Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

DELIA..More than `many` are happy with you now! so..

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t think she was in denial, I just think she took poor advice. I think a very salient point here though is she is one of a board of directors that were all culpable, I mean why aren''t we all demonising MWJ? I just think that a lot of people love to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that she stomps round the boardroom like some sort of dictator, smashing her fists on the table as she bellows orders.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s any secret that Delia can be VERY difficult if crossed. 

We aren''t demonising MWJ just as we aren''t demonising Delia either, most of us.  Why can''t you understand that?

[/quote]Are you seriously saying a lot of  people aren''t fixating and demonising her in relation to recent poor decisions made by the board?Who isn''t difficult when they are crossed? At the end of the day can a fan of a football club always make decisions with their head, as opposed to their heart?[/quote]

Yes I am.  One or two maybe, but they''re a small minority.

Not everyone throws a tantrum when they can''t get their own way, believe it or not.

You can''t excuse bad decision making by saying "she''s a fan" as if that makes everything all right, but that''s not the issue here in any case.  In my view the problem lies in Delia''s inability to make a distinction between her own interests, wishes and desire and those of the club.

[/quote]I think you are wrong, she has become the public face that a great number of people blame.So she throws tantrums now? Do you actually know this or are you just taking forum heresay as gospel?Seriously if she was in it for the money she''s at the wrong club. And if she was in it to be adored by grateful fans she would have sold up to the first bidder two years ago. Could you run Norwich City objectively? I know I couldn''t to be honest.So why do you think she carries on, what is she getting out of it? She already had fame before she was the majority shareholder, she no longer gets love from a majority of the fans, she is 12 million lighter for her trouble, I''m surprised she''s still even here to be honest.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The Turners were supposed to be monitoring the CE. Does anyone remember that?  At the time Roeder was being cleverer than the rest The Turners were said to be hands on while Delia went to work. And when The Turners baled Delia needed to earn even more money.

[/quote]

We don''t know why the Turners bailed out though do we?  They left their money behind so that wasn''t the reason.  After monitoring the CE, did they recommend that he be replaced? - it was obvious to many of us, so maybe it was obvious to them too.  Maybe other members of the board didn''t agree? 

But given that we don''t know and probably never will, I don''t see how you can drag them into the discussion to make excuses for Delia.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

The Turners were supposed to be monitoring the CE. Does anyone remember that?  At the time Roeder was being cleverer than the rest The Turners were said to be hands on while Delia went to work. And when The Turners baled Delia needed to earn even more money.

[/quote]

We don''t know why the Turners bailed out though do we?  They left their money behind so that wasn''t the reason.  After monitoring the CE, did they recommend that he be replaced? - it was obvious to many of us, so maybe it was obvious to them too.  Maybe other members of the board didn''t agree? 

But given that we don''t know and probably never will, I don''t see how you can drag them into the discussion to make excuses for Delia.

[/quote]

Who''s making excuses for Delia Cherub? I took a question to Delia and she answered it. I don''t many of you understand the question let alone the answer. If you want to know those things about The Turners why didn''t you ask her?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who''s making excuses for Delia Cherub? I took a question to Delia and she answered it. I don''t many of you understand the question let alone the answer. If you want to know those things about The Turners why didn''t you ask her?

[/quote]

Weren''t we told that there was a confidentiality clause?   Even Roger Munby "didn''t know" or so he said . . . [;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Weren''t we told that there was a confidentiality clause?   Even Roger Munby "didn''t know" or so he said . . . [;)]

[/quote]

The point I was making was that Delia went back to work. There was no confidentiality clause about that was there? Do you think that it''s possible to do all that tv work and book writing whilst meddling in the football club and insisting that we waste the football budget until we are evetually relegated?

Why didn''t you answer my point about prudence? The part that you originally brought up?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The point I was making was that Delia went back to work. There was no confidentiality clause about that was there? Do you think that it''s possible to do all that tv work and book writing whilst meddling in the football club and insisting that we waste the football budget until we are evetually relegated?

Why didn''t you answer my point about prudence? The part that you originally brought up?

[/quote]

That''s what you should be asking Delia isn''t it nutty? 

Your email was, I assume, about "prudence with ambition" in relation to how the club is run.  Her reply was about prudence with ambition in relation to their own investment.  So she didn''t actually answer your question.  Clever old Delia, she really is brilliant at it.  Had me fooled.

