Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Well done Delia & Michael for getting to grips with things

Bringing McNally in, who in turn brought in Lambert, who in turn weeded out those not good enough, got decent replacements in & ultimately gave us a team.

WONDERFUL! 

Well done for getting us out of a league we shouldn''t have ever fallen to in the first place?!!

Is this the same Delia who was not sure of PL''s appointment?

Well done Mr Mcnally and PL. Superb team who have shown proffesionalism and ambition. Enjoy your celerbrations fellas and fans!!.

Remember keep the faith like I said before the game!!

Pressure affects us in different ways...phew!!

Get real - these two idiots were responsible for our total demise over the past two years. I think others persuaded McNally to come whilst ushering Delia & Michael away where they could do no harm. Yes Delia is Norwich through and through, and deserves credit for financially supporting the club through tough times, but she has made a host of managerial errors, the worst of which was bringing Doomcaster to the club. The credit for this season''s fantastic achievements must go firmly to McNally, Lambert, the players and superb fans. OTBC.

Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club. 

[quote user="Spartan"]Get real - these two idiots were responsible for our total demise over the past two years. I think others persuaded McNally to come whilst ushering Delia & Michael away where they could do no harm. Yes Delia is Norwich through and through, and deserves credit for financially supporting the club through tough times, but she has made a host of managerial errors, the worst of which was bringing Doomcaster to the club. The credit for this season''s fantastic achievements must go firmly to McNally, Lambert, the players and superb fans. OTBC.[/quote]

SPOT ON.

Thank God for Paul Lambert and well done to McNally for getting him here and the players for responding so well to his leadership. Well done to Delia for getting us to league 1 in the first place, and then expecting Bryan Gunn to be good enough to get us out of it.

quite right credit lands at lambert and mcnallys feet... but now comes the real challenge... our aim next season is to stay in the division we will not have alot of money and will be at least in the bottom third in regard to rich list... luckily burnley, hull and pompey are not strong teams from the rpem. but still would have no fear from ourselves... shows how far we have gone down before mcnally arrived

bye bye wateful players and hopeully a few good additions in key areas... but please, please we have been talking about deadwood since our relegated championship team... we need to offload players and get on a right keel... lets hope some new investor may see a club that can rise... but please lets do it slowly... and have the right expectations as with what we have we will not be a force for promotion at all next season

[quote user="Spartan"]Get real - these two idiots were responsible for our total demise over the past two years. I think others persuaded McNally to come whilst ushering Delia & Michael away where they could do no harm. Yes Delia is Norwich through and through, and deserves credit for financially supporting the club through tough times, but she has made a host of managerial errors, the worst of which was bringing Doomcaster to the club. The credit for this season''s fantastic achievements must go firmly to McNally, Lambert, the players and superb fans. OTBC.[/quote]

Nail on head![Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club.  [/quote]Absolutely.And think about it for a minute: if D & M REALLY didn''t want McNally & Lambert at the club, then how selfless does that make them? Admitting their football nous wasn''t up to it & bowing to those who were highly rated by others, giving in to somebody else''s better judgement - choosing someone you perhaps didn''t particularly like personally TO SPEND THEIR MONEY?Would YOU do that for the greater good??

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.

I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club. 

[/quote]

Absolutely.
And think about it for a minute: if D & M REALLY didn''t want McNally & Lambert at the club, then how selfless does that make them? Admitting their football nous wasn''t up to it & bowing to those who were highly rated by others, giving in to somebody else''s better judgement - choosing someone you perhaps didn''t particularly like personally TO SPEND THEIR MONEY?

Would YOU do that for the greater good??

[/quote]

It depends what the alternative would have been.  It was imperative that we got out of League 1 at the first attempt for both financial and footballing reasons.  Given the size of the debt, the alternative would almost certainly have been administration, with D&M losing control of the club and most of their money.  That sort of thing tends to concentrate the mind rather. 

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.

I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club. 

