Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Is Mr Carter a Norwich City Fan?

Drayton construction boss''s wealth soars to £115m

Construction boss Robert CarterConstruction boss Robert Carter has seen a 10 per cent rise in his wealth over the last year, according to a list of the region''s richest families. Mr Carter, chairman of RG Construction in Drayton, saw a 10pc increase in his personal fortune at £115m, putting him 18th richest in East Anglia and 574th nationally.

Should be as he sold NCFC most of the bricks that built the stands that houses the fans that cheer the team that Lambert built!![;)]

I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Mr Carter certainly IS NOT friends with Robert Chase. You couldn''t get much further from the truth. Mr Chase tried to block Carters from building the Barclay Stand in the early 90''s as he wanted his tin pot, one man and a dog building company carry out the work.

I used to work for R G Carters. Although they do have exec boxes, Mr Carter isn''t that passionate for football. The main reason that they have exec boxes is for ''corporate entertaining''.

Not anything coming from the direction i''m afraid!!

That''s interesting Tim. I thought Carters always won the building contracts at NCFC? In fact I thought there was a bit of the funny handshake thing going on. Conspiracy theories are much more exciting than your boring truth! Oh well.

Carter has been either President or Patron of my cricket club for the last 30 years, and has probably given us no more than £1k in that time. I think he''s rich because he is a bit prodent with his money (a Roger Munby wet dream).

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Mr Carter certainly IS NOT friends with Robert Chase. You couldn''t get much further from the truth. Mr Chase tried to block Carters from building the Barclay Stand in the early 90''s as he wanted his tin pot, one man and a dog building company carry out the work.

I used to work for R G Carters. Although they do have exec boxes, Mr Carter isn''t that passionate for football. The main reason that they have exec boxes is for ''corporate entertaining''.

Not anything coming from the direction i''m afraid!![/quote]This is not the same issue as the rebuilding of the Barclay, but it was a dispute in 1985 over the rebuilding of the main stand after the fire that led to the resignation of Arthur South (and the rest of the board) and the coming to power of Robert Chase.From memory (I stress that - this may not be entirely accurate) Chase used the fact that the contract had been won by Carter''s as a lever with which to oust our (arguably) best-ever chairman. I think Chase''s complaint was that the job had not been properly put out to tender, thus not giving other firms (presumably including his own) a chance.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Mr Carter certainly IS NOT friends with Robert Chase. You couldn''t get much further from the truth. Mr Chase tried to block Carters from building the Barclay Stand in the early 90''s as he wanted his tin pot, one man and a dog building company carry out the work. I used to work for R G Carters. Although they do have exec boxes, Mr Carter isn''t that passionate for football. The main reason that they have exec boxes is for ''corporate entertaining''. Not anything coming from the direction i''m afraid!![/quote]

This is not the same issue as the rebuilding of the Barclay, but it was a dispute in 1985 over the rebuilding of the main stand after the fire that led to the resignation of Arthur South (and the rest of the board) and the coming to power of Robert Chase.

From memory (I stress that - this may not be entirely accurate) Chase used the fact that the contract had been won by Carter''s as a lever with which to oust our (arguably) best-ever chairman. I think Chase''s complaint was that the job had not been properly put out to tender, thus not giving other firms (presumably including his own) a chance.

[/quote]

This is pretty much how I remember it Purple[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Mr Carter certainly IS NOT friends with Robert Chase. You couldn''t get much further from the truth. Mr Chase tried to block Carters from building the Barclay Stand in the early 90''s as he wanted his tin pot, one man and a dog building company carry out the work. I used to work for R G Carters. Although they do have exec boxes, Mr Carter isn''t that passionate for football. The main reason that they have exec boxes is for ''corporate entertaining''. Not anything coming from the direction i''m afraid!![/quote]This is not the same issue as the rebuilding of the Barclay, but it was a dispute in 1985 over the rebuilding of the main stand after the fire that led to the resignation of Arthur South (and the rest of the board) and the coming to power of Robert Chase.From memory (I stress that - this may not be entirely accurate) Chase used the fact that the contract had been won by Carter''s as a lever with which to oust our (arguably) best-ever chairman. I think Chase''s complaint was that the job had not been properly put out to tender, thus not giving other firms (presumably including his own) a chance.