Bet you wish you''d never brought up the Turners.  Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your email was, I assume, about "prudence with ambition" in relation to how the club is run.  Her reply was about prudence with ambition in relation to their own investment.  So she didn''t actually answer your question.  Clever old Delia, she really is brilliant at it.  Had me fooled.

Bet you wish you''d never brought up the Turners.  Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[/quote]

No, my email was made from comments on here. They were comments posters had made about Delia as owner of the club and not about how the club was run.

Why would I wish I never brought the Turners up? If you think we should be told why don''t you ask. I''m not going to do it for you[;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[/quote]

It''s been suggested before on here. Along with countless other theories.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, my email was made from comments on here. They were comments posters had made about Delia as owner of the club and not about how the club was run.

Why would I wish I never brought the Turners up? If you think we should be told why don''t you ask. I''m not going to do it for you[;)]

[/quote]

Show me a single post that talks about "prudence with ambition" in relation to D&M''s own investment rather than the running of the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the trouble with confidentiality clauses isn''t it.  Tell the truth and shame the devil, that''s what I say.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the trouble with confidentiality clauses isn''t it.  Tell the truth and shame the devil, that''s what I say.

[/quote]

That''s what my mum always said to me. It''s always stayed with me but I never heard many others say it!

Nobody ''gets'' the difference between owning the club and running it. But there is a difference. Honest.

Night Cherub

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.

Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.

[:)]

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[/quote]

But what about the interest free loans she has given the club?
[/quote]

So how much does she want to get on her bike then?

Is it nothing, is it £12 million, or is it something in-between Delia?  Why not sit down and specify exactly what criterea need to be met to buy you out and set it in stone to be changed maybe once every 12 months, instead of when it suits you to change it because a possible investor has shown a bit of interest.

Stop beating about the bush love... you make Brown, Cameron and Clegg look honest and on past evidence can''t be trusted!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[/quote]But what about the interest free loans she has given the club?[/quote]

Is it nothing, is it £12 million, or is it something in-between Delia?  Why not sit down and specify exactly what criterea need to be met to buy you out and set it in stone to be changed maybe once every 12 months, instead of when it suits you to change it because a possible investor has shown a bit of interest.

Stop beating about the bush love... you make Brown, Cameron and Clegg look honest and on past evidence can''t be trusted!

[/quote]Lol, you''re starting to sound like this is a bit personal.Do you have the money to buy her out?Sorry to disappoint you old chap, but people really aren''t queuing up to buy our club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.

Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, you''re starting to sound like this is a bit personal.

Do you have the money to buy her out?

Sorry to disappoint you old chap, but people really aren''t queuing up to buy our club.
[/quote]

I wonder why that is?

Delia despite what she claims wants something more than any sane individual is prepared to offer for our club.  She owns it and is perfectly in her right to do as she likes.  But please lets not be trying to call the lady a saint for continually putting her own interests before those of NCFC.

Do you really think that we would have spent the last season in the 3rd tier if she had of accepted Cullum''s offer when it was first made about 2 and a half years ago?  My guess is that we would have been a very good Championship team at the very least.

You seem to have forgotten all about that offer however because in Delia, Wynn Jones, Foulger, Munby and Doomys eyes it was not in the best interests for NCFC as Cullum would have wanted his initial £5 million back if we were relegated.  Well Roeder, despite being vilified by the majority on here for last season kept us up miraculously with peanuts to spend.  Delia & Co then gave the job to somebody who was should never have been given it before awarding him with a shiny new contract in the summer for relegating us.

Now you and I will always probably disagree on this, but I do not know why the press even bother wheeling Delia out to answer questions anymore.  As far as I am concerned she is in a no-win situation pretty much these days.  As I said upon relegation and the way things were handled by the current board at the time, there is too much distrust amongst the fanbase for the wounds to heal until we see a whole new board of directors from the top to the bottom of the club.

Yes it is great that we are back in the Championship at the first attempt, but we never should have been there in the first place and we were told too many lies along the way.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]But what about the interest free loans she has given the club?[/quote]

[/quote]Lol, you''re starting to sound like this is a bit personal.Do you have the money to buy her out?Sorry to disappoint you old chap, but people really aren''t queuing up to buy our club.[/quote]

I wonder why that is?

Delia despite what she claims wants something more than any sane individual is prepared to offer for our club.  She owns it and is perfectly in her right to do as she likes.  But please lets not be trying to call the lady a saint for continually putting her own interests before those of NCFC.

