Sign in to follow this  
Yarmy!

Fraser Forster- Reaction!!

Who thought that towards the end of the game and when the team was going round the pitch that Forster didnt look bothered at all!?

He didnt even wave back to the Barclay when they shouted ''Forster give us a wave..'''' :\

Thoughts?

Met him at the away supporters party last night and the guy is a thouroughly decent, unassuming gentleman. was one of the most popular players to speak to last night with people asking him all night if he was staying. he looked genuinely chuffed with the attention, and to be honest i think he may want to stay, it may just depend on newcastle.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]He did wave once the attack had subsided - totally proffesional. He looked like the praise at the end affected him - he knows he''s got a future in the game and I hope its with us.[/quote]Totally agree with this - he looked choked up when we started singing ''There''s only one...'' to him.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I think he is quite a reserved character. He was very passionate at Charlton I thought.

[/quote]

Agreed. He was hugging people like there was no tomorrow, and was clearly delighted.

I wouldn''t worry too much about it. The lad must feel awkward. He''s just won a title medal, probably hopes he can get a look in at his favoured club in the premiership because of this. If he doesn''t, which most of us suspect he won''t, then I''m quite sure we would be the next best thing for him. How do you think he can react when he probably hasn''t spoken to either manager about it seriously, he doesn''t know what his options are and we would only be his second choice, and he would know that any response he gave could be misinterpreted and reported. He was concentrating on the game trying to be professional, and he did eventually wave. I think we need another experienced keeper anyway, should sort one out and if we do get him back it will be a bonus. 

Should be remembered that up to when he came here his senior playing experience was limitec to a few games at Stockport and Bristol Rovers. Given our start and league position I doubt he would have thought it would be much different.

Perhaps at 22 he was beginning to think that his caeer was rather stalled. Anyone going through the last three games is certainly going to be knocked back a bit.

Whether Newcastle will feel that he can now make the step up from Div 1 to the Premiership is open to question. Whether they feel he will get the necessary experience sat on the bench again is questionable.

So he either stays at Newcastle as cover. Goes out on loan or is sold. The last two would almost certainly mean him staying here. Maybe Newcastle will do what we did with Lewis. Let him go with a hefty seel on clause.

Whatever way it goes the lad has the gratitude of all of us for playing a massive part in our last season.

Its strange how people see the same thing. Forster was lapping behind the rest of the players - but appeared to be soaking up and enjoying every moment. Its not something that happens often to players and I thought he was loving it

The pa was loud yest and I dont think the players could hear a lot of the singing. But half way to the halfway line going away from the barclay he did hear us sining his name and turned and held the scarf he had up and beamed before jumping on the backs of the the rest of the squad.

Having said that - it did feel like a fond farewell

[quote user="City1st"]Should be remembered that up to when he came here his senior playing experience was limitec to a few games at Stockport and Bristol Rovers. Given our start and league position I doubt he would have thought it would be much different. Perhaps at 22 he was beginning to think that his caeer was rather stalled. Anyone going through the last three games is certainly going to be knocked back a bit. Whether Newcastle will feel that he can now make the step up from Div 1 to the Premiership is open to question. Whether they feel he will get the necessary experience sat on the bench again is questionable. So he either stays at Newcastle as cover. Goes out on loan or is sold. The last two would almost certainly mean him staying here. Maybe Newcastle will do what we did with Lewis. Let him go with a hefty seel on clause. Whatever way it goes the lad has the gratitude of all of us for playing a massive part in our last season.[/quote]

I think we will only get him on loan. I expect him to be worth far more than what we could afford or would want Lambert to use his transfer budget on.

He is a mere baby in goalkeepeers terms and could spend another 3 or 4 years on loan until he gets a prem team willing to give him a chance

Forster clearly wasn''t in a position to wave at the point when we began singing for him to give us a wave as there was the possibility the ball could come towards him. A very professional decision to ignore us until it was safe to wave to the fans.

When the Barclay were singing "Forster give us a wave" he might not have waved but he did simle and you could see he was laughing so I think he was just trying to concentrate on what was going on further up the pitch. Maybe if he wins player of the season he will realise how much we love him and want him in goal for us next season. 

Young lad bags of potential and has had a great season his first proper one. I guess he is totally confused at the moment about his future. Given that he is from hexham he will clearly want to carve out a career with Newcastle in the premiership . At the moment i doubt he will be given that opportunity unless Newcastle have serious injuries in that position. I doubt very much if he would want to sit out most of the season on the bench at Newcaste but neither will Rudd here

[quote user="Barclay Bear"]When the Barclay were singing "Forster give us a wave" he might not have waved but he did simle and you could see he was laughing so I think he was just trying to concentrate on what was going on further up the pitch. Maybe if he wins player of the season he will realise how much we love him and want him in goal for us next season. [/quote]Yes, a similar plan worked a treat when we did that with Lee Croft lol.[:|]

I can''t see Forster even making Newcastle''s bench next year.

Harper will be first choice and Krul is second choice.  Forster will be third choice and will only make the bench IF Harper or Krul gets injured or if Krul is sold.  Even then I am not sure if he would be second choice as he has no experience above League One and Newcastle will likely bring in someone more experienced in the event of injury/sale.

I think Newcastle would be quite keen for Forster to go on loan to a Champ side next season to give him more experience.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]He will be playing championship football on loan next season, just not with us[/quote]I agree with the first part, but hopefully not the second!I guess it all depends on how happy Newcastle are with the standard of his coaching here, and how happy Fraser is with all the travelling up and down.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I think he is quite a reserved character. He was very passionate at Charlton I thought.

[/quote]

Quite right, at Charlton he did show passion for the club and fans, At home he was focused on winning the league, waves and hand shakes can wait, was probably the order of the day from him in the stands.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]He will be playing championship football on loan next season, just not with us[/quote]

I don''t mind if it''s not WITH us, as long as he''s playing FOR us [:P]

Newcastle will have to bring in another goalkeeper next season, I cant see Harper been number 1. Krul is highly regarded up there, which would leave Fraser at 3rd or even 4th choice.

Im pressuming he will be on loan in the championship somewhere next season.

There is some sort of bit about this in tomorrows edp, not sure if it''s an article about him staying or going