Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MacNamee

why do so many people like him?

today he had a shocker, and was rightly subbed. But he doesn''t get crosses in, which is what a winger should do. Then when lappin came on who played in the same position was whipping the ball in from all angles and made it tough for their defence to defend!

He had a poor game, but it is the first time he has played on the left for us this season (I believe). Hughes too had a poor game.

hughes isn''t quick nor strong so struggles against players with either of these attributes. But macnamee couldn''t make a pass, he walked around the pitch and just didn''t look interested in general!

It was another very poor performance from McNamee. Very similar to another recent home game (think it was the MK Dons game??). He just didn''t want to know. No surprise to see him subbed off so early on.

Clearly a talented player but needs to do a lot more than what he''s shown lately.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

why do so many people like him?

today he had a shocker, and was rightly subbed. But he doesn''t get crosses in, which is what a winger should do. Then when lappin came on who played in the same position was whipping the ball in from all angles and made it tough for their defence to defend!

[/quote]I agree.

McNamee was poor. I thought Lappin when he came on gave us some much needed balance on the left hand side. Not even Smudger can deny that today. McNamee is a talented player but we need to start seeing more from him. He will definitely be involved in the next 2 games so he has a chance to tighten it up. Anyways who cares? CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

My worry about Mcnamee is that he looks lost when he has the ball.

He seems to slow play down, take an age to do something; and 80% of the time when he finally does do something, it usually involves running into blind alklies and losing it. His touch asint great either; i could cope with his unneccesry stepovers and flicks if he could do the basics well.

I''ve not ben overly impressed with him so far; to make matters worse the majority of the groud love him;Lee Croft Syndrome...worrying!

But enough moaning, We are Champions!"

Lets remember that MacNamee hasn''t been here too long and hasn''t played too many games for us.  But lets be fair to the lad, he has shown some glimpses of what he could be capable of.  I think he is one of those that needs a good season to settle.  Could be a good one if we have the patience to wait...

He had a very poor game today; bit like when he played for Swindon at Carrow Road - very average then too. Ran into trouble most time today - Danny Wilson calls him a luxury player & I can see why.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]today he reminded me of Whalley absolutlley clueless, and where did he end up ,god knows[/quote]

Chesterfield I believe  [:D]

Pretty much hasn''t improved since Oldham. Appeared to be one of those players who seem to think that his only partiucipation in the game is when the ball is within 5 yards of him.

Hopefully the coaching staff will givev him a kick up the backside and explain the finer points of running, marking and generally being involved.

Odd selections today but we won and it suggests not too many will be heading out come June

[quote user="Largey"]He had a poor game, but it is the first time he has played on the left for us this season.[/quote]

He has played several games - on the left for us - this was even worse than the no show against MK dons.  I struggle to understand how he cant get involved in a game like today.

[quote user="GJP"]

Clearly a talented player but needs to do a lot more than what he''s shown lately.

[/quote]

Agree - he clearly has talent;   but his attitude seems to be bigger.  Can he be anything other than a bit player here?   The fact that he does have three assists and a goal in that time shows he can contribute - but his lack of willingness to contribute to the rest of team play is a huge concern. Lappin has more assists per appearance than the outwardly more attacking MacNamee but also gives t he team shape balance and defensive security.  That is what is needed from a left sided midfielder - a team contribution - not just a glory one. 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Lambert will sort him out........

[/quote]

I hope so - but Lambert has already had an impact on most players in far less than just 6 months - McNamee seems to be impervious to the Lambert affect.   Are we starting to see why despite his pace he is in league one?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Lets remember that MacNamee hasn''t been here too long and hasn''t played too many games for us. [/quote]

He has been here since November and it was odd that it took him so long to even get an appearance.    6 starts - in which he has not impressed once and 9 sub appearances where he has made an very strong impact on just a couple of occassions.   For MK Dons he was given the responsibility twice to be the teams match winner - as a winger in the first half and at the peak of the diamond in the second.  We he was given responsibility he disappeared.

I think Danny Wilson is right - he is a luxury player - consistently below average,  poor defending but occassionally v dangerous as an attacking force.  He is a perfect squad player - use his pace from the bench to chase a game - but for goodness sake dont pretend he can add anything to a team as as starting player.

Agree 100 % it is A position we need to look at filling for next year it''s been the same on both wings since we lost croft and hucks. Lambert seems to know what he wants so I am sure he will find someone

I think Lambert is starting to realise he has made his first mistake in terms of a signing. I think Lambert signed Mcnamee on the back of a few impressive games for Watford in pre season 4-5 years ago but i think he realises he is clearly not cut out for the Championship. I think we should cut are losses and get rid in the summer.