[/quote]

[/quote]Cheers, Nutty. Now I''ll let you get yourself mentally prepared for the firestorm about to engulf you over your "didn''t put a foot wrong" post![:D][:O][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Mr Carter certainly IS NOT friends with Robert Chase. You couldn''t get much further from the truth. Mr Chase tried to block Carters from building the Barclay Stand in the early 90''s as he wanted his tin pot, one man and a dog building company carry out the work. I used to work for R G Carters. Although they do have exec boxes, Mr Carter isn''t that passionate for football. The main reason that they have exec boxes is for ''corporate entertaining''. Not anything coming from the direction i''m afraid!![/quote]

This is not the same issue as the rebuilding of the Barclay, but it was a dispute in 1985 over the rebuilding of the main stand after the fire that led to the resignation of Arthur South (and the rest of the board) and the coming to power of Robert Chase.

From memory (I stress that - this may not be entirely accurate) Chase used the fact that the contract had been won by Carter''s as a lever with which to oust our (arguably) best-ever chairman. I think Chase''s complaint was that the job had not been properly put out to tender, thus not giving other firms (presumably including his own) a chance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers, Nutty. Now I''ll let you get yourself mentally prepared for the firestorm about to engulf you over your "didn''t put a foot wrong" post![:D][:O][:D]
[/quote]

Added to that I seem to remember that Sir Arthur was married to Old Man Carter''s widow. But I believe there was some dispute about whether that endeared him to Young Mister Grace.. oops... Carter or not. However he was definitely being served Mrs Slocombe[:O]

I love storms me[li] [st] [Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Cheers, Nutty. Now I''ll let you get yourself mentally prepared for the firestorm about to engulf you over your "didn''t put a foot wrong" post![:D][:O][:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it went quite well really......

.....all things considered ''n''all [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Cheers, Nutty. Now I''ll let you get yourself mentally prepared for the firestorm about to engulf you over your "didn''t put a foot wrong" post![:D][:O][:D][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Possibly a good thing that some of your friendly (?)[:)] antagonists[:@] didn’t see

the early

morning[mo] (and  seemingly very quickly deleted) post

from Stalin’s daughter.[*-)]

She was purportedly passing on good wishes[:D] from Camul and his view that

you

were a rare voice of reason on this forum. 

M*llo and T*ngie, meanwhile, came in for some gentle ribbing.[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Possibly a good thing that some of your friendly (?)[:)] antagonists[:@] didn’t see the early morning[mo] (and  seemingly very quickly deleted) post from Stalin’s daughter.[*-)]

She was purportedly passing on good wishes[:D] from Camul and his view that you were a rare voice of reason on this forum.  M*llo and T*ngie, meanwhile, came in for some gentle ribbing.[:P]

[/quote]

i sawed it....guffaw

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Cheers, Nutty. Now I''ll let you get yourself mentally prepared for the firestorm about to engulf you over your "didn''t put a foot wrong" post![:D][:O][:D][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Possibly a good thing that some of your friendly (?)[:)] antagonists[:@] didn’t see the early morning[mo] (and  seemingly very quickly deleted) post from Stalin’s daughter.[*-)]She was purportedly passing on good wishes[:D] from Camul and his view that you were a rare voice of reason on this forum.  M*llo and T*ngie, meanwhile, came in for some gentle ribbing.[:P]

[/quote]

i sawed it....guffaw

[/quote]Ah, good. I wasn''t entirely certain I hadn''t imagined it...[:D]

I was at school with Robert. He was keen on cricket and we played in the same team but i don''t think he had any interest in football unfortunately.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Possibly a good thing that some of your friendly (?)[:)] antagonists[:@] didn’t see the early morning[mo] (and  seemingly very quickly deleted) post from Stalin’s daughter.[*-)]

She was purportedly passing on good wishes[:D] from Camul and his view that you were a rare voice of reason on this forum.  M*llo and T*ngie, meanwhile, came in for some gentle ribbing.[:P]

[/quote]

I miss Cam[:''(] I''m surpised if he said that about me though[:O]

I used to imagine he was sat at an old fashioned desk with a tumbler of whisky when he was posting late at night.

