Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jones Signs!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Official site -

to be honest, i dont see why people are moaning about this. Tom Jones is a world famous singer, who sells out everywhere he goes. just because hes modern dont mean hes no good, he is far more successful than bands such as muse will ever be. surely any concert at carrow road is good as whoever it is will bring in extra revenue?

[quote user="ryan1992"]to be honest, i dont see why people are moaning about this. Tom Jones is a world famous singer, who sells out everywhere he goes. just because hes modern dont mean hes no good, he is far more successful than bands such as muse will ever be. surely any concert at carrow road is good as whoever it is will bring in extra revenue?[/quote]

Well you go and pay your £50 and enjoy yourself then [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I wouldn''t go and see Tom Jones even if someone paid me £1000 to go.

Why anyone would want to see a wrinkly 70 year old man shake his hips and try and look sexy is beyond me.

[/quote]

Now then Angel is this any different from fifty something year old women who dress in an attempt to attract the younger man? You and Kathy know exactly who and what i am talking about don''t you? I will say no more but the irony is not lost on me.

I can''t say I would pay £50 for Tom Jones, but that is sadly the going rate for world ranking acts in the music business. I have paid £50 and more over the years to see various solo artists and bands. I wonder what the club will make out of the night, hopefully enough to encourage more in the future, which may in time lead to more recent bands for younger music fans.

CA - I am sure despite his age Tom Jones can still sing and belt out his hits of the past. You don''t still perform at that age if you can''t cut it anymore. Four or so years ago I saw James Brown in Hyde Park (he was support for the Chillis). He was also well into his 70s and was just amazing - I am glad to say I saw someone of that ilk before he passed away.

Norwich desperately needs a large venue where music of every genre can be performed. At present we have to travel to either London, Birmingham or Sheffield to see anyone of the ilk of the Killers for example.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I can''t say I would pay £50 for Tom Jones, but that is sadly the going rate for world ranking acts in the music business. I have paid £50 and more over the years to see various solo artists and bands. I wonder what the club will make out of the night, hopefully enough to encourage more in the future, which may in time lead to more recent bands for younger music fans. CA - I am sure despite his age Tom Jones can still sing and belt out his hits of the past. You don''t still perform at that age if you can''t cut it anymore. Four or so years ago I saw James Brown in Hyde Park (he was support for the Chillis). He was also well into his 70s and was just amazing - I am glad to say I saw someone of that ilk before he passed away. Norwich desperately needs a large venue where music of every genre can be performed. At present we have to travel to either London, Birmingham or Sheffield to see anyone of the ilk of the Killers for example.[/quote]

Im sure he can still belt out his hits Gazza, but a 70 yr old man trying to look sexy just doesn''t appeal to me personally. Now if you''re talking Enrique Inglesias or Robbie Williams  now that would be worth throwing your knickers about for.[:)]

Anyone else receiving regular emails about the event?

[quote user="LotharMatthaus"]Why don''t we hold a local band showcase or something? There''s a few relatively big bands that are from Norwich, get them all together and have an all day concert. The Kabeedies, The Brownies, Violet Violet, Tin Man, The Barlights, We Can''t Dance, Apollo 101 just to name a few...[/quote]

That would sell.....all of about 1000 seats. How would you fill the rest?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I can''t say I would pay £50 for Tom Jones, but that is sadly the going rate for world ranking acts in the music business. I have paid £50 and more over the years to see various solo artists and bands. I wonder what the club will make out of the night, hopefully enough to encourage more in the future, which may in time lead to more recent bands for younger music fans. CA - I am sure despite his age Tom Jones can still sing and belt out his hits of the past. You don''t still perform at that age if you can''t cut it anymore. Four or so years ago I saw James Brown in Hyde Park (he was support for the Chillis). He was also well into his 70s and was just amazing - I am glad to say I saw someone of that ilk before he passed away. Norwich desperately needs a large venue where music of every genre can be performed. At present we have to travel to either London, Birmingham or Sheffield to see anyone of the ilk of the Killers for example.[/quote]

Im sure he can still belt out his hits Gazza, but a 70 yr old man trying to look sexy just doesn''t appeal to me personally. Now if you''re talking Enrique Inglesias or Robbie Williams  now that would be worth throwing your knickers about for.[:)]

Anyone else receiving regular emails about the event?