Is it 4 or 5 assists that McNamee has had in a handful of games and half games for us since his signing?  Oh plus a goal and also another that clipped the post at Orient (yes we all know that those of you that don''t rate him reckon that he shinned what you say was a misplaced cross for that one).

Well yes he may of had a poor game Saturday, but so did the whole side with the exception of Forster, Doherty and Nelson, plus Lappin for the time that he spent on the pitch.  Holt and Chris Martin strolling around like it was an exhibition match knowing that the title was in the bag barring an absolute miracle. Korey was off the pace and not up to his usual standard for me and most of the balls that Rose played to McNamee were hospital balls for a slight winger of 5ft nothing... I am not really surprised that after the first 15 mins or so he didn''t look up for it!

Yes McNamee had a poor game, but many others out there were just as bad with the whole team apart from the man on the ball looking totally disinterested until Russell curled his shot in after about 75 mins. 

Yet again those showing a lack of knowledge about why we looked so poor on Saturday on here for me.  For what it''s worth I thought that Stephen Hughes and McNamee were the only players showing any kind of creativity during the first half on Saturday and if it wasn''t for Holt and Martin standing around like bleedin statues for the most part then we may have been able to take advantage of some ok play early doors.  I have always protected Chris Martin from anybody throwing the lazy tag at him - but on Saturday for me the only time he looked interested was when we had a free kick or a corner.

We had more than half of our team playing at about 60% for the majority of the game on Saturday and while it was understandable given the circumstances it illustrated just how poor this league is.  At any higher level we would have been dead and buried by 70 mins.

Oh isnit it funny how they say that I am the one who has their favourites and can''t give credit where it is due? [:|]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Largey"]He had a poor game, but it is the first time he has played on the left for us this season.[/quote]

He has played several games - on the left for us - this was even worse than the no show against MK dons.  I struggle to understand how he cant get involved in a game like today.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Agree - he clearly has talent;   but his attitude seems to be bigger.  Can he be anything other than a bit player here?   The fact that he does have three assists and a goal in that time shows he can contribute - but his lack of willingness to contribute to the rest of team play is a huge concern. Lappin has more assists per appearance than the outwardly more attacking MacNamee but also gives t he team shape balance and defensive security.  That is what is needed from a left sided midfielder - a team contribution - not just a glory one. 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Lambert will sort him out........

[/quote]

I hope so - but Lambert has already had an impact on most players in far less than just 6 months - McNamee seems to be impervious to the Lambert affect.   Are we starting to see why despite his pace he is in league one?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Lets remember that MacNamee hasn''t been here too long and hasn''t played too many games for us. [/quote]

He has been here since November and it was odd that it took him so long to even get an appearance.    6 starts - in which he has not impressed once and 9 sub appearances where he has made an very strong impact on just a couple of occassions.   For MK Dons he was given the responsibility twice to be the teams match winner - as a winger in the first half and at the peak of the diamond in the second.  We he was given responsibility he disappeared.

I think Danny Wilson is right - he is a luxury player - consistently below average,  poor defending but occassionally v dangerous as an attacking force.  He is a perfect squad player - use his pace from the bench to chase a game - but for goodness sake dont pretend he can add anything to a team as as starting player.

[/quote]

...and they say that I post things to suit my agenda... [:$]

dear oh dear... how many of McNamee''s appearances for us have you seen?

For starters you can only really take his assists and goals ratio from the number of games that he has started, or fairer still minutes on the pitch if you prefer?  Either way I will think you will find that he has created a lot more in the length of time he has spent on the pitch than Lappin has this season.

Lappin has what 10 assists and no goals in 40+ full games for us this season?

I will leave you to do the maths!

[quote user="Smudger"]Well yes he may of had a poor game Saturday, but so did the whole side with the exception of Forster, Doherty and Nelson, plus Lappin for the time that he spent on the pitch.[/quote]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2076913/ShowPost.aspx

[*-)][8-)][^o)]

[quote user="Smudger"]Well yes he may of had a poor game Saturday, but so did the whole side with the exception of Forster, Doherty and Nelson, plus Lappin for the time that he spent on the pitch.[/quote]Smudger wrote........

"Lambert needs to dump the duds.....

Lappin, Doc and Nelson before they undermine his glorious managerial career with Norwich City.

How a European Cup winner can''t see that these 3 are not up to the grade is beyond me.

Oh possibly add Russell Martin to that!"