Do you really think that we would have spent the last season in the 3rd tier if she had of accepted Cullum''s offer when it was first made about 2 and a half years ago?  My guess is that we would have been a very good Championship team at the very least.

You seem to have forgotten all about that offer however because in Delia, Wynn Jones, Foulger, Munby and Doomys eyes it was not in the best interests for NCFC as Cullum would have wanted his initial £5 million back if we were relegated.  Well Roeder, despite being vilified by the majority on here for last season kept us up miraculously with peanuts to spend.  Delia & Co then gave the job to somebody who was should never have been given it before awarding him with a shiny new contract in the summer for relegating us.

Now you and I will always probably disagree on this, but I do not know why the press even bother wheeling Delia out to answer questions anymore.  As far as I am concerned she is in a no-win situation pretty much these days.  As I said upon relegation and the way things were handled by the current board at the time, there is too much distrust amongst the fanbase for the wounds to heal until we see a whole new board of directors from the top to the bottom of the club.

Yes it is great that we are back in the Championship at the first attempt, but we never should have been there in the first place and we were told too many lies along the way.

[/quote]I shall answer this briefly as I want to go to bed lol.Seriously, do you really know the ins and outs of Cullums offer? You don''t and neither do I.She is in a no win situation and is rarely "wheeled out "  really so I think she is all too aware of this.I really don''t think we were lied to as such, bad decisions were made but I pretty much believe people involved had the clubs best interests at heart.

Having the club''s best interest at heart and having a clue are, at least in this case, 2 very different things. Hence our season in Division 3.

Hey, just like this debate! You have the club''s best interests at heart, but alas......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]Looks like I''ve opened a can of worms at the very least, if not hit the nail right on the head.  Odd that no one had thought of it before.  Did the Turners advise that Doomcaster be replaced, and were they overruled?  The whole thing was certainly very odd.  I think we should be told, confidentiality clause or not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s what my mum always said to me. It''s always stayed with me but I never heard many others say it!

Nobody ''gets'' the difference between owning the club and running it. But there is a difference. Honest.

Night Cherub

[/quote]

Nobody else eh?

Dear oh dear. What a set of muppets we mere mortals are.

OTBC 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, you''re starting to sound like this is a bit personal.

Do you have the money to buy her out?

Sorry to disappoint you old chap, but people really aren''t queuing up to buy our club.
[/quote]

I wonder why that is?

[/quote]

I shall answer this briefly as I want to go to bed lol.

Seriously, do you really know the ins and outs of Cullums offer? You don''t and neither do I.

She is in a no win situation and is rarely "wheeled out "  really so I think she is all too aware of this.

I really don''t think we were lied to as such, bad decisions were made but I pretty much believe people involved had the clubs best interests at heart.
[/quote]

I thought that the ins and outs of the deal were pretty well publicised at the time, and like I said if the villain of last season in many peoples eyes (Roeder) was given £5 million to spend the season before when he kept us up by spending peanuts then what was the likelihood of us being relegated that summer?  The board could have then made a decsion on whther to allow Roeder the £15 million that was promised the following over the following year or two, or got a new man in to spend it.  Of course would allowing Roeder and Gunn maybe in hindsight of been a good thing for the club?  Probably not!

I agree that we may have not been lied to as such - but like I said, with Delia''s loose tongue and PR skills she is best kept well away from making any statement to the press, either that or stay off the sauce!  But undoubtedly, of course she will also get criticised for this in some quarters too.

She really is in a no-win situation with many of our fans these days - drunken rants on the pitch, falling over in car parks, the Simon Mayo show, "lots of lovely new investment!" at the Norfolk show a couple of years ago (which we are still waiting for) and then a no show when many people would of liked to see her confront the fans after last seasons relegation... I could go on!

