the same tired clap trap about her not wanting anything for her shares and this that and the next person is not right for NCFC really does very little for me.

Now if you want a big kiss from Smudger when Can U Sit Down Please arranges for the photo session of me sat on your lap at a game Auntie Delia, then may I suggest that you pay the locals a bit more respect and stop trying to pull the wool over their eyes?  Even I haven''t referred to them as the wooly flock for quite a while now!

[/quote]Heres a crazy theory, maybe what she answered is actually true.

[quote user="Smudger"]Something other than the same old bull that has been reeled out by her and Doomy several times before.[/quote]And of course, you would never dream of reeling out the same old bull? [:O]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Could this have not been put in the couple of threads were it has been mentioned or did someone just like to draw attention to himself?[/quote]

I don''t usually agree with "the board police" but I certainly do here. It''s not like Smudger hasn''t been posting on the other thread.

My answer is on the other thread Smudger. Perhaps we can use this one for you to explain how you think we''d have got on at Charlton if Lambert had taken your advice and "Dumped The Duds"[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Could this have not been put in the couple of threads were it has been mentioned or did someone just like to draw attention to himself?[/quote]

I don''t usually agree with "the board police" but I certainly do here. It''s not like Smudger hasn''t been posting on the other thread.

My answer is on the other thread Smudger. Perhaps we can use this one for you to explain how you think we''d have got on at Charlton if Lambert had taken your advice and "Dumped The Duds"[:^)]

[/quote]

I think we would still have won and still won this league Nutty.

The league is not very good as I keep telling you.  Everybody did play well at Charlton - including my new friend Mr Lappin - which I did tell him when we were lovingly staring in to each others eyes last Saturday!  Some on here still say that I don''t give credit where it''s due though (I even gave Delia a little in my first post on here tonight - above).

I guess you still believe that we can make the play-offs next season with my 3 or 4 duds playing regularly???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I think we would still have won and still won this league Nutty.

The league is not very good as I keep telling you.  Everybody did play well at Charlton - including my new friend Mr Lappin - which I did tell him when we were lovingly staring in to each others eyes last Saturday!  Some on here still say that I don''t give credit where it''s due though (I even gave Delia a little in my first post on here tonight - above).

I guess you still believe that we can make the play-offs next season with my 3 or 4 duds playing regularly???

[/quote]

So you are seriously telling me that if Lambert had taken your advice and not played Nelly, Doc or Lapp at Charlton we''d have still won.

Night Smudge, keep takin'' the tablets mate[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Heres a crazy theory, maybe what she answered is actually true.

[/quote]

So all of the potential investors who have shown an interest in NCFC are no good for the football club or have not met her asking price of nothing to buy her out?

Call be dubious, but I''m still not convinced on that one!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So all of the potential investors who have shown an interest in NCFC are no good for the football club or have not met her asking price of nothing to buy her out?

[/quote]

Call me dubious even

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]What potential investors? Are you believing newspaper speculation? No serious offers have been made. If I were a serious investor and had made a bid, and it was denied by Ms Smith wrongly I''d make damn sure I made myself heard in proving her wrong.Maybe she is being straight with us, is that harder to believe than the various conspiracy theories?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What potential investors? Are you believing newspaper speculation? No serious offers have been made. If I were a serious investor and had made a bid, and it was denied by Ms Smith wrongly I''d make damn sure I made myself heard in proving her wrong.

Maybe she is being straight with us, is that harder to believe than the various conspiracy theories?
    [/quote]

I think that there was at least one very clear offer made mate.

Of course there was no money on the table for Delia or her hubbys shares but it was an offer that would of rendered those shares worthless if accepted (even though they have not been worth very much these last few years anyhow - there was always the chance that could be rectified if she kept hold of them long enough).  Of course the nasty man who made this offer would have wanted all of his money back if we got relegated so it was not in NCFC''s best interests to do business with him was it?

It seems that it is still ok for NCFC to owe the Turners £2 million plus a few years after they left the club.  I still believe that unless Delia decides she wants to walk away for nothing then she will be around for a few years yet and only prepared to leave when she gets what she considers is a good return on the money which she has invested.  I am not blaming her for behaving in that way, but to me the above quote is no more/no less than a one of the dubious quotes that she would get Doomy to read out on her behalf prior to his sacking?

I guess that now she has a Chief Exec with a little bit of backbone she has to face up to making such dubious comments straight off her own bat???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]What potential investors? Are you believing newspaper speculation? No serious offers have been made. If I were a serious investor and had made a bid, and it was denied by Ms Smith wrongly I''d make damn sure I made myself heard in proving her wrong.Maybe she is being straight with us, is that harder to believe than the various conspiracy theories?[/quote]

Of course there was no money on the table for Delia or her hubbys shares but it was an offer that would of rendered those shares worthless if accepted (even though they have not been worth very much these last few years anyhow - there was always the chance that could be rectified if she kept hold of them long enough).  Of course the nasty man who made this offer would have wanted all of his money back if we got relegated so it was not in NCFC''s best interests to do business with him was it?

It seems that it is still ok for NCFC to owe the Turners £2 million plus a few years after they left the club.  I still believe that unless Delia decides she wants to walk away for nothing then she will be around for a few years yet and only prepared to leave when she gets what she considers is a good return on the money which she has invested.  I am not blaming her for behaving in that way, but to me the above quote is no more/no less than a one of the dubious quotes that she would get Doomy to read out on her behalf prior to his sacking?