[/quote]

Absolutely.
And think about it for a minute: if D & M REALLY didn''t want McNally & Lambert at the club, then how selfless does that make them? Admitting their football nous wasn''t up to it & bowing to those who were highly rated by others, giving in to somebody else''s better judgement - choosing someone you perhaps didn''t particularly like personally TO SPEND THEIR MONEY?

[/quote]

When it comes to running a football club, The Smiths are total fools.

They knew after relegation that the game was up for them. They either took a back seat and gave effective control to McNally or risked certain revolt if they persisted with their country bumpkin approach. Anyone who appointed Bryan Hamilton and then Bryan Gunn - both TWICE please remember can hardly claim to be the sharpest tools in the box can they!!      

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club.  [/quote]Absolutely.And think about it for a minute: if D & M REALLY didn''t want McNally & Lambert at the club, then how selfless does that make them? Admitting their football nous wasn''t up to it & bowing to those who were highly rated by others, giving in to somebody else''s better judgement - choosing someone you perhaps didn''t particularly like personally TO SPEND THEIR MONEY?Would YOU do that for the greater good??

[/quote]

They knew after relegation that the game was up for them. They either took a back seat and gave effective control to McNally or risked certain revolt if they persisted with their country bumpkin approach. Anyone who appointed Bryan Hamilton and then Bryan Gunn - both TWICE please remember can hardly claim to be the sharpest tools in the box can they!!      

[/quote]When it comes to running a football club, I reckon 99% of the people who come on here thinking they could do better would be worse. Fortunately they will never be in a position to do so.Furthermore, if they ever were in such a position, they have far too inflated opinion of their abilities to take advice from anyone else , no matter how many times they got NCFC relegated..

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Seriously, I would thank Delia & MWJ for not taking their money out of the club and for continuing to make what they can available.  It''s not their fault that they''re not billionaires.I would also thank them for appointing proper businessmen to the board and a Chief Exec who knows how to run a football club.  [/quote]Absolutely.And think about it for a minute: if D & M REALLY didn''t want McNally & Lambert at the club, then how selfless does that make them? Admitting their football nous wasn''t up to it & bowing to those who were highly rated by others, giving in to somebody else''s better judgement - choosing someone you perhaps didn''t particularly like personally TO SPEND THEIR MONEY?Would YOU do that for the greater good??

[/quote]Indeed.

It''s not as though we had a queue of billionaires knocking at the door since 1994 or so wanting to throw their billions for no return is it? No. D & M came in when no one else did and even got us into thge Prem. for a season. Yes, it went a bit feet up after that but looking at Portsmouth, Southampton, Cardiff, Southend and no doubt some others (Chester!!!), it could have been much worse. I think that it took them a while to realise that things were bad but they''ve done what Leeds, Charlton, Southampton, Millwall & Swindon haven''t done yet.

If it was up to them Bryan Gunn would still be manager and we''d be looking forward to another season in this god forsaken league, thanks to them for the money they''ve put in but they''ve had their time here and I desperately hope that we have new owners before next season starts.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It depends if you think people can learn from their mistakes or not.  At some point in July or August, someone talked a lot of sense into Delia Smith & MWJ, and for once they listened.  That suggests to me they realised they needed to change course, and thank god they did.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

Absolutely.

[/quote]

[/quote]

When it comes to running a football club, I reckon 99% of the people who come on here thinking they could do better would be worse. Fortunately they will never be in a position to do so.
Furthermore, if they ever were in such a position, they have far too inflated opinion of their abilities to take advice from anyone else , no matter how many times they got NCFC relegated..

[/quote]

You are a knob....official.

[quote user="Bexley"]

Bringing McNally in, who in turn brought in Lambert, who in turn weeded out those not good enough, got decent replacements in & ultimately gave us a team.

WONDERFUL! 

[/quote]

yeah....ok

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Bexley"]

WONDERFUL! 

[/quote]

yeah....ok

[/quote]

...and don''t forget her nephew Tom''s...... contribution....