Nothing personal and I do think she has realised that she needs to take more of a back seat recently, but in my opinion the comments given in this webchat to Nutty are no more than the same old clap trap that we have heard many times before.  I am sure that I am not the only one who would have not believed a word of it?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Having the club''s best interest at heart and having a clue are, at least in this case, 2 very different things. Hence our season in Division 3. Hey, just like this debate! You have the club''s best interests at heart, but alas.....[/quote]

hehe a little harsh Houston... but I like it! [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Having the club''s best interest at heart and having a clue are, at least in this case, 2 very different things. Hence our season in Division 3. ..[/quote]

A very accurate statement.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]that idiot who said to you that many are STILL angry about last year and STILL blame you,should get his posterior down the city and have a chat with the faithfull in the bars on a saturday..Though you probably did make mistakes last year with appointments etc,you certainly pulled it around with dumping your lapdog and hiring Mcnally,then stepping back and letting him do his biz...If you did a poll now,sure there will still be the perenial moaners,who just love to moan and pick holes,but im sure the majority would love to give you and your hubby a BIG THANK YOU![/quote]

Oh, yes of course, Ole Delia[:^)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]

Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???

[/quote]

Some very funny, and a couple of very ironic posts here! I am inclined to agree with you CC. Wouldn''t suprise me if she gets hold of a microphone today or against Carlisle though, not one little bit.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Having the club''s best interest at heart and having a clue are, at least in this case, 2 very different things. Hence our season in Division 3. ..[/quote]

[/quote]

And this is where me and Delia''s detractors are poles apart. I don''t believe it''s an accurate statement at all.I think it''s a load of old pony.

I would have thought Smith & Jones had a lot more than just a clue. They are both succesfull business people in their own right. To my knowledge they weren''t born with the wealth they have now and it''s not possible to accumulate that amount of money if you don''t have a clue. Well I suppose it is if you win Euro Millions which, to be fair, is the only way any of us could make it.

So surely they have a clue, don''t they? And having the club''s best interest at heart is my number one credential for any owner of our football club.

So there you have it Barclaybred. Read this thread and you will see the idiot is not such an idiot after all. It hasn''t taken long for the many who are STILL angry and STILL blame Delia to let there feelings be known on here has it?

If they have a footballing clue how do you explain their appointments of Grant, Gunn and Roeder ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

And this is where me and Delia''s detractors are poles apart. I don''t believe it''s an accurate statement at all.I think it''s a load of old pony.

I would have thought Smith & Jones had a lot more than just a clue. They are both succesfull business people in their own right. To my knowledge they weren''t born with the wealth they have now and it''s not possible to accumulate that amount of money if you don''t have a clue. Well I suppose it is if you win Euro Millions which, to be fair, is the only way any of us could make it.

So surely they have a clue, don''t they? And having the club''s best interest at heart is my number one credential for any owner of our football club.

So there you have it Barclaybred. Read this thread and you will see the idiot is not such an idiot after all. It hasn''t taken long for the many who are STILL angry and STILL blame Delia to let there feelings be known on here has it?

[/quote]It''s hopeless, Myschkin. They have priveleged knowledge about Delia we will never have. I don''t know about you, though, but I find these opinions useful - after all, without a contrary point of view, there''d be no debate, & you''d have nothing to shake you out of your own comfortable rut. Perhaps I''m odd, but I think the only way you''ll get anywhere near the truth is to hear all sides of the argument.However, it helps if the argument has a bit more substance to it than "I think so-&-so is a c*nt". Which is what some of the opinions on here boil down to.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If they have a footballing clue how do you explain their appointments of Grant, Gunn and Roeder ?

[/quote]

Where did footballing clue suddenly come from? I thought we were talking about owning the club rather than running the club.

But having said that I''d still bet they know more about running a football club than any of us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Where did footballing clue suddenly come from? I thought we were talking about owning the club rather than running the club.

[/quote]

So what exactly is the difference between owning the club and running the club nutty?  When you think about it, it''s not as simple as it seems.

Do you mean the difference between owners and employees ie. the latter can be sacked but the former can''t?

Or that the owners take the big decisions and the employees the lesser ones?

The amount of day to day involvement in the running of the club is irrelevant.  It varies so much from one owner to another that it''s impossible to generalise.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what exactly is the difference between owning the club and running the club nutty?  When you think about it, it''s not as simple as it seems.

Do you mean the difference between owners and employees ie. the latter can be sacked but the former can''t?

Or that the owners take the big decisions and the employees the lesser ones?

The amount of day to day involvement in the running of the club is irrelevant.  It varies so much from one owner to another that it''s impossible to generalise.

[/quote]

No it''s nothing to do with anyone being sacked. But I''m not surprised that you have that opinion because this message board seems to be obsessed with sacking people and protesting. Let''s turn it round for a minute and I''ll ask you a question - What is it that makes Smith&Jones unfit owners of our football club?