Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Home games for XXL16 - well nearly!

So - start saving the pennies, we''re all off to Malaysia!!

Well at least we should have some representation in our good friend XXL16 - its only a hop skip and a jump for the Hong Kong branch of the NCFC supporters club in comparison to us.

I know a few thousand have seen us play in Europe in the heady days of 1993, and even hardier types have seen us in pre season friendlies as far afield as the USA in days gone by - but Malaysia - wow - there''s a challenge!!!

Extra bragging points are on offer for anyone who makes that trip!!

All told this is an excellent move - Asia is a massive market largely only exploited by Man U as I understand it, so well done Proton/Lotus and the club for setting this up - we at least should reap some financial reward from the merchadising opportunities.

Lets get our requests in now - where do you fancy us going in summer 2005?

I''ll kick off with a request for Bishop''s Storford - not very exotic I know - but handy for me!

I had never been to Malaysia and I only know it was a very hot and humit country, which for the kind weather I really hate! I don''t think I can spend some time to Mala in Summer time since for my very limited annual leave (day off) schedule, I had only 15 days and I will spend them all on my future visit in October 2004! I hope the TV will LIVE this game and hopefully the team enjoy a superb pre-season! But I should say, be careful the food especially the rare food!!! :)

I went a couple of years ago and loved it. £22 a night for a 5* hotel? I''ll take it! I wonder now if it is cheaper to fly into Bangkok and travel down? You can get a bus really easily.

By the way there''s also the cheapest McDonalds in the world there (Alledgedly) - 6p for the ice cream with some weird blue sauce.

I''m actively contemplating going out there for at least one of the games, gonna have a look into getting a career development loan and hope they don''t check what I actually spend the cash on... The joys and benefits of being a mature student (mature only in the sense of age...)

hey,

at the moment, im doing a 6 month teaching placement here in malaysia which will finish at the begining of july...

its agnoying finding out the weekend result on wednesdays! cause im a canary fanatic,

malaysia as a place is awesome, hotels (with a bed,shower, tv and the odd cockroach) cost about 2-3 quid a night sharing with only one other....nice meals out our about 50p.....the weather is humid, i do admit, but within a week you get use to it and its lovely....even the people are amazing, so friendly they''ll buy you tiger beers (though i do miss my caffreys)

anyway i hope this we''ll make as many of you come out as possible..

does any one know the dates and places the might canaries are playing out here?

also any questions, im willing to be the offcial malaysian insider..

otbc

I''ll be there to see the nationwide champions. Only a three hour flight from Manila. Looking forward to it. Last time I saw us was v Soton on the telly here!!

leo_lion_heart. i hope you''re not teaching english.

how much does a flight to malaysia cost then? if it''s pretty cheap, could be a good "summer holiday" for the missus. imagine my surprise when i find out that the canaries are playing.

im afraid so, teaching some corner of malaysia a proper norfolk accent...

the flight cost me 500 quid, there and back to sunny norfolk, but thats only biggest expenditure you''ll have to do, other than that standard of living is really cheap (+ there are even cheaper flight, buts i missed out, cause i was a lazy sod)

does any one know the dates city will be in malaysia,

any queries and don''t be frightened to ask me