[/quote]

So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.

Tom Jones after "the Quo", elton John, and other "radio old" dross...all a bit embarrasing isnt it? Makes my journeys up from the capital for the footy not seem so bad now...at least i''ve got a bit of choice for the rest of my entertainment.

which brings me onto...

...for the past 10 years the cara rud DJ has a BIG soft spot for Queen tracks from the 70''s (not just "we are the champions" on saturday either, I "get" that one)...what was the DJ playing in the 70''s? Vera Lynn & Glenn Miller?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

I do wish you''d get my age right Mr Tilly and stop making me over 50 before I actually get there [:P]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

I do wish you''d get my age right Mr Tilly and stop making me over 50 before I actually get there [:P][/quote]That''s right Tilly. Di will change her name to "Senior Cityzen Angel" when she''s good and ready. [:D][;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

I do wish you''d get my age right Mr Tilly and stop making me over 50 before I actually get there [:P][/quote]That''s right Tilly. Di will change her name to "Senior Cityzen Angel" when she''s good and ready. [:D][;)]

[/quote]

She knows what i was getting at Lapp,it''s this raging sexist remarks that get me.It is like when men go to a "gentlemens evening" women call us perverts but if they go and rub baby oil all over a male stripper''s todger they classify it as just a bit of fun and a good laugh.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

[/quote]

She knows what i was getting at Lapp,it''s this raging sexist remarks that get me.It is like when men go to a "gentlemens evening" women call us perverts but if they go and rub baby oil all over a male stripper''s todger they classify it as just a bit of fun and a good laugh.

[/quote]

Don''t think you''ve ever heard a sexist remark from me Tilly, I''ve no problem with men going to strip clubs and lap dancing clubs  and haven''t called you a pervert yet although I didn''t like being called one of your Judys when us 3 women accompanied you to the ground last sat [:)]

Lappin - You''ll get a smack when I next see you [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t think you''ve ever heard a sexist remark from me Tilly, I''ve no problem with men going to strip clubs and lap dancing clubs  and haven''t called you a pervert yet although I didn''t like being called one of your Judys when us 3 women accompanied you to the ground last sat [:)]

Lappin - You''ll get a smack when I next see you [:)]

[/quote]

So throwing your knickers at lads young enough to be your sons is not sexist?......well call me old fashioned then.

[quote user="cityangel"]Lappin - You''ll get a smack when I next see you [:)][/quote]mmmm! Will you be wearing stillettoes? [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

I do wish you''d get my age right Mr Tilly and stop making me over 50 before I actually get there [:P]

[/quote]

So you''re not a pensioner then?[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I''m not a pensioner you cheeky scamp.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

I thought TIL said you were a Senior Citizen?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

I can''t see anything in this thread to suggest he said that, other than his reference to women who hit 50.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

I can''t see anything in this thread to suggest he said that, other than his reference to women who hit 50.

[/quote]

Sorry, not TIL, it was Lapp -

Anyway, I am just kidding Angel [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So fifty odd year old women throwing their knickers at chaps young enough to be their sons is a different matter is it my Angel.[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]I know you''re only kidding norfolkbroadslim [:)][/quote]

Good to see you two have kissed and made up,all you need to do now my little Angel is to find out if he is just a young lad and you can throw your knickers at him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I know you''re only kidding norfolkbroadslim [:)][/quote]

Good to see you two have kissed and made up,all you need to do now my little Angel is to find out if he is just a young lad and you can throw your knickers at him.

[/quote]

My knicker throwing days are well and truly over Tilly, but as Kathy and I said to you last Sat there''s nothing wrong in looking at these young fit men if it makes us happy.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

My knicker throwing days are well and truly over Tilly, but as Kathy and I said to you last Sat there''s nothing wrong in looking at these young fit men if it makes us happy.

[/quote]

Alright then you and Kathy like toyboys and some women like the older man.We are just here to please.There was no need to knock poor old Tom,he is just trying to please you all but obviously he does not flag up on your hormone radar.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I wonder why.[:D][;)][IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/caireyhunt/Big_Mama_Panties.jpg[/IMG] 

I wont be going to see Tom Jones but there may be alot of people who do and thats got to be a good thing for the club the more pennies we gather the better.