Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jones Signs!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Official site -

How crap!

When will the club book something to appeal to the younger generation of the city! It would easily be filled!

Status quo, Elton john, George michael an now tom bloody jones.

The binners at least try and get some half decent bands in the chilli peppers an REM!

I bet the welsh B.O stinker won''t sell out!

Can you sit down - I guess the reason they have people like that is younger artists probably wouldn''t sell out stadiums... How many acts today could sell out about 20, 000 tickets for a gig? Not many apart from the older people who have been around for years.

I guess people like Robbie Williams and Take That could do, but can you really imagine them doing our ground?

You know what? I''m 21 and I actually like Tom Jones. And it''s not even a guilty pleasure thing, because I''m not guilty at all. I may even go to this!

I wouldn''t go and see Tom Jones even if someone paid me £1000 to go.

Why anyone would want to see a wrinkly 70 year old man shake his hips and try and look sexy is beyond me.

binners have R E M, the Zutons,RHCP.. norwich gets the tango man, Reg Dwight, and an ageing rock band who didnt sell out!i await to see puppett mans world tour arriving at Carrow Road.if the UEA can get dizzi rascal then im sure Carrow road could draw a big name for the "younguns".Reckon the Doves would draw a good crowd...

Why don''t we hold a local band showcase or something? There''s a few relatively big bands that are from Norwich, get them all together and have an all day concert.

The Kabeedies, The Brownies, Violet Violet, Tin Man, The Barlights, We Can''t Dance, Apollo 101 just to name a few...

Top hat Alley cat are another one who could do with some local promotion...i''d like to see an all day concert!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Can you sit down - I guess the reason they have people like that is younger artists probably wouldn''t sell out stadiums... How many acts today could sell out about 20, 000 tickets for a gig? Not many apart from the older people who have been around for years. I guess people like Robbie Williams and Take That could do, but can you really imagine them doing our ground?[/quote]

If you pay them the going rate,bands won''t care where they play.The Kings of Leon,Killers,Oasis (if they were still going) etc could easily fill it.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Why anyone would want to see a wrinkly 70 year old man shake his hips and try and look sexy is beyond me.

[/quote]

So, that''s why my wife wife is not responding to me for the past few years. [:D]

I now have this permanent picture in my mind of a screaming, delerious  Delia, standing on the terraces and throwing her yellow laced  knickers onto the green green grass of Carrow Road and in the general direction of Tom Jones.

Please let''s have Humperdinck  instead .

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I now have this permanent picture in my mind of a screaming, delerious  Delia, standing on the terraces and throwing her yellow laced  knickers onto the green green grass of Carrow Road and in the general direction of Tom Jones.

[/quote]

Yeah,cheers for that image[:S]

[quote user="LotharMatthaus"]Why don''t we hold a local band showcase or something? There''s a few relatively big bands that are from Norwich, get them all together and have an all day concert.

The Kabeedies, The Brownies, Violet Violet, Tin Man, The Barlights, We Can''t Dance, Apollo 101 just to name a few...[/quote] Because those bands, despite being pretty good to varying degrees, would struggle to sell out the UEA.

"Muse come to mind immediately and would sell it out no problem."

Muse are selling out Wembley. They probably wouldn''t come down a few ten thousands unfortunately.

Blur come to mind, though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Yeah, but Engledinck Humplebert is from Leicester - let him play there!

Well Delia sounded excited about seeing Tom Jones in her interview with Goreham after the game so guess there will be at least 1 person there.

I saw Pout At The Devil last night at The Bridgehouse in Norwich....awesome!!!!!  And yeah Jas, Top Hat Alleycat are a great local band too........

[quote user="Superflash"]You know what? I''m 21 and I actually like Tom Jones. And it''s not even a guilty pleasure thing, because I''m not guilty at all. I may even go to this![/quote]

My 13 year old wants me to take him to see Thomas da Jones Man - Mrs Mustard isn''t keen but Master Mustard insists he''s really good!...

There''s obviously been some confusion- Delia has fired Lambert and taken the managers job for herself, her first signing being Tom Jones as a new striker

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

So, that''s why my wife wife is not responding to me for the past few years. [:D]

[/quote]

Sorry Yankee [:)]