I guess that now she has a Chief Exec with a little bit of backbone she has to face up to making such dubious comments straight off her own bat???

[/quote]Fact is, you don''t know and neither do I.In this information age is it really our place to speculate how someone else chooses to invest or spend their money?Or should we just shut the hell up and be fans and judge our success by what happens on the pitch?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]2 relegations in 5 years and the lowest finish in 50 years is what we have to judge the team on, right?[/quote]

Exactly right Houston... it is what she has been judged on (along with the cringeworthy changes in what she would step aside for to suit her own agenda)... [Y]

We are hardly a success story on the pitch considering the number of people we attract through the gates are we?

Smudge, when you start agreeing with Houston it really is time to put the cork back in the bottle and wish yourself goodnight lol.[:)]

morty, when all you have to answer is insults, it means you know you''ve lost.

Smudger, I think morty won''t give in to his lost cause of an argument because it might mean Doherty is somehow to blame, and God forbid Doherty gets any blame for our lowest finish in 50 years!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]morty, when all you have to answer is insults, it means you know you''ve lost.

Smudger, I think morty won''t give in to his lost cause of an argument because it might mean Doherty is somehow to blame, and God forbid Doherty gets any blame for our lowest finish in 50 years![/quote]When did you actually watch a game? As in live, not on the telly?

HA HA HA HA HA, not that old chestnut of a debating point again!

What difference does it make when I saw a live game in person, morty? Will me having seen 1 game or 100 games make a difference in how many teams lined up to sign Doherty when he was told he was free to go?

Besides, I find watching a game on TV to be better viewing than in the stands in terms of being able to see things clearly, what with replay, expert commentary, less distractions from cramped quarters of excited fans, and basic comfort. Or are you watching from the broadcast booth in the luxury suites?

[quote user="Smudger"]

It seems that it is still ok for NCFC to owe the Turners £2 million plus a few years after they left the club.[/quote]

As to the Turners first, the reason why the club hasn''t paid back their loan is that the terms on which the Turners lent it didn''t stipulate that it had to be paid back immediately. If the Turners had wanted it paid back straight away in the event of their leaving the club then they could simply have written that in. They didn''t.As to this "one very clear offer" I''m not sure what you referring to there, but if there was an offer from someone on the lines you''ve suggested then it''s hardly surprising it was turned down. If I have understood this right there was an offer that involved this potential new owner lending us a large amount of money. We obviously would have spent that in an effort to avoid relegation. And if that didn''t work, and we got relegated anyway, then we would have had to pay this large amount of meney back? More debt (and very short-term debt at that) being demanded back on top of the debt we already owed? That is a recipe for financial suicide. In a word, administration. IF there ever was an offer like that then the owners were right to reject it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]morty, when all you have to answer is insults, it means you know you''ve lost. Smudger, I think morty won''t give in to his lost cause of an argument because it might mean Doherty is somehow to blame, and God forbid Doherty gets any blame for our lowest finish in 50 years![/quote]

God forbid... it looks like we may be set to give him yet another contract mate if the news is true elsewhere on here... [:|]

Anyhow, I think I am going to take Morty''s advice Houston, as although I have a bit of a cold and trouble breathing tonight... Morty''s constant defence of Auntie Delia without being able to accept the criticism of her faults is making me a little weary and needy for some shut eye.

So good day Houston and goodnight Morty - may bump in to you a pizza hunting tomorrow mate! [|-)] 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]morty, when all you have to answer is insults, it means you know you''ve lost. Smudger, I think morty won''t give in to his lost cause of an argument because it might mean Doherty is somehow to blame, and God forbid Doherty gets any blame for our lowest finish in 50 years![/quote]

God forbid... it looks like we may be set to give him yet another contract mate if the news is true elsewhere on here... [:|]

Anyhow, I think I am going to take Morty''s advice Houston, as although I have a bit of a cold and trouble breathing tonight... Morty''s constant defence of Auntie Delia without being able to accept the criticism of her faults is making me a little weary and needy for some shut eye.

So good day Houston and goodnight Morty - may bump in to you a pizza hunting tomorrow mate! [|-)] 

[/quote]

Pizzas [pi] [pi] have to be hunted?

Well, well, whatever next.

OTBC

[quote user="Houston Canary"]2 relegations in 5 years and the lowest finish in 50 years is what we have to judge the team on, right?[/quote]

Or two promotions in six years if you will

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Houston Canary"]2 relegations in 5 years and the lowest finish in 50 years is what we have to judge the team on, right?[/quote] Or two promotions in six years if you will[/quote]

So are you happy with what NCFC have produced on the pitch over the 14 years or so under Smith & Jones?

Yes 2 promtions and 2 relegations during that time, with one season at our lowest ebb for 50 years.  The majority of our time under this pair has been scrapping around in mid-table of the Championship or lower (approximately 10 years I would say).  Hardly overwhelming past form to go on is there?

We WILL win the league this year.  Which I will be absolutely overjoyed with.

However, please remember that despite this, it will be our LOWEST LEAGUE FINISH FOR 50 YEARS!!!

What next, a Delia appreciation society for guiding us to our lowest finish in 50 years?

"I love Delia" T-Shirts?

Delia is off the hook and you have all fallen for it.

I am completely bemused that so many people are now seeming to assume we will secure a top 6 finish next season.  What the heck do you base this on?  Yes, we have won League One, the THIRD DIVISION. Wakey, wakey.