I know he wound a few folk up but he religiously did the Free Bet and I didn''t ever think he meant our club any harm.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Possibly a good thing that some of your friendly (?)[:)] antagonists[:@] didn’t see the early morning[mo] (and  seemingly very quickly deleted) post from Stalin’s daughter.[*-)]She was purportedly passing on good wishes[:D] from Camul and his view that you were a rare voice of reason on this forum.  M*llo and T*ngie, meanwhile, came in for some gentle ribbing.[:P]

[/quote]

I miss Cam[:''(] I''m surpised if he said that about me though[:O]

I used to imagine he was sat at an old fashioned desk with a tumbler of whisky when he was posting late at night.

I know he wound a few folk up but he religiously did the Free Bet and I didn''t ever think he meant our club any harm.

[/quote]Nutty, even assuming that "Stalin''s daughter" is Cam''s representative on earth, I wouldn''t set too much store by this "voice of reason" opinion of you - he said the same about me and that is plainly nonsense![:$]I think there is an Irish/Russian connection, so more probably whiskey and/or vodka.[<:o)]PS for "Stalin''s daughter" if you''re watching - spookily I am just finishing off  the Simon Sebag Montefiore book on you and your dad - The Court of the Red Tsar. Full of mass murder, mayhem and megalomania.[6] Is that an accurate description of your home life?![st]

Why was Cam banned though? Was it because he said he was going to write that piece about football message boards and base it on what happened here? It''s a strange one if so because being banned doesn''t stop him reading the board does it?

It seems strange to totally ban a poster after 5,000 odd posts.

I have worked for a company owned by the carter group and know many people who still do and I can tell you theyre the last people you want involved with the club theyll leave you in the lurch without thinking twice if it will save them some money. I know 4 people who worked for them until they were made redundant days before last xmas.. I was also made redundant by them a few years back. theyve got 0 management skills!

"Simon Sebag Montefiore book on you and your dad - The Court of the Red Tsar." Eh?

Just finished reading Deathly Hallows..Now that is a good book with loads of twist and turns plots and sub plots!

[quote user="canariesmr2"]

I have worked for a company owned by the carter group and know many people who still do and I can tell you theyre the last people you want involved with the club theyll leave you in the lurch without thinking twice if it will save them some money. I know 4 people who worked for them until they were made redundant days before last xmas.. I was also made redundant by them a few years back. theyve got 0 management skills!

[/quote]

Having done business with quite a few construction companies the behaviour you detail above is extremely common.  All construction guys play it macho, slash and burn to make a profit, and actually relish project management going wrong as it makes it eaiser for them to screw more cash out of the client.  If he came on Board he''d probably focus wholly on the value of FCR - Tangie?

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

"Simon Sebag Montefiore book on you and your dad - The Court of the Red Tsar." Eh?

Just finished reading Deathly Hallows..Now that is a good book with loads of twist and turns plots and sub plots!

[/quote]Barclaybred, the book I was referring to also has loads of twists and turns, and plenty of death as well. The difference is that it is about Joseph Stalin and is all true!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

You read books????

You have no chance of gettin my title now[;)]

And does anyone know why Cam was banned?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

You read books????

You have no chance of gettin my title now[;)]

And does anyone know why Cam was banned?

[/quote]Nutty, this is a guess but it may have been at least partly because Cam was in the habit of attacking Archant''s journalism. I don''t think that per se would have got him banned - I was very critical of Archant''s coverage of Cullumgate but never had anything deleted. Perhaps because I only ever ascribed it to innocent incompetence.The difference with Cam was that it was quite a theme with him, and also I seem to remember that he would occasionally hint (or more than hint) at a base motivation for what he saw as lousy journalism rather than putting it down to innocent incompetence. This, of course, is not to say that he was right or wrong in his criticisms. Or that this is why he got banned.

It just seemed strange that after over 5000 posts he should get banned. He always did have what would be fair to say was a "unique style", but it was accepted for all those posts over a period of years.