Sign in to follow this  
dpit

The next two games are suddenly important again

Given the fact that we now have to wait for the Tribunal''s verdict, can we now afford to take anything for granted? Obviously, a points deduction is unlikely but it is possible and while it is, we should be doing everything we can to put 6 more points on the board just in case. We are Norwich, where s..t can and does regularly happen.

[quote user="dpit"]Given the fact that we now have to wait for the Tribunal''s verdict, can we now afford to take anything for granted? Obviously, a points deduction is unlikely but it is possible and while it is, we should be doing everything we can to put 6 more points on the board just in case. We are Norwich, where s..t can and does regularly happen.[/quote]a) The penalty for this will probably be financial, if there is any penalty at all.b) The decision won''t be known for a month, theoretically they could dock us as many points as they wanted, if they wanted to.  If they were docking points and wanted to keep us in league 1, it wouldn''t matter what we did in these 2 games, they could just dock us the extra 6 points even if we won both games.

"a points deduction is unlikely but it is possible "

In the same way I could be called into to partner Holt up front on Saturday.

That you should give value to Cowlings bluster is your problem, please don''t inflict it upon us.

I agree with what''s been said above. If they are that desperate to keep us down this season, they would dock us as many points as it would take to keep us down so the remaining games are not that importnat. That would be pretty stupid as it would set a really dangerous precedent. If a deduction were to occur it would be for next season.

However I just can''t see how there will be a points deduction. The only person within the game who has mentioned it at all is Cowling. The bottom line was that he was using this percieved threat to try and coax more money out of Norwich. Unfortunately for him McNally is a shrewd bloke and simply saw through it.

I don''t think there would be a points deduction this year.

However if there was a big fine £500k (?) have we got the money to pay it? Would it bring the dreaded "A" word closer?

[quote user="dpit"]Given the fact that we now have to wait for the Tribunal''s verdict, can we now afford to take anything for granted? Obviously, a points deduction is unlikely but it is possible and while it is, we should be doing everything we can to put 6 more points on the board just in case. We are Norwich, where s..t can and does regularly happen.[/quote]Oh dear. You really do need to read the original post again. I am not a ''the sky is falling in'' type at all. In fact cool, rational responses are my stock in trade. Hence the phrase '' can we afford to take anything for granted''. A rhetorical question, which is a roundabout way of saying, let''s stuff it up them and not sit back and relax because you never know what maybe around the corner.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dpit"]Given the fact that we now have to wait for the Tribunal''s verdict, can we now afford to take anything for granted? Obviously, a points deduction is unlikely but it is possible and while it is, we should be doing everything we can to put 6 more points on the board just in case. We are Norwich, where s..t can and does regularly happen.
[/quote]

a) The penalty for this will probably be financial, if there is any penalty at all.
b) The decision won''t be known for a month, theoretically they could dock us as many points as they wanted, if they wanted to.  If they were docking points and wanted to keep us in league 1, it wouldn''t matter what we did in these 2 games, they could just dock us the extra 6 points even if we won both games.
[/quote]

The docking of points is not going to happen

[quote user="tom1902"]a tribunal cannot deduct points[/quote]A Disciplinary commitee can though........

"A Norwich City club spokesman last night said: “Today''s Football League Disciplinary Commission hearing regarding Paul Lambert''s move from Colchester United to Norwich City has concluded."

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="tom1902"]a tribunal cannot deduct points[/quote]A Disciplinary commitee can though........

"A Norwich City club spokesman last night said: “Today''s Football League Disciplinary Commission hearing regarding Paul Lambert''s move from Colchester United to Norwich City has concluded."

[/quote]

We''re doomed [:''(]

All this has got me thinking back to the stories that we were printed at that time. i.e that we had spoken to Colchester to tell them that we would like to offer Lambert the job as our manager. (This was without any interview or asking permission from Colchester to speak to Lambert.) If you take an objective view it was all pretty bizarre. I am not doom-mongering either just reminding myself of the facts as they appeared in the local press at the time (which I can''t find a link for, but the below is close enough how I remember it.)

http://norwichcity.footballunited.com/tag/david-mcnally/

The difference is between what Colchester think Lambert is morally worth and what we know the contract is worth.

Lambert breaks his contract he has to pay up the remaunder of that contract. Which would mean City paying it.

Cowling wanted more than that, he wanted some kind of ex gratia payment. Much as when you buy a small business you may pay for something for the goodwill.

If anyone on here seriously thinks City would have allowed this to go this far (after taking legal advice) with the knowledge that they could get hit hard is a fool.

If Col U had a fair case then they would not be arguing over what they felt was a fair amount. If City knew Col U had a fair case then they would have settled far earlier. So well done McNally. It might not be morally worthy but then that is football. But it was legal.

As to the original point I doubt whether the tribunal will have any bearing whatsoever on how we play over the next two games. I doubt any City fan wants to see us ease up. I know personally I would like to see us hit the 98 point figure. I want it to be seen that we won this division in style and way ahead of others.

However there is a gair case to be made for bringing in some of the fringe players or more importantly the younger players to give them experience.

Either way I don''t see Lambert opting for